• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#21 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

“I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#22 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Tootoo is the s***.  You could tell he was trying so hard not to light anyone up today, he has some speed. 

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#23 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I've loved the Tootoo signing since day one. 

Best of luck to him, I think he'll be great on our fourth line.

Posted Image

#24 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

He'll be a fan favorite soon enough.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#25 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

He'll be a fan favorite soon enough.

I called this back in the summer but I want to repeat it. Tootoo will be a beloved Wing soom enough. He is a hardworker on the ice and gentleman off of it. Meant to be a Wing. Fan Favorite.

#26 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Agreed. One of those players you hate to play against, but you'd love on your team. He'll provide the 4th line with some snarl and physicality. He's not big, but he's a decent fighter, too.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#27 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Tootoo will be a great Red Wing and give us what we have been needing for some time now. He was a ***** to play against and now he he will his thing for us... similar to Chelios. Welcome Tootoo! I think there should be a ban on the Tootoo train whisles in Detroit though

#28 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

But, but.......... I thought Downey and McCarty weren't important to our roster in 2008, as has been debated to death on this forum.  

:innocent:

Has it really? Before my time. Ofcourse Downey, McCartry AND Drake were VERY important for the grit they brought. Keeping the flies off if you will. Who says otherwise? lol

Back on topic... it has been obviously to me that we have sorely missed that type of presence since the last cup and would likely have gone deeper in the play-offs each year had we had it.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#29 Desertbomber

Desertbomber

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Tootoo Non-Redwing = Love to Hate

Tootoo Redwing = Hate to Love (but will love just the same)

#30 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

I called this back in the summer but I want to repeat it. Tootoo will be a beloved Wing soom enough. He is a hardworker on the ice and gentleman off of it. Meant to be a Wing. Fan Favorite.

Just nobody start with those damn whistles.

Posted Image

#31 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

I love the toughness he brings to this team, I love the forecheck he brings to this team and I love his tenacity.

What people like myself don't like, is the d*uche-baggery cheapshots he brings.  There's a big difference between playing with the above-mentioned traits and the antics Tootoo gets himself into.....and before anyone makes the Maltby comparisons, I'll stop you before you start.  There's a big difference between the s*** Maltby used to pull versus what Tootoo has over the course of his career.

We'll see how it goes, but if he keeps up the antics, I don't see myself cheering for him much...or defending him for that matter. If he keeps it clean, he'll win me over.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#32 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Remember a couple years ago when the Wings played Phoenix in the playoffs and Helm was just murdering Jovo?  Forechecking hard, finishing his hits, forcing turnovers, and all that?  Remember Jovo was so sick of Helm doing it that he eventually kinda snapped and was all up in Helm's face talking s***?  It was awesome. 

That's what Jordin Tootoo does every night.

Edited by kipwinger, 16 January 2013 - 10:32 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#33 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

I love the toughness he brings to this team, I love the forecheck he brings to this team and I love his tenacity.

What people like myself don't like, is the d*uche-baggery cheapshots he brings.  There's a big difference between playing with the above-mentioned traits and the antics Tootoo gets himself into.....and before anyone makes the Maltby comparisons, I'll stop you before you start.  There's a big difference between this s*** Maltby used to pull versus what Tootoo has over the course of his career.

We'll see how it goes, but if he keeps up the antics, I don't see myself cheering for him much...or defending him for that matter. If he keeps it clean, he'll win me over.

Exactly.  

If he brings energy, clean hard hits, squares up when he drops the gloves instead of suckerpunching and isn't such a defensive liability, I'll quickly become one of his biggest fans. 

So far throughout his career though you take his good qualities with a fair amount of bad. 

#34 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Well, when you watch your team Captain Shea Weber slam someone's face into the boards after the whistle, what example of class and respect did he have to follow or live up to??  I think Z as his Captain will evoke a different/cleaner Tootoo.  If that happens...watch out JV and Miggy....Detroit has a new "favorite son".

ENJOY THE RIDE

#35 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Babcock said it the best during the beginning of the 3rd period when he joined Ken and Mick, "Tootoo looks great out there, even when he can't play his game. Obviously in a situation like this, he can't play his game, his game is to go out there and make it hell for the opponent. He can't really do that tonight, but he still looks good."

I loved when they interviewed Tootoo, "They know what I bring to the table, and I know why i'm here." 

A lot of you will be eating crow from some of things you've said during this summer and these signings. Honestly, I think everyone including myself underestimate how much this team can bring to the table if executed right. What was displayed last night actually made me feel better about the season. I saw Mule working hard in a scrimmage, working with his hands and he looked in better shape. I'm actually excited to see him this season, and the one shot he pulled had a great release that railed the post. That's what we need more of, except less post. Bring back that sexy release mule! For it being Brunner's first time on NHL sized ice in a scrimmage setting, he impressed me. I could tell that the first lines weren't really into it at first, but they probably get an ass-kicking within the locker room to put on a show for the damn fans. Bert looked like he was in great shape and i'm excited to see him. Smith looked really comfortable and i'm excited to see him full-time. Nyquist was strong on the puck and probably showcased to some people that he isn't as small as many people tend to think he is. The man put on some weight during the off-season and he's been amazing for GRR this season (yes, you actually had to watch him this season and stop judging him from the last nhl season). Jurco surprisingly looked strong on the puck for his size, I know his main goal is still developing and putting on weight but I was surprised on his foot work and ability to stay on the puck when forced. Obviously they weren't able to throw all their body weight into each other so it's a little off-base to judge everything, but it's good to see the footwork and ability to stay on it. 

Edited by evilzyme, 16 January 2013 - 10:51 AM.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#36 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Abdelkader-Bertuzzi-Tootoo = legit fighting line

Im sorry but I just had to laugh at Bertuzzi being on a "legit fighting line"

#37 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

I've always kind of assumed the douchebaggery was more a product of the Predators' system and culture than a true reflection of the man.

Edited by Dabura, 16 January 2013 - 10:59 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#38 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Players like Tootoo are more effective than just big and slow goons who can't skate or score. He will be better as a Red Wing.

#39 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

tootoo is garbage.  hope he gets benched.

Well, he DID have more points and goals than anyone in OUR bottom six last year. Add in the fact he fought a third of what our total was last year, you might be selling him short. So your version of garbage and mine must be different.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#40 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Just want to thank all of our great #RedWings fans that came out tonight ! Truly amazing to see. Can't wait to suit up at the Joe!

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".