• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#101 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

The only thing I see possible is because tootoo came at polak hard but missed him and crashed the boards and polak was crying about it? but tootoo never even hit him...

I said this in the GDT, but this happened a lot in the first round of the playoffs last season.

Remember when towards the end of games, tough guys were being thrown out for jawing with other players or pushing and shoving?  It's like proactive officiating.  The refs were instructed by the league to throw tough guys out of games late, so that nothing would eventually escalate.  The league was probably upset by the bad publicity the first round received last year.

This makes guys like Tootoo, and certainly enforcers, completely obsolete when they're not even allowed to do their jobs.  It's like creating a new set of rules that don't already exist.  

10 minute misconduct for being a tough guy and potentially starting a later altercation.  Nice one NHL.  

:thumbdown:  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#102 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Trotz had grown weary of him, for reasons no one - to my knowledge - has really unearthed. (My theory? The whistles.)

Granted I'm not a Tootoo fan but my theory is just that he's still too much of a defensive liability.  As the Preds got better and more competitive his defensive lapses weren't worth the energy he brought. 

#103 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

I said this in the GDT, but this happened a lot in the first round of the playoffs last season.

Remember when towards the end of games, tough guys were being thrown out for jawing with other players or pushing and shoving?  It's like proactive officiating.  The refs were instructed by the league to throw tough guys out of games late, so that nothing would eventually escalate.  The league was probably upset by the bad publicity the first round received last year.

This makes guys like Tootoo, and certainly enforcers, completely obsolete when they're not even allowed to do their jobs.  It's like creating a new set of rules that don't already exist.  

10 minute misconduct for being a tough guy and potentially starting a later altercation.  Nice one NHL.  

:thumbdown:  

Ahh Bettman hard at work again, keep up the fine work, before you know it will be figure skating with pucks

#104 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Ahh Bettman hard at work again, keep up the fine work, before you know it will be figure skating with pucks

Umm hello that's the ultimate Buttman wet dream...

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#105 predmonkee

predmonkee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Dabura" data-cid="2342975" data-time="1358786596"><p>
Trotz had grown weary of him, for reasons no one - to my knowledge - has really unearthed. (My theory? The whistles.)</p></blockquote>

Tootoo sounded off in the playoffs last year about being benched in favor of some younger guys. But I dont think trotz was weary of him. The preds just weren't going to pay him 2 mil. I think they still have a good relationship.

He's already missed in Nashville. Even though he is a wing, most pred fans will always have a soft spot in their heart for the guy. In this day and age, in any sport, fans love heart and fans love hustle. Leave it all out on the ice and most fans will appreciate it. Your be hardpressed to find a bottom 6'er in the league that skates as hard, pushes his teammates, drops the gloves when needed, and can energize an entire arena the way he can.

#106 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

drw0121_14.jpg?w=620

Don't Toews me, bro!

#107 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

2 more dust ups tonight in the first 20 mins.. 

I think the 22 haters might be thawing a bit.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#108 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Best Red Wing fight I have seen in years

#109 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

There's definitely a lot of people around the NHL who want to fight Tootoo.  He's pissed off many people over the years.   :lol:

I guess the Wings knew that before they signed him.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#110 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Certainly does look like he'll have a busy season. 

There's definitely a lot of people around the NHL who want to fight Tootoo.  He's pissed off many people over the years.   :lol:

I guess the Wings knew that before they signed him.  

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#111 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

I like the signing so far. Reminds me of McCarty. Hits, grinds, generates some movement in the opposing end, and takes hard shots when he gets them. He's going to be important later in a playoff race.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#112 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

295abkx.jpg

works every time

#113 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

The Wings are undefeated when Tootoo fights.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#114 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Another good game tonight.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#115 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Tootoo Toosdays, too dollar hotdogs and too fights

#116 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

We need team toughness for sure.  Maybe need TooToo to introduce Franziska to some toughness.  get abby back in it, get ERICSSON back in it!

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#117 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

I'll just go ahead and put this here

and

Edited by Namingway, 30 January 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#118 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Has anyone else noticed that while Tootoo is a pretty good skater, he's awful at trying to stop?  I guess if you've been hitting guys your whole life there's probably no reason to learn how to stop, but if you watch you'll get a kick out of it.  Who was the kid from the Mighty Ducks movies who couldn't stop?   Love the guy, and love that once he gets going he's either hitting a defenseman or hitting the glass, but he's never stopping. 

Edited by kipwinger, 30 January 2013 - 09:49 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#119 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

http://video.redwing...197185&catid=-6

"Nah let's get after it again, I still had one more fight in me"

Man did I miss having a guy like this on the Wings.

#120 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Toots is the man.  He can take them and he can give them.  He was ready to go again....LOL

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30