RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'll just go ahead and put this here

and

That second fight was crazy... don't think I’ve ever seen 2 guy give each other so many kidney shots in an NHL fight.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#123 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

That second fight was crazy... don't think I’ve ever seen 2 guy give each other so many kidney shots in an NHL fight.

If you watch it from the Dallas feed they make it seem like Tootoo got creamed in the second fight, it's funny cause I don't think there was a clear cut winner or loser in that fight, my favourite is that in the interview after hesaid he was good to go for a third fight lol, love having tootoo on the team!

EDIT: I also love mick singing on the replay of the first fight, his homerisms are priceless

Edited by Euro_Twins, 30 January 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#124 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

I don't know if I've ever heard Mickey sound so excited.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#125 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

In 2 consecutive tuesdays now ive found myself repeatedly screaming "TOOTOO!!" at the games. And im not ashamed about it as some people on here would want me to be.

love this guy.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#126 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

BTW, Dillon should have taken off his visor during that long squareoff.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#127 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

All this and his line generated some good scoring chances too!  Tootoo is willing to bleed for a win.  I. LOVE. THAT.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#128 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Whether you like Toots or not, the team needed this

#129 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

BTW, Dillon should have taken off his visor during that long squareoff.  

It's a pretty cowardly thing to do to leave the visor on in a fight

#130 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

It's a pretty cowardly thing to do to leave the visor on in a fight

It's actually an unsportsmanlike penalty they rarely call, but it does happen from time to time.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#131 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

It's actually an unsportsmanlike penalty they rarely call, but it does happen from time to time.

I've never seen it called before, so I didn't even think of that, still pretty cowardly

#132 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

They've been calling it this year when the visor wearer is the instigator.  Easy to be brave and go in fists'a flying when your whole head is wrapped in plastic.  :thumbup:

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#133 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

We REALLY need some whistles at Red Wings games... just sayin. Listen, you all know it's going to happen eventually, might as well get used to the idea. :D

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#134 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

I've never seen it called before, so I didn't even think of that, still pretty cowardly

I remember someone got called for fighting abby last year (I think) with a visor.  Of course, I've seen Abby fight with one too.  I've seen it called once or twice other than that, so it is pretty rare.  Kind of like how when they throw someone out for a faceoff violation, if the same team commits another one, they are supposed to call a delay of game, but they never do...they just drop the puck.

We REALLY need some whistles at Red Wings games... just sayin. Listen, you all know it's going to happen eventually, might as well get used to the idea. :D

For the love of god, please no.........

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#135 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

It is only a penalty if you instigate a fight with the visor.  Way back when Luc Robitaille picked up one of those when he fought Cheli.

works every time

#136 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

loved toots post game interview how he called out dillon with the "rookie move" of looking for a fight at the end of a shift during the home opener.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#137 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

The first half of the fight it wasn't going well, but then he got a second wind and started really creaming Dillon, good job the refs stopped it when they did.  Anyways, I always knew that as soon as he'd dropped the gloves a few times Wings fans would love him, the real questions are going to be if and when he crosses that line he so often crossed in Nashville.

If you watch it from the Dallas feed they make it seem like Tootoo got creamed in the second fight, it's funny cause I don't think there was a clear cut winner or loser in that fight 

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#138 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

The first half of the fight it wasn't going well, but then he got a second wind and started really creaming Dillon, good job the refs stopped it when they did.  Anyways, I always knew that as soon as he'd dropped the gloves a few times Wings fans would love him, the real questions are going to be if and when he crosses that line he so often crossed in Nashville.

My observation exactly.  He got rocked by those upper cuts and I thought he was down and out, but then I was amazed at how he shook it off in an instant and picked up the pace again, inflicting a lot of damage after that point. I thought the team was inspired more to seeing that there is no quit in Toots rather than to wether he won or lost. 

Sugar Ray used to call it being in "The Dark Closet" when a guy gets rocked like that, and how most guys can never fight there way back out of the Dark Closet.  I think Toots saw the lights flickering, and kicked it into high gear instead of letting himself get shut down. That's an amazing thing to witness. No Quit in Toots, that's for damn sure.

#139 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

he's been awesome .. what a spark. cant wait til him and helm same line, wrecking balls out there. they had one shift together the game helm played and what a jolt they were hitting everything in sight. 

#140 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

NO, please, no!  Just stand up and cheer everytime and rock the house!