• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

TooToo - the lovable little Tasmanian Devil

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

Ok, i agree with no lame whistles BUT i do think the Joe needs to come up with a song afer Tootoo has a fight. Songs are big at the Joe- remember when Dan Cleary used to actually score and they would play " I can see clearly now?' We need a 22 fight song! :music:

This would be a great one when someone gets Kronwalled

No way.

Semin has the fastest hands since Craig Berube. He would light Franzen up.

2 softies

NO, please, no! Just stand up and cheer everytime and rock the house!

In the spirit of good sport let's form an "inside" competition where the whistle tooters will toot there whistles for the Toot's and everyone else simply stands up and cheers as loud as they can for the Toots. Each group tries to drown out the sound of the other thus creating a "rocked house". Also we could trade in the whistles for red whoopie cushions, they are much quieter but funny as hell.

I still think starting fights like this at the start of the game without any reason is just ridiculous. Yes hockey is a physical sport but I want to see emotions, not such artificial crap. Completely surreal, maybe fun to watch once when it was unexpected but over and over again is annoying. Come on, give it up and do those hits during the game.

Wasn't this one carry-over from the last game?

I believe that Dillon had asked Tootoo to dance at the end of Tootoo's shift and they never got to it.

That would make this unfinished business.

Regardless. I'd rather see a real fight than a staged one, but even a staged one is better than nothing as long as it's only occasional.

If nothing else, we got some nice energy from it.

Oh- and for the gals in the Hot Wings thread: Remember, ladies, I dibbsed him first.

Wasn't this one carry-over from the last game?

I believe that Dillon had asked Tootoo to dance at the end of Tootoo's shift and they never got to it.

That would make this unfinished business.

Regardless. I'd rather see a real fight than a staged one, but even a staged one is better than nothing as long as it's only occasional.

If nothing else, we got some nice energy from it.

Oh- and for the gals in the Hot Wings thread: Remember, ladies, I dibbsed him first.

Which I would agree with you if...He was the first fight. But the first fight was with Eric freaking wimp Nystrom......Was Eric trying get his face beat in or what. hahahaha

Which I would agree with you if...He was the first fight. But the first fight was with Eric freaking wimp Nystrom......Was Eric trying get his face beat in or what. hahahaha

The first fight was to set the tone, Tootoo said it himself. They were chirping at the circle and off they went. I'd rather have them set the tone right off the bat, rather than fight while in the offensive zone breaking a play up and delaying the game. If we want to set tones for fights, let's get it accomplished right from the start, full 60 minute effort. If anything, tootoo was sick and tired of the wings not starting on time and babs most likely smiled.

Oops. My bad.

Ummmmmmmmm....................... Nystrom is unfinished business for having the last five letters in his last name in common with two guys that just retired, both of whom Tootoo would have been honoured to play with.

Oops. My bad.

Ummmmmmmmm....................... Nystrom is unfinished business for having the last five letters in his last name in common with two guys that just retired, both of whom Tootoo would have been honoured to play with.

Can't believe that thought hadn't entered my mind yet...

...oh wait, yeah I can. :sly:

Ok, i agree with no lame whistles BUT i do think the Joe needs to come up with a song afer Tootoo has a fight. Songs are big at the Joe- remember when Dan Cleary used to actually score and they would play " I can see clearly now?' We need a 22 fight song! :music:

This is a long time favorite of mine, by, appropriately, Toots and the Maytals.

With the crowd at the Joe singing the chorus parts, there's a lot a DJ at the Joe could do with this tune aft a Tootoo fight or goal.

"Give it to me one time...UGH!,

GIve it to me two time...UGH, UGH"

The fourth line just needs to be called Toots and the Maytals.

I remember Jordin and his brother Terrence from their yonger days, when Jordin played for the Brandon Wheat Kings in the WHL. The Canadian news would do a segment on them , being the best hockey players to ever come out of Nunavat, and representing the small Inuit community. Together, they had hopes of someday being the first from Nunavat to play in the National Hockey League. (The Winetka brothers in "Mystery Alaska" were suppossed to be Inuit).

I remember being heart broken when Terrence committed suicide; I can only imagine how Toots must feel, living the dream that both of them had, they were so very close.

Go, Toots, Go.

Edited by T.Low

While I partially agree with this, I don't think it so much "staged" as it was a few stars wanted a little revenge for past behavior from toots and he knew that thats why they asked their respective coaches if they could get it over with at the start instead of interrupting the game a ruining a potential scoring opportunity. That's just my take on it, not a fact so don't get riled up about it :)

I agree. However, I do think it would be more effective for Toots to just grin at the guy on the openning face off and make the guy wonder during the entire game when the fight was gonna come down. Like Vladdy said, "Get him thinking about me instead of the game".

That's more my style,...but Toots is the one that made it to that NHL, not T.Low. :)

Edited by T.Low