• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
danglesnipecelly13

Knuble Good Fit For Wings?

Rate this topic

Don't see how Anderson could contribute more than Knuble. Anderson is getting tons of minutes in GR and is playing a scoring role. To have him come play 6-7 mins a game and get knocked around makes no sense to me. Knuble will make the team only b/c players are going to start dropping due to injuries. Solid 4th line big body we can plug into the lineup.

Another forward? With Eaves, Emmerton, Mursak, and Miller already forced out of the lineup, and Nyquist, Tatar, and Andersson pretty much ripe I don't think a Mike Knuble is the answer.

Signing him would leave us with a 25 man roster. Isn't the max 23?

Yes, the max is 23. We technically have 23 on the roster at the moment, Eaves in on long-term IR.

The chances of Knuble signing are slim. I read somewhere that he asked if he could join as a tryout and Holland obliged. It's probably just to put himself on the map for when teams may come looking for some forward depth when injuries pile up. Worked for Dan LaCouture when we invited him to camp in 2005(I think).

Ansar KHAAAAAAN!!! says that Knuble will sign a professional try out deal with Grand Rapids, in an attempt to get picked up by an NHL club.

Knuble will sign PTO with Grand Rapids, trying to catch onto NHL team.

Good move should be a good role model for the kids in Grand Rapids, just not enough room up front for Knuble, wish him luck on finding a team.

This, plus this is the type of team we are. We don't flip guys like trading cards, we take care of people and in turn players have a better opinion of us.

Could end up like the McCarty situation too. He shows he can play in GR, so we sign him to the big club at the trade deadline when the roster limit is lifted and get some veteran depth for down the stretch and the playoffs. I'm not opposed to that.

Mike Knuble has a home in GR and said he would be more than happy to sign with the Wings on a Two-way deal. Giving the Red Wings a veteran forward to help teach the boys in GR how to be an NHL player and to be NHL ready. He also gives us another option in this shortened season that will more than likely see a couple of our forwards injured b/c of the game every two/three days. Provides rest for our top forwards and coverage for injuries. I think this would be a fantastic signing my Kenny Holland.

Mike Knuble has a home in GR and said he would be more than happy to sign with the Wings on a Two-way deal. Giving the Red Wings a veteran forward to help teach the boys in GR how to be an NHL player and to be NHL ready. He also gives us another option in this shortened season that will more than likely see a couple of our forwards injured b/c of the game every two/three days. Provides rest for our top forwards and coverage for injuries. I think this would be a fantastic signing my Kenny Holland.

He actually said that he didn't want to sign a 2-way contract. When training camp first began he stated that he was open to thinking about it, but in the end he wanted to keep his options open. When signing the 25 game pro try out he can simply play those 25 games out, and then either re-sign another PTO or move on to bigger and better things. It's a good move by Knuble and classy move from the front office to give him that chance.