• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Regular Season Record Predictions!

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

I think the schedule is tough as hell, and we'll see a lot of injuries to depth guys like Bert, Sammy, Cleary... so Sheahan, Nyquist, Tatar will have to be ready to shoe in some production.

26-18-4, 56 points, clinch playoffs on last day of season, rested and injury free heading into playoffs

i'd agree that 62 points would be better than 7/8 seed as well.. not only is 106 points typically better than 7/8 (would have gotten us 4th last year), you also have to consider that all the games played are within the western conference too, making every point worth more in regards to the standings.

I predict the end of a playoff streak and a top 14 draft pick for the first time since (what feels like) 1845.

I think they'll be on the outside looking in as well. It's not so much the health of players like Cleary, The Todd, or Sammy that concerns me, it's whether or not Pavs & Howie stay healthy for the entire 48.

I think they'll be on the outside looking in as well. It's not so much the health of players like Cleary, The Todd, or Sammy that concerns me, it's whether or not Pavs & Howie stay healthy for the entire 48.

I think Zett/Pasha/Brunner and the other players that have been actually playing over the lockout have the least chance to get injured. Their bodies have been able to keep up with the intensity of the game, and it isn't such a rapid change. The rest of the teams, along with the rest of our roster that didn't play during the lockout will be the ones that we have to worry about due to their bodies having to go from 0-60. Howie could be very injury prone if he doesn't stretch prior to practices and games majorly. Could be a really scary situation due to neither of our goalies actually playing any real time, that and Howie even said yesterday that it was hard to track the puck and it's something that he's going to have to really work on before Saturday. Luckily, these are things that most goaltenders are going to have problems with in the first few games.

50-55 points should be enough to make the playoffs this year.

Kings finished 8th with 95pts last year ( 95/82 = 1.1585)

48 x 1.1585 = 55.6

So using that as an example 50 pts would be pushing it to make the playoffs and 56 would most likely do it.

Low to mid 60's is pushing for a division title I would think.

We will not lose in OT or a shootout all year. I'm going with 30-18..60 pts..4th in west

I will give them 32 wins. Yet they will have to fight tooth and nail to get a good seed in the playoffs, I just don't want to see them win 40 games and coast around the week or so and be flat in the playoffs...play hard, play hard, play hard...from start to finish. Hopefully it brings us #12!

Last year after 48 games we were 32-15-1 for 65 points, which led the league. Let's say that will be the league point leader this year as well, and our division is the hardest in the west, and we can assume 54 points gets you in 8th seed. We have a gap of virtually 1.4 points per playoff position. That means if we were to mess up one game that could be the difference between home ice and not, or making the playoffs or not. It will be so tight but I predict 28-13-7 for 63 points, first in division 2nd in conference, 4th in league

CAN I HAVE THE FRICKIN' LOTTERY NUMBERS NOW!???!!

You, NAILED this. +100 cool internetz points.

I think the schedule is tough as hell, and we'll see a lot of injuries to depth guys like Bert, Sammy, Cleary... so Sheahan, Nyquist, Tatar will have to be ready to shoe in some production.

26-18-4, 56 points, clinch playoffs on last day of season, rested and injury free heading into playoffs

Were you a wreck? Irishock nailed it.

God I hope not. I will be there and if it comes down to the wire I'll be a wreck.

Edited by FireCaptain

Guest irishock

:hysterical: Christ. Just hand me the bracket challenge and tickets to the Winter Classic already.

Edited by irishock

CAN I HAVE THE FRICKIN' LOTTERY NUMBERS NOW!???!!

You, NAILED this. +100 cool internetz points.

Your prediction of 25-15-8 was dangerously clots to their 24-16-8 finish. Too bad they scrapped the bed in that flames game, you would have been spot on!

Or maybe it was that kings game that the wings got robbed in with all those non-calls

Last year after 48 games we were 32-15-1 for 65 points, which led the league. Let's say that will be the league point leader this year as well, and our division is the hardest in the west, and we can assume 54 points gets you in 8th seed.

So, we were better this year than we were in the first 48 last year???? That makes me happy

Edit: nevermind I'm stupid. We got 56 not 66...

Edited by wingsfan4795