• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Last year after 48 games we were 32-15-1 for 65 points, which led the league. Let's say that will be the league point leader this year as well, and our division is the hardest in the west, and we can assume 54 points gets you in 8th seed. We have a gap of virtually 1.4 points per playoff position. That means if we were to mess up one game that could be the difference between home ice and not, or making the playoffs or not. It will be so tight but I predict 28-13-7 for 63 points, first in division 2nd in conference, 4th in league

#22 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

I am not sensing a free-fall like many in the media are calling for. If the Wings stay healthy, they will finish somewhere in the top 4 in the West. 

#23 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

Whaddya mean I can't beat BOSTON?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

CAN I HAVE THE FRICKIN' LOTTERY NUMBERS NOW!???!!

You, NAILED this. +100 cool internetz points.

I think the schedule is tough as hell, and we'll see a lot of injuries to depth guys like Bert, Sammy, Cleary... so Sheahan, Nyquist, Tatar will have to be ready to shoe in some production.

26-18-4, 56 points, clinch playoffs on last day of seasonrested and injury free heading into playoffs

Were you a wreck? Irishock nailed it. 

God I hope not.  I will be there and if it comes down to the wire I'll be a wreck.

Edited by FireCaptain, 29 April 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#24 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

:hysterical: Christ. Just hand me the bracket challenge and tickets to the Winter Classic already.

Edited by irishock, 29 April 2013 - 11:19 PM.

bringit.jpg

#25 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

CAN I HAVE THE FRICKIN' LOTTERY NUMBERS NOW!???!!

You, NAILED this. +100 cool internetz points.

Your prediction of 25-15-8 was dangerously clots to their 24-16-8 finish. Too bad they scrapped the bed in that flames game, you would have been spot on!
Or maybe it was that kings game that the wings got robbed in with all those non-calls

Last year after 48 games we were 32-15-1 for 65 points, which led the league. Let's say that will be the league point leader this year as well, and our division is the hardest in the west, and we can assume 54 points gets you in 8th seed.

So, we were better this year than we were in the first 48 last year???? That makes me happy

Edit: nevermind I'm stupid. We got 56 not 66...

Edited by wingsfan4795, 29 April 2013 - 11:53 PM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#26 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

Whaddya mean I can't beat BOSTON?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

That was my second prediction - the first was like 68 points.. haha 

Your prediction of 25-15-8 was dangerously clots to their 24-16-8 finish. Too bad they scrapped the bed in that flames game, you would have been spot on!
Or maybe it was that kings game that the wings got robbed in with all those non-calls

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#27 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

It's scary how close some of you guys were.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#28 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

That was my second prediction - the first was like 68 points.. haha 

I suppose its never bad to be optimistic haha

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#29 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

:hysterical: Christ. Just hand me the bracket challenge and tickets to the Winter Classic already.

Awesome predicting! I too would like some lottery numbers, and if I win I will send you a cut! PLUS Red Wings season tickets!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#30 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Were you a wreck? Irishock nailed it. 

Absolutely was.  Nervous anxiety all day and almost threw up before going to the game.  I can say though, it was one amazing night and I loved every minute of it!

On that note, yalls predictions were crazy close.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30