• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingNation43

Wade Redden

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

This guy is done. Dont need other team's TRASH at any price. Sammy and Tootoo already enough Trash. How many of us want to see Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, Andersson, Kindl, Ouelette, etc. develop instead of Bertuzzi, Sammy, Tootoo, Redden, Cleary, etc. suck? The saying is not "out with the new, in with the old". Should Nyquist be bumping Franzen or Helm out of playing time? Hell no. Bertuzzi and Samuelsson? Absolutely. No need for Trash. At any price.

I'm not advocating signing him, but we all know how the Wings management likes to take on players looking for redemption. Redden is the "redemption case" poster child, and Kenny would be more likely to sign a UFA than make a big trade...

I'm going to agree with the majority here and say no, I think are defensive core isn't as bad as people are making it out to be but I know a lot of people hate on Kindl on the forums so do you replace Kindl with Redden and that moves gives us a more solid D? tough to say

^We haven't even see Tootoo play yet and he's already trash?

I wouldn't go as far as calling Redden another teams trash. He was being paid to be a top pair guy but was playing more like a 3rd pair guy. He got put in a sticky situation and had to be barried in the minors so NYR could pay someone else that cap space. He'll probably make it as a #6/7 dman on another team. Red Wings however, don't have the space. Pass.

Guest Crymson

Not a chance. Redden can't even maintain a top-pairing role in the AHL. He's vastly past his prime. Why on earth would we want him here? Besides, we don't need another puck-mover.

While I used to jump to Sammy's defense before he went to Van, I can not argue with the fact seeing Nyquist over Bert or Sammy is a no-brainer!

I wasn't happy when I first heard Sammy would essentially be taking Nyquist's spot. But, if you think about it...Zetterberg, Datsuk, Brunner, Nyquist, Filppula...kinda samey, no?

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crymson" data-cid="2340634" data-time="1358362860"><p>

Not a chance. Redden can't even maintain a top-pairing role in the AHL. He's vastly past his prime. Why on earth would we want him here? Besides, we don't need another puck-mover.</p></blockquote>

Agreed. And Lids isnt here to revitalize the Modern Day Murphys any more. He would be Commodore part 2 = waste of money.

As others have said, Redden makes a logjam at the 6/7 D position, with Colaiacovo, Kindl and Redden all trying to crack the final spot in the lineup.

Based on the pairings used in recent practices...

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - Smith

Colaicovo/Kindl/Redden - White.

While it's nice to have competition to crack the lineup, that might be a little much. But, if they are intent on pursuing him, please let it be for only 1 year.

Guest Crymson
As others have said, Redden makes a logjam at the 6/7 D position, with Colaiacovo, Kindl and Redden all trying to crack the final spot in the lineup.

Based on the pairings used in recent practices...

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - Smith

Colaicovo/Kindl/Redden - White.

While it's nice to have competition to crack the lineup, that might be a little much. But, if they are intent on pursuing him, please let it be for only 1 year.

The article says only that he will be an option, not that the Wings are actually considering him.

I wasn't happy when I first heard Sammy would essentially be taking Nyquist's spot. But, if you think about it...Zetterberg, Datsuk, Brunner, Nyquist, Filppula...kinda samey, no?

Yeah they all deserve top 6 minutes. (EDIT:Meant that some what sarcastically)

But what difference does Sammy make? He shoots a lot and plays decent D.

I do imagine though that groin injuries will play a major role in this season. So I see him playing around 15-20 games for the Wings, being the first call up.

Edited by Opie

This guy is done. Dont need other team's TRASH at any price. Sammy and Tootoo already enough Trash. How many of us want to see Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, Andersson, Kindl, Ouelette, etc. develop instead of Bertuzzi, Sammy, Tootoo, Redden, Cleary, etc. suck? The saying is not "out with the new, in with the old". Should Nyquist be bumping Franzen or Helm out of playing time? Hell no. Bertuzzi and Samuelsson? Absolutely. No need for Trash. At any price.

If Tootoo can keep his head on straight which would've been clearly part of Holland's negotiation with him he is going to bring an element to this team that is missing. Helm can have game changing shifts with his speed and forecheck but Tootoo will be able to change the momentum of a game with big hits and some sandpaper. Everyone always bitched we haven't employed enough guys like Tootoo around here and now we get one and he's garbage before he's even played a game with us? And like i've said before..better to play with him then against him 6 times a year.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="puckbags" data-cid="2340643" data-time="1358363383"><p>

If Tootoo can keep his head on straight which would've been clearly part of Holland's negotiation with him he is going to bring an element to this team that is missing. Helm can have game changing shifts with his speed and forecheck but Tootoo will be able to change the momentum of a game with big hits and some sandpaper. Everyone always bitched we haven't employed enough guys like Tootoo around here and now we get one and he's garbage before he's even played a game with us? And like i've said before..better to play with him then against him 6 times a year.</p></blockquote>

Tootoo is Not Drake. Nor is he Kocur. He's a cheapshot artist. Like Marchment or Cooke. Dont need that at all. We need some helmet cracking knuckles and FAIR hits at speed.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="puckbags" data-cid="2340643" data-time="1358363383"><p>

If Tootoo can keep his head on straight which would've been clearly part of Holland's negotiation with him he is going to bring an element to this team that is missing. Helm can have game changing shifts with his speed and forecheck but Tootoo will be able to change the momentum of a game with big hits and some sandpaper. Everyone always bitched we haven't employed enough guys like Tootoo around here and now we get one and he's garbage before he's even played a game with us? And like i've said before..better to play with him then against him 6 times a year.</p></blockquote>

Tootoo is Not Drake. Nor is he Kocur. He's a cheapshot artist. Like Marchment or Cooke. Dont need that at all. We need some helmet cracking knuckles and FAIR hits at speed.

Tootoo will provide both.

The guy's been a Predator his whole career. Suppose he spent his career thus far in Detroit. Do you think he'd have the same reputation? Odds are (I say) he wouldn't. But then, you think Emmerton's the Second Coming, so...I dunno. :hehe:

As for Redden - Will Holland sign him? Probably not. I don't think it's totally outside the realm of possibility, though. Would't surprise me, tbh.

I also doubt Redden would sign with the Red Wings. He probably wants to go to a team where he knows he'll have the best shot at being on their NHL roster. I don't think Holland would risk having to waive someone on the team already to make room for a 35YO gamble. I will however bet that Holland wouldn't hesitate to take this gamble had we not signed Colaiacovo. Redden perfectly fits Hollands favored soft one dimensional veteran dman mold.

What we really need is some experienced depth on D for GR. We're missing someone like Doug Janik that can come up if injuries pile up. Brian Lashoff is our #8 guy right now, and after that it's looking pretty thin.

Edited by DSM

Normally I would say no to this. But the fact that Colo is injury prone and Kindl has proved year after year he shouldn't be in the nhl, we need a third line dman to replace any injuries, our defensive coore really isn't that bad, but it is stretched thin, with only kindl to provide relief to any fatigued players, which again I do not like. I say sign him to a 2-way deal worth 800,000

Just a little more difficult taking on reclamation projects like this in a salary cap world & in a shortened season to boot. Plus you don't have Lids back there to make his d-partner look like a potential all-star. Pass...

I agree with the shortened season part 100%, not as much with the salary cap part.

We could actually see more reclamation projects with the new CBA. Lets take Redden for an example. Lets imagine tt's a full season and Holland signs him up on a 1 year 2-way deal for $750k/$200k a year. Lets say he comes to camp and looks decent but not enough to unseat the seven other dmen. He can be waived, and if he passes go to GR. The difference now, is that the new CBA got rid of re-entry waivers, so we don't have to bury him in GR knowing that if we recall him and he gets claimed we lose him and have to add a $375k cap hit. Basically eliminating what happened to Meech in his last year with the organization. We had to send him to GR and leave him there since we would lose him on waivers and cough up half his salary against the cap if we tried to recall him.

Even though these reclaimation projects might not work out, they'll give teams more useable experienced depth for the farm.