• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingNation43

Wade Redden

Rate this topic

Bob McKenzie says that Redden's going West, and that most of the speculation is centered around St. Louis...

Eastern Conference team interested in UFA Wade Redden was told he's going to West. All the speculation is on STL. Decision expected soon.

LAK were another Western team interested in Redden as well.

He won a lot less than he did with the Wings. He really didn't do much better with those teams than any of the other goalies on the team. That's why I've always seen Osgood as a guy who benefited a lot from his team. You can say the same thing about most goalies though.

No he didn't. In two of the three seasons he was with another team he had over 30 wins. In the other he had 21 (so one bad season, although he was traded in the middle of it, which screws with a goalie). Additionally, his goals against, and save percentage were either as good, or better, than most of his years with the Wings.

Another misrepresented "fact" which unfairly diminishes just how good Ossie really was.

And it's official. St. Louis, per the Blues' official Twitter feed.

The Blues have agreed to a deal in principle with defenseman Wade Redden. http://bit.ly/11EIqDW

And McKenzie provides some details...

Well, there it is. Wade Redden a STL Blue. Hearing 1 year deal, $800K base salary with GP bonuses that could make it $1M total.

Drat! Jedi beat me to it!

Must be faster, grasshopper!

Low risk deal for a guy who will play on their 3rd d pair. I would have given him that kind of money for sure.

Low risk deal, for sure. That said, I don't think we needed the 3 way logjam at the 6/7 D spot that Redden would have created.

Ozzy regualar season stats...

First run w/ Detroit 1993-2001:

GAA=2.40 Sv%=.908 Avg GP/yr=53 (minus the shortened 94-95 season)

Best year 1997-98= 64 GP 33W 20L 11T GAA 2.21 Sv% .913 (Won 1 more game in 98-99 with higher GAA & Sv%)

NYI/StL 2001-2004:

GAA=2.51 Sv%=.905 Avg GP/yr=60

Best year 2003-04 StL= 67GP 31W 25L 8T GAA 2.24 Sv% .91

Second Detroit run 2005-2011:

GAA=2.68 Sv%=.898 Avg GP/yr=29

Best year 2007-08= 43GP 26W 9L 4OTL GAA 2.09 Sv% .914

Looks like fairly consistent numbers performance-wise for Ozzy between his first stint on the Wings to the jump to the Islanders & Blues for a few years when you start to break it down. If anything, the additional workload might account for the slight differences in numbers more than the team in front of him. That's why the whole "The Wings just made Ozzy look good" argument hasn't held much water to me over the years. Was it maybe responsible for a win or two during a given year? Maybe, but from an individual performance standpoint between pre-lockout Detroit Ozzy & pre-lockout NYI/StL Ozzy, there wasn't that big of a difference.

Record with DET - 317-149-75 - .655 win%

Record with others - 84-67-20 - .550 win%

My argument has never been with the Wings making him "look good" my argument has always been with people that look at his all-time wins being over 400 and suggesting he must have been one of the best. I don't think there were many people out there that thought he was one of the best in the league throughout the years, but now you look and all the wins just seemed to add up. I'm not sure how you can't assume a lot of that isn't due to the team he played for. It's not like they had a drop-off without him.

The other thing I looked at (very high level) was that the other goalies on the other teams he played with did not have signficantly different records than him.

Guys, remember, that this is a thread about Wade Redden, not Chris Osgood. Keep it on topic please.

McKenzie's saying that Redden won't be ready for the season opener vs. the Wings.

STL not sure when Redden will play in a game but it won't be in the season opener vs DET.

Guys, remember, that this is a thread about Wade Redden, not Chris Osgood. Keep it on topic please.

McKenzie's saying that Redden won't be ready for the season opener vs. the Wings.

Well thats great news..we won't get burned by an overpaid plug who's been playing in the AHL lol