• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Congrats, John

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

From last pick at forward position, to scratch at D, to lost 6th pairing D, to decent pker 4th position D, to fairly paid 3rd D, to decent top 2 D man. All the while taking a beating from fans for not being Jiri Fischer. Ive thrown as many remotes through drywall as the next guy watching this guy's blunders over the last 5 years, but I gotta give him his props now. Well done, big rig.

I hated him 2 years ago, but the last 2/3 of the season last year he was much better. I even found him more reliable than Stuart

Same here. While Stuart was mentally checking out of Detroit around late Nov early Dec, E was stepping up and being the solid guy we needed. He was huge.

Didn't notice him much last year which is a good thing, usually when you did notice him in the past he was turning the puck over. Hopefully he can provide a solid shutdown role this year, while providing the odd offensive burst.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="F.Michael" data-cid="2340685" data-time="1358367091"><p>

$5 says in 6 to 8 weeks from now you'll be singing a different tune.<br />

<br />

He's nothing special.</p></blockquote>

You might be right on the first part. Youre dead wrong on the last. How many last picks have ended up playing as a top 2 dman at any point? I bet big rig is the only last pick ever to even play in the NHL. He's definitely special.

Guest Crymson
I too would like to congratulate John, without his steadfast leadership in the face of inevitable destruction, we never would've survived judgement day and defeated the machi-

....s***, wrong John.

My mission is to protect you.

Trust me.

Guest Crymson
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="F.Michael" data-cid="2340685" data-time="1358367091"><p>

You might be right on the first part. Youre dead wrong on the last. How many last picks have ended up playing as a top 2 dman at any point? I bet big rig is the only last pick ever to even play in the NHL. He's definitely special.

Five of the last-overall picks of the past 20 drafts (dating back to 1993) have played in the NHL. Three of them---Ericsson, Patric Hornqvist, and Kim Jonsson---have become regulars in the league.

I'm for Big Rig's success as much as anyone, but unless he tunes into his 2009 playoffs self, I'm not expecting a Norris-caliber year.

He made constant mistakes in the 2009 playoffs. Anyway, I'm not expecting a Norris-quality season either. Who would?

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Euro_Twins" data-cid="2341007" data-time="1358454580"><p>

<br />

right with you... now 2010/2011 Ericsson > no one lol</p></blockquote>

Not even Lebda?

Johnathan Ericsson, behind door number two is pavel, wanna know who he is?

Sarcasm detected and appreciated :) I had never seen Ericsson referred to as "John" or the correct "Jon", only referred to as Big Rig or Pylon (just joking). And, just because I'm curious, who is this "Pavel" you speak of?

Sarcasm detected and appreciated :) I had never seen Ericsson referred to as "John" or the correct "Jon", only referred to as Big Rig or Pylon (just joking). And, just because I'm curious, who is this "Pavel" you speak of?

The water boy