• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Teams Must Comply with 23man Roster Limit by Tomorrow

Rate this topic

just curious, why is nyquist not going to start? He is better than emmerton!

Because he can still go to GR without waived. Emmerton can't be demoted without being waived and he would most likely be claimed which would subtract some of the depth we have up front. I'm guessing Holland and company think Nyquist is better served logging 1st line minutes in GR than playing on the 3rd line for the big club.

Hmmm. Acording to Mlive it's going to Helm on IR now instead of Eaves.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/team/1358517705-963-616/red-wings-patrick-eaves-cleared.html

Because he can still go to GR without waived. Emmerton can't be demoted without being waived and he would most likely be claimed which would subtract some of the depth we have up front. I'm guessing Holland and company think Nyquist is better served logging 1st line minutes in GR than playing on the 3rd line for the big club.

Hmmm. Acording to Mlive it's going to Helm on IR now instead of Eaves.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/team/1358517705-963-616/red-wings-patrick-eaves-cleared.html

And that's because Eaves was just cleared to play finally this morning. Putting Helm on short-term IR, probably until next Friday, allows the Wings to delay making a roster move which more than likely means a trade or trying to sneak Emmerton or Mursak to GR on waivers.

And that's because Eaves was just cleared to play finally this morning. Putting Helm on short-term IR, probably until next Friday, allows the Wings to delay making a roster move which more than likely means a trade or trying to sneak Emmerton or Mursak to GR on waivers.

Yep. Clock's ticking for Emmerton or Mursak.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ogreslayer" data-cid="2341209" data-time="1358526124"><p>

No, both became waiver eligible last season.</p></blockquote>

Oh alright, thanks. How does that work though? I thought he was on a 2-way contract..? Or is it an age thing?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ogreslayer" data-cid="2341209" data-time="1358526124"><p>

No, both became waiver eligible last season.</p></blockquote>

Oh alright, thanks. How does that work though? I thought he was on a 2-way contract..? Or is it an age thing?

It all depends on the age the player was when they signed their entry level contract & the number of games they play in the NHL while they're waiver exempt. 2-way contracts don't impact waiver eligibility at all. All 2-ways do is differentiate the dollars a player is paid while they're in the NHL vs. the lower salary they would get if sent to the AHL.

It all depends on the age the player was when they signed their entry level contract & the number of games they play in the NHL while they're waiver exempt. 2-way contracts don't impact waiver eligibility at all. All 2-ways do is differentiate the dollars a player is paid while they're in the NHL vs. the lower salary they would get if sent to the AHL.

ohh alright, thanks for clarifying.

really hope a deal is around the corner.. i'd hate to lose either of them for nothing; even though i'm not the biggest fan of cemmer

I'm not getting into a panic if Emmerton or Mursak have to clear waivers.

I see Bob McKenzie just tweeted Tim Connolly just cleared.

Not that I'd lose sleep over it, but I doubt Mursak or Emmerton would clear. Mursak is a good 4th liner on a lot of teams, and Emmerton could be a good 3rd line center for some teams. They're also both young and still have some potential. I'm sure lots of teams would grab them for free.

The reason Connolly cleared is because he has a huge $4.75 million cap hit and only mustered 13 goals and 36 points for the Leafs last year. The fact that he is also about as durable as a saltine cracker probably has something to do with it as well.

Edited by DSM

Clearly Emmerton and Mursak wouldn't get us the d man we could potentially use up front, I just hope when it gets to crunch time Kenny tries to trade 1 or both of them for a pick/picks instead of losing them altogether.

Clearly Emmerton and Mursak wouldn't get us the d man we could potentially use up front, I just hope when it gets to crunch time Kenny tries to trade 1 or both of them for a pick/picks instead of losing them altogether.

We'll see. I'm sure it's not easy when teams know that you're going to have to waive them anyway if you can't find a deal. Mid-draft picks or some sort of organizational depth is all you can really hope for.

We'll see. I'm sure it's not easy when teams know that you're going to have to waive them anyway if you can't find a deal. Mid-draft picks or some sort of organizational depth is all you can really hope for.

Yea agreed, definitely lose some of your bargaining power. Can someone explain to me the waiver process with Nyquist. How many games can he play in the NHL before he has to clear waivers?

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="DSM" data-cid="2341305" data-time="1358540431"><p>

<a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_salary_cap#Exemptions_from_regular_waivers_only'>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_salary_cap#Exemptions_from_regular_waivers_only</a><br />

<br />

Nyquist would have to play 62 or more games this season to have to hit waivers, which would be impossible anyway. Otherwise, next season is his last season of waiver exemption.<br />

<br />

IIRC, This season is Tatar and Anderssons last waiver exepmt season.</p></blockquote>

Andersson will be a Wing. Tatar wont.

Trade Emmy and Mursak a soon as possible...the Wings have injury depth in GR that can more than fill in (Andersson, Nyquist, Sproul, Ouellet, Mrazek.) They can afford to trade Emmy and Mursak and get a couple mid round picks in return.

I too wish Holland would call the Iles about Visnovsky. Although that would bump Kindl out and would make Cola the 7th guy...oh well, nothing personal, just business. How about Kindl, Mursak & Emmy of Visnovsky + pick?

edit: Buffalo waived Pardy? I thought they brought him and Ott in to add toughness to the team?

Edited by LeftWinger

Trade Emmy and Mursak a soon as possible...the Wings have injury depth in GR that can more than fill in (Andersson, Nyquist, Sproul, Ouellet, Mrazek.) They can afford to trade Emmy and Mursak and get a couple mid round picks in return.

I too wish Holland would call the Iles about Visnovsky. Although that would bump Kindl out and would make Cola the 7th guy...oh well, nothing personal, just business. How about Kindl, Mursak & Emmy of Visnovsky + pick?

edit: Buffalo waived Pardy? I thought they brought him and Ott in to add toughness to the team?

Yea, I don't think the Islanders would trade one of there better players for guys that would normally be keeping Detrot's press box seats warm.

I don't agree with trading both Emmerton and Mursak, you can't always recall someone. Sometimes players tweak stuff in the morning skate or pregame warmup and you don't have time to fly someone from the GR in. That's where carrying a couple extra guys on the roster comes in handy.

Obviously one of them is going to need to be moved, but we'll still have a spot for the other one.

Andersson will be a Wing. Tatar wont.

I can actually see that. Although if they have a spot open, I can see them giving him the same treatment Hudler got when he was out of minor league options.

I agree about Andersson 100% though. Babcock loves the guy.

Edited by DSM