• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Teams Must Comply with 23man Roster Limit by Tomorrow

Rate this topic

That means the waiver process needs to start today for teams that want to be compliant by tomorrow.

The Wings are sitting at 25 men on their roster. Eaves may well be put on LTIR but Sammy and Helm won't. I wonder if they'll put Coli on LTIR...

What do you guys think?

That means the waiver process needs to start today for teams that want to be compliant by tomorrow.

The Wings are sitting at 25 men on their roster. Eaves may well be put on LTIR but Sammy and Helm won't. I wonder if they'll put Coli on LTIR...

What do you guys think?

Our Roster is at 23. If you looked at capgeek to get those numbers than you didn't look hard. Holmstrom is retiring officially today or tomorrow. Nyquist is starting in GR, that leaves us with 14 forwards, and 7 dmen, and 2 goalies = 23

Just to be sure:

Forwards

1. Datsyuk

2. Zetterberg

3. Filppula

4. Franzen

5. Brunner

6. Samuelsson

7. Bertuzzi

8. Cleary

9. Helm

10. Tootoo

11. Abdelkader

12. Miller

13. Mursak

14. Emmerton

LTIR - Eaves

Defense

1. Kronwall

2. Ericsson

3. Smith

4. White

5. Colaiacovo

6. Quincey

7. Kindl

Goaltenders

1. Howard

2. Gustavsson

??- MacDonald

Looks like it's at 24. Colaiacovo just has a nagging shoulder strain, shouldn't be out long term. The only person that needs to be waived is McDonald, but from what I've heard he is still having back problems from last year and will probably start on IR.

Edited by DSM

Just to be sure:

Forwards

1. Datsyuk

2. Zetterberg

3. Filppula

4. Franzen

5. Brunner

6. Samuelsson

7. Bertuzzi

8. Cleary

9. Helm

10. Tootoo

11. Abdelkader

12. Miller

13. Mursak

14. Emmerton

LTIR - Eaves

Defense

1. Kronwall

2. Ericsson

3. Smith

4. White

5. Colaiacovo

6. Quincey

7. Kindl

Goaltenders

1. Howard

2. Gustavsson

??- MacDonald

Looks like it's at 24. Colaiacovo just has a nagging shoulder strain, shouldn't be out long term. The only person that needs to be waived is McDonald, but from what I've heard he is still having back problems from last year and will probably start on IR.

Where are you getting MacDonald from? He is on GR and does not affect our roster. Also don't be surprised if Mursak gets put on waivers and shipped to GR when Eaves is off LTIR

McDonald hasn't been in GR... Mrazek and McCollum have been playing in goal for GR. MacDonald is still part of the Red Wings on a 1-way deal for $550k and will either need to be waived, traded or placed on IR depending on his status.

As far as who gets waived, my money is on Emmerton. Mursak has far more to offer the 3rd/4th lines that he and Emmerton will be fighting for playing time on.

Edited by DSM

Our Roster is at 23. If you looked at capgeek to get those numbers than you didn't look hard. Holmstrom is retiring officially today or tomorrow. Nyquist is starting in GR, that leaves us with 14 forwards, and 7 dmen, and 2 goalies = 23

:D Good point. I didn't notice that Capgeek was counting Holmstrom and Nyquist against the roster limit at the moment. My mistake.

Still-- there are other teams that will be demoting/waiving.

McDonald hasn't been in GR... Mrazek and McCollum have been playing in goal for GR. MacDonald is still part of the Red Wings on a 1-way deal for $550k and will either need to be waived, traded or placed on IR depending on his status.

As far as who gets waived, my money is on Emmerton. Mursak has far more to offer the 3rd/4th lines that he and Emmerton will be fighting for playing time on.

you're right about him not playing on gr, but as being part of our roster you are mistaken. He is not on our roster atm

Update:

The rumour is that the Leafs will waive Connolly today (source: Darren Dreger)

Edit:

The Leafs beat reporters have all jumped on this, with one actually saying he can confirm that they will indeed waive Connolly at noon today.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

you're right about him not playing on gr, but as being part of our roster you are mistaken. He is not on our roster atm

He must already be on IR or there's something we don't know about, because his is still under contract to the Red Wings for this season.

Here's an update on the waiver wire so far (credit to Bob McKenzie's twitter):

Angelidis, Wyman, Wilson, Taormina (TB).

Cannone (OTT).

Chorney (STL).

Tardif (BOS).

Van Der Gulik (COL).

Holden (CBJ).

Connolly (TOR).

Joslin, Gordon (VAN).

Wallace (CAR).

Bodnarchuk (LAK).

N Palimieri, Dowell, Veilleux (MIN).

Blunden, St. Denis (MTL).

Byron, Carson, Irving, Karlsson (CGY).

Connor, C Johnson, N Johnson, Klinkhammer, Rechlicz (PHX).

Elkins (ANA).

Yonkman, Wright, Caruso (FLA).

Pelech, McCarthy, Kearns (SJ).

Plante, Byers, House (EDM).

Porter, Tarnasky, Pardy (BUF).

Smith, Holzapfel, Peters, Reese, Grant, Phil Dupuis, Strait, Ferriero (PIT).

Anderson, Frazee, Leach, Sestito, Wiseman, Zalewski (NJD)

Santorelli (FLA)

Edited by Drake_Marcus

McDonald IS on the roster, and will start the season on IR. Unless Holland can work a trade to get him on another team, he'll be waived and sent to GR if he clears. However, if Howard or Gustavsson are injured when MacDonald is healthy, Mac will stay on the big club until the injured goalie is healthy.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/01/red_wings_goalie_joey_macdonal_2.html

I actually hope he gets healthy and sticks around. Even though he doesn't want to play 3rd fiddle and go to GR, he'll give the team solid depth in goal down the stretch and into the playoffs.

McDonald IS on the roster, and will start the season on IR. Unless Holland can work a trade to get him on another team, he'll be waived and sent to GR if he clears. However, if Howard or Gustavsson are injured when MacDonald is healthy, Mac will stay on the big club until the injured goalie is healthy.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/01/red_wings_goalie_joey_macdonal_2.html

I actually hope he gets healthy and sticks around. Even though he doesn't want to play 3rd fiddle and go to GR, he'll give the team solid depth in goal down the stretch and into the playoffs.

We always have Mrazek if need be

We always have Mrazek if need be

Sounds like he's looked good in GR this year too. However, I would rather he pile up time in the AHL net than have to ride the pine in the NHL if Howard or Gustavsson go down. Joey Mac is certainly no stranger to pine sitting.

Sounds like he's looked good in GR this year too. However, I would rather he pile up time in the AHL net than have to ride the pine in the NHL if Howard or Gustavsson go down. Joey Mac is certainly no stranger to pine sitting.

I know that, and if jimmy gets injured again or monster does, Mac gets the call up. However if Mac is traded or lost on waivers, Mrazek should be up in case of injury

For a split second I read dupuis and thought pascal dupuis.. That'd be one good waiver pick up haha

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rrasco" data-cid="2340995" data-time="1358453882"><p>

Poor Conner. I always liked what I saw out of that kid.</p></blockquote>

I'd second this also. My friends dad is friends with his dad so I was always rooting for him..