• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Poor Conner.  I always liked what I saw out of that kid.

me too....he had hustle and liked to create chaos.

can you imagine... conner, helm and tootoo together.

wow...buzz saw line.

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#22 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

A little silly but: I was at the open practice tonight at Joe Louis and didn't notice Knuble out there, was he cut? 

#23 PaZel

PaZel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

I was at the practice tonight too, Knuble was definitely there. He looked decent...scored on Gustavsson a lot.

"I didn't know the draft was in alphabetical order." - Henrik Zetterberg

#24 RedWingsExpert1988

RedWingsExpert1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

just curious, why is nyquist not going to start? He is better than emmerton!

#25 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

And here supposedly is the official roster to start the season:

http://www.freep.com...roit Red Wings)

#26 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

just curious, why is nyquist not going to start? He is better than emmerton!

Because he can still go to GR without waived. Emmerton can't be demoted without being waived and he would most likely be claimed which would subtract some of the depth we have up front. I'm guessing Holland and company think Nyquist is better served logging 1st line minutes in GR than playing on the 3rd line for the big club.

And here supposedly is the official roster to start the season:

http://www.freep.com...roit Red Wings)

Hmmm. Acording to Mlive it's going to Helm on IR now instead of Eaves.

http://www.mlive.com...es-cleared.html

#27 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Because he can still go to GR without waived. Emmerton can't be demoted without being waived and he would most likely be claimed which would subtract some of the depth we have up front. I'm guessing Holland and company think Nyquist is better served logging 1st line minutes in GR than playing on the 3rd line for the big club.

Hmmm. Acording to Mlive it's going to Helm on IR now instead of Eaves.

http://www.mlive.com...es-cleared.html

And that's because Eaves was just cleared to play finally this morning.  Putting Helm on short-term IR, probably until next Friday, allows the Wings to delay making a roster move which more than likely means a trade or trying to sneak Emmerton or Mursak to GR on waivers.  

#28 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

And that's because Eaves was just cleared to play finally this morning.  Putting Helm on short-term IR, probably until next Friday, allows the Wings to delay making a roster move which more than likely means a trade or trying to sneak Emmerton or Mursak to GR on waivers.  

Yep. Clock's ticking for Emmerton or Mursak.

#29 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Can Mursak be sent down without being waived or no? I thought he could but I could be wrong..?

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#30 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Can Mursak be sent down without being waived or no? I thought he could but I could be wrong..?

No, both became waiver eligible last season.

#31 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ogreslayer" data-cid="2341209" data-time="1358526124"><p>
No, both became waiver eligible last season.</p></blockquote>

Oh alright, thanks. How does that work though? I thought he was on a 2-way contract..? Or is it an age thing?

Datsyukian

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#32 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ogreslayer" data-cid="2341209" data-time="1358526124"><p>
No, both became waiver eligible last season.</p></blockquote>

Oh alright, thanks. How does that work though? I thought he was on a 2-way contract..? Or is it an age thing?

It all depends on the age the player was when they signed their entry level contract & the number of games they play in the NHL while they're waiver exempt.  2-way contracts don't impact waiver eligibility at all.  All 2-ways do is differentiate the dollars a player is paid while they're in the NHL vs. the lower salary they would get if sent to the AHL.

#33 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I wonder if Emmerton or Mursak like Long Island this time of year?

#34 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I wonder if Emmerton or Mursak like Long Island this time of year?

With Visnovsky officially suspended by the Islanders now, wonder if Kenny will kick the tires a little harder.

#35 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

It all depends on the age the player was when they signed their entry level contract & the number of games they play in the NHL while they're waiver exempt.  2-way contracts don't impact waiver eligibility at all.  All 2-ways do is differentiate the dollars a player is paid while they're in the NHL vs. the lower salary they would get if sent to the AHL.

ohh alright, thanks for clarifying. 

really hope a deal is around the corner.. i'd hate to lose either of them for nothing; even though i'm not the biggest fan of cemmer 

Datsyukian

adjective

#36 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

I'm not getting into a panic if Emmerton or Mursak have to clear waivers.

I see Bob McKenzie just tweeted Tim Connolly just cleared.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 18 January 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#37 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'm not getting into a panic if Emmerton or Mursak have to clear waivers.

I see Bob McKenzie just tweeted Tim Connolly just cleared.

Not that I'd lose sleep over it, but I doubt Mursak or Emmerton would clear. Mursak is a good 4th liner on a lot of teams, and Emmerton could be a good 3rd line center for some teams. They're also both young and still have some potential. I'm sure lots of teams would grab them for free.

The reason Connolly cleared is because he has a huge $4.75 million cap hit and only mustered 13 goals and 36 points for the Leafs last year. The fact that he is also about as durable as a saltine cracker probably has something to do with it as well.

Edited by DSM, 18 January 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#38 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Clearly Emmerton and Mursak wouldn't get us the d man we could potentially use up front, I just hope when it gets to crunch time Kenny tries to trade 1 or both of them for a pick/picks instead of losing them altogether.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#39 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Clearly Emmerton and Mursak wouldn't get us the d man we could potentially use up front, I just hope when it gets to crunch time Kenny tries to trade 1 or both of them for a pick/picks instead of losing them altogether.

We'll see. I'm sure it's not easy when teams know that you're going to have to waive them anyway if you can't find a deal. Mid-draft picks or some sort of organizational depth is all you can really hope for.

#40 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

We'll see. I'm sure it's not easy when teams know that you're going to have to waive them anyway if you can't find a deal. Mid-draft picks or some sort of organizational depth is all you can really hope for.

Yea agreed, definitely lose some of your bargaining power.  Can someone explain to me the waiver process with Nyquist.  How many games can he play in the NHL before he has to clear waivers?

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!