43 replies to this topic

#41 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

http://en.wikipedia....ar_waivers_only

Nyquist would have to play 62 or more games this season to have to hit waivers, which would be impossible anyway. Otherwise, next season is his last season of waiver exemption.

IIRC, This season is Tatar and Anderssons last waiver exepmt season.

#42 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="DSM" data-cid="2341305" data-time="1358540431"><p>
<a href='http://en.wikipedia....ar_waivers_only'>http://en.wikipedia....ar_waivers_only</a><br />
<br />
Nyquist would have to play 62 or more games this season to have to hit waivers, which would be impossible anyway. Otherwise, next season is his last season of waiver exemption.<br />
<br />
IIRC, This season is Tatar and Anderssons last waiver exepmt season.</p></blockquote>

Andersson will be a Wing. Tatar wont.

#43 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Trade Emmy and Mursak a soon as possible...the Wings have injury depth in GR that can more than fill in (Andersson, Nyquist, Sproul, Ouellet, Mrazek.) They can afford to trade Emmy and Mursak and get a couple mid round picks in return.

I too wish Holland would call the Iles about Visnovsky.  Although that would bump Kindl out and would make Cola the 7th guy...oh well, nothing personal, just business.  How about Kindl, Mursak & Emmy of Visnovsky + pick?

edit: Buffalo waived Pardy? I thought they brought him and Ott in to add toughness to the team?

Edited by LeftWinger, 18 January 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#44 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Trade Emmy and Mursak a soon as possible...the Wings have injury depth in GR that can more than fill in (Andersson, Nyquist, Sproul, Ouellet, Mrazek.) They can afford to trade Emmy and Mursak and get a couple mid round picks in return.

I too wish Holland would call the Iles about Visnovsky.  Although that would bump Kindl out and would make Cola the 7th guy...oh well, nothing personal, just business.  How about Kindl, Mursak & Emmy of Visnovsky + pick?

edit: Buffalo waived Pardy? I thought they brought him and Ott in to add toughness to the team?

Yea, I don't think the Islanders would trade one of there better players for guys that would normally be keeping Detrot's press box seats warm.

I don't agree with trading both Emmerton and Mursak, you can't always recall someone. Sometimes players tweak stuff in the morning skate or pregame warmup and you don't have time to fly someone from the GR in. That's where carrying a couple extra guys on the roster comes in handy.

Obviously one of them is going to need to be moved, but we'll still have a spot for the other one.

Andersson will be a Wing. Tatar wont.

I can actually see that. Although if they have a spot open, I can see them giving him the same treatment Hudler got when he was out of minor league options.

I agree about Andersson 100% though. Babcock loves the guy.

Edited by DSM, 18 January 2013 - 04:51 PM.