2013 Red Wings Predictions: Will They Win it All?
Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:48 PM
I'm definitely not getting my hopes up this year. I'll be happy if we can sneak in to the playoffs. I'm expecting a busy & successful off-season though, which we will regain dominance.
"Getting my leftover soup from yesterday back in my bowl is my lunchtime acquisition"
Samuelson should be arrested for loitering on our roster.
Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:05 PM
I'm thinking we'll finish anywhere from 7th thru 10th in the Western Conference.
Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:19 PM
1) Nyquist gets traded early as part of a package to bring in a bigger bodied shut down defender...someone like Anton Volchenkov or Zach Bogosian, though maybe not either of these two guys. Other pieces may include Emmerton, Kindl, picks.
2) Tatar becomes injury call-up and performs well as a winger in his new role beside our glut of quality centers.
3) Eaves plays himself back into a regular spot on the fourth line, adding a little depth scoring, playing solid defense, and shoring up the PK units. Miller is therefore expendable and may be traded at the deadline if there's any interest.
4) Brunner performs well, though probably not star level (this season), as he adjusts to the NHL game. 12 goals, 20 assists.
5) Gustavsson improves greatly since his Toronto days.
6) Franzen plays like a stud in his new Holmstrom role.
7) With the defense shored up, the bottom six as good or better than any in the league, improved goaltending, and quality top six scoring, Detroit makes the playoffs advancing (at least) to the WCF.
Edit: Tom Renney will improve the PP considerably as well.
Edited by kipwinger, 18 January 2013 - 11:02 AM.
- Serratoni likes this
"I don't care how fast a skater you are, if you don't play this game with a big heart and a big bag of knuckles in front of the net, you don't got dinky-do."
Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:08 PM
- puckbags likes this
Wings need some Ryan Pulock in the 1st round, a goal scorer in the 2nd round and rounds 3-7 all guys 6'4 or bigger. Please sign Dekeyser to play with Smith. <--Dekeyser signed, Paired next year. Mark your calendars.
Tootoo needs a partner in crime that plays like him on the other side of Helm. Oh hey, we have Mitchell Callahan. Problem solved.
XBox Live BleedRedWing
Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:13 PM
We can. To me the two biggest factors in the postseason are luck and hard work. We control one of those things. Simple as that.
|Topic||Forum||Started By||Stats||Last Post Info|
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users