• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Just a thought, I noticed he still hasn't signed a contract. The devils have said they might be interested, as did the rangers. I think he would be an awesome signing, than we can put him on the second line and waive sammy goodbye. He is 36 but still a proven 20+ goal scorer, which we could certainly use. Just my opinion, would love to hear yours.

Plus there is the addition of how cheap he comes, we could probably get him for less than we payed for sammy

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#2 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

We already have too many forwards. We need a top 4 blue-liner to be a serious contender for a Cup. I think someone will sign him. 

#3 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

That is why i said we waive sammy, he would be cheaper, and more skilled

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#4 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

That is why i said we waive sammy, he would be cheaper, and more skilled

I guess that'd be one way around his NTC huh? 

#5 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

I guess that'd be one way around his NTC huh? 

Just because he has a no  trade clause doesn't mean we can't buy him out, or send him to GR

#6 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

We've also got Nyquist down in the AHL who would do just as good of a job as Sykora if not better... If anything this move would be a huge slap in the face to him

• Nev likes this

#7 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Just because he has a no  trade clause doesn't mean we can't buy him out, or send him to GR

Except that if he goes through waivers, clears, & winds up in GR the Wings are still on the hook for his $3m against the cap.  35+ contracts now count against the cap in full in the first year of the contract regardless & are discounted by a whopping $100k in years thereafter.  Not gonna happen.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#8 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Just a thought, I noticed he still hasn't signed a contract. The devils have said they might be interested, as did the rangers. I think he would be an awesome signing, than we can put him on the second line and waive sammy goodbye. He is 36 but still a proven 20+ goal scorer, which we could certainly use. Just my opinion, would love to hear yours.

Plus there is the addition of how cheap he comes, we could probably get him for less than we payed for sammy

It sounds like you've been playing way too much NHL 13. Things really don't work like this in real-life management.

Edited by Crymson, 18 January 2013 - 01:07 AM.

• DSM likes this

#9 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

No. If you asked 10 years ago, I'd consider it. 

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 18 January 2013 - 01:50 AM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#10 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Hell no. Clogs up another spot for Tatar/Nyquist/Mursak.

Edited by irishock, 18 January 2013 - 02:24 AM.

bringit.jpg

#11 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

It sounds like you've been playing way too much NHL 13. Things really don't work like this in real-life management.

There is no need to insult people here, plus I am not sure what you mean. If you mean he won't be that cheap, than look at his last 3 contracts

#12 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Should we pursue Petr Sykora? No, no we shouldn't. Age and position does not fit into our needs at all.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#13 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

I'll agree that he's a "proven" 20 goal scorer, but I don't think that guarantees he will score 20 goals. Have to remember he's played one NHL season since being waived and released mid-season by Minnesota and then not being able to find work in the NHL...

Regardless, I'd pass. We can't exactly just let go of Samuelsson as easily as you insinuate, plus we already have a log jam up front especially after Helm comes off IR. We also have Nyquist, Tatar and Andersson (and possibly Sheahan) who can all take shifts at the NHL level.

If we add anything, it needs to be depth on defense.

Edited by DSM, 18 January 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#14 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Euro_Twins" data-cid="2341117" data-time="1358485239"><p>
Just a thought, I noticed he still hasn't signed a contract. The devils have said they might be interested, as did the rangers. I think he would be an awesome signing, than we can put him on the second line and waive sammy goodbye. He is 36 but still a proven 20+ goal scorer, which we could certainly use. Just my opinion, would love to hear yours.<br />
<br />
<br />
Plus there is the addition of how cheap he comes, we could probably get him for less than we payed for sammy</p></blockquote>

1. We have plenty of forwards.

2. We're not going to waive a player we just signed. I don't know why some people think thats going to happen. Sammy got signed for a reason, he wasn't signed just for the sake of signing someone.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."