• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Should we pursue Petr Sykora?

Rate this topic

Just a thought, I noticed he still hasn't signed a contract. The devils have said they might be interested, as did the rangers. I think he would be an awesome signing, than we can put him on the second line and waive sammy goodbye. He is 36 but still a proven 20+ goal scorer, which we could certainly use. Just my opinion, would love to hear yours.

Plus there is the addition of how cheap he comes, we could probably get him for less than we payed for sammy

Just because he has a no trade clause doesn't mean we can't buy him out, or send him to GR

Except that if he goes through waivers, clears, & winds up in GR the Wings are still on the hook for his $3m against the cap. 35+ contracts now count against the cap in full in the first year of the contract regardless & are discounted by a whopping $100k in years thereafter. Not gonna happen.

Guest Crymson
Just a thought, I noticed he still hasn't signed a contract. The devils have said they might be interested, as did the rangers. I think he would be an awesome signing, than we can put him on the second line and waive sammy goodbye. He is 36 but still a proven 20+ goal scorer, which we could certainly use. Just my opinion, would love to hear yours.

Plus there is the addition of how cheap he comes, we could probably get him for less than we payed for sammy

It sounds like you've been playing way too much NHL 13. Things really don't work like this in real-life management.

Edited by Crymson

Guest irishock

Hell no. Clogs up another spot for Tatar/Nyquist/Mursak.

Edited by irishock

It sounds like you've been playing way too much NHL 13. Things really don't work like this in real-life management.

There is no need to insult people here, plus I am not sure what you mean. If you mean he won't be that cheap, than look at his last 3 contracts

I'll agree that he's a "proven" 20 goal scorer, but I don't think that guarantees he will score 20 goals. Have to remember he's played one NHL season since being waived and released mid-season by Minnesota and then not being able to find work in the NHL...

Regardless, I'd pass. We can't exactly just let go of Samuelsson as easily as you insinuate, plus we already have a log jam up front especially after Helm comes off IR. We also have Nyquist, Tatar and Andersson (and possibly Sheahan) who can all take shifts at the NHL level.

If we add anything, it needs to be depth on defense.

Edited by DSM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Euro_Twins" data-cid="2341117" data-time="1358485239"><p>

Just a thought, I noticed he still hasn't signed a contract. The devils have said they might be interested, as did the rangers. I think he would be an awesome signing, than we can put him on the second line and waive sammy goodbye. He is 36 but still a proven 20+ goal scorer, which we could certainly use. Just my opinion, would love to hear yours.<br />

<br />

<br />

Plus there is the addition of how cheap he comes, we could probably get him for less than we payed for sammy</p></blockquote>

1. We have plenty of forwards.

2. We're not going to waive a player we just signed. I don't know why some people think thats going to happen. Sammy got signed for a reason, he wasn't signed just for the sake of signing someone.