• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DaWingsin071

Eaves Cleared to Play

Rate this topic

http://www.freep.com/article/20130118/SPORTS05/301180147/Red-Wings-Patrick-Eaves-concussion-cleared-to-play

This is amazing news! Now we have a major log jam at the forward position. Someone is getting dealt soon, for a D men I feel . Especially when Helm comes back.

Lines

Brunner - Dats - Zetterberg

Franzen - Filpulla - Sammy

Bert - Helm - Cleary

Eaves - Abs - Tootoo

Miller, Knuble

Edited by DaWingsin071

Good news. Someone has to go, now. There really isn't any getting around it. Hopefully we'll get a defenseman in return.

I'm gonna leave this list of defensemen here for Ken, because he definitely browses around the LGW forums:

Anton Volchenkov

John Erskine

Cory Sarich

Mike Komisarek

Douglas Murray

Zach Bogosian

http://www.freep.com/article/20130118/SPORTS05/301180147/Red-Wings-Patrick-Eaves-concussion-cleared-to-play

This is amazing news! Now we have a major log jam at the forward position. Someone is getting dealt soon, for a D men I feel . Especially when Helm comes back.

Lines

Bert - Helm - Cleary

Eaves - Abs - Tootoo

Miller, Mursak

Fixed.

Lines

Bert - Helm - Cleary

Eaves - Abs - Tootoo

Miller, Knuble

Great news for Eaves and the Wings.

Also, that's a pretty good set of forwards. I've been feeling less than stellar about the Wings as the season approaches, but man, on paper that looks pretty good.

why wouldnt the lines be:

Brunner-Z-Franzen

Bert-Pav-Flip

or switch Bert and Franzen.

Sorry for doing that.

Didn't Babcock say something to the effect of Datsyuk and Zetterberg starting the year together with Brunner?

why wouldnt the lines be:

Brunner-Z-Franzen

Bert-Pav-Flip

or switch Bert and Franzen.

Sorry for doing that.

He's going with that lines that Babcock had set to start the season, just switched out Miller for Eaves. Probably a pretty good guesstimation too.

Glad to see Patty Eaves back. What's not to like about this guy? He provides depth scoring, PK acumen, works hard, forechecks like a badger, and makes the ladies swoon.

Hope to see him play his way into the lineup soon, thus making my the first of my season predictions in the "2012 predictions" thread dead on.

Just like everyone else I'm pumped. The only problem I see is that with this news it means Eaves obviously can't start the season on LTIR and with Helm day-to-day someone will have to be cut/released/waived/traded. Because the Wings will need a 4th line centre it probably means Emmerton starts the year witht he club which could push Mursak out which would suck.