• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DaWingsin071

Eaves Cleared to Play

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson
Just like everyone else I'm pumped. The only problem I see is that with this news it means Eaves obviously can't start the season on LTIR and with Helm day-to-day someone will have to be cut/released/waived/traded. Because the Wings will need a 4th line centre it probably means Emmerton starts the year witht he club which could push Mursak out which would suck.

Abdelkader can play fourth-line center.

Just like everyone else I'm pumped. The only problem I see is that with this news it means Eaves obviously can't start the season on LTIR and with Helm day-to-day someone will have to be cut/released/waived/traded. Because the Wings will need a 4th line centre it probably means Emmerton starts the year witht he club which could push Mursak out which would suck.

I think you may be right when it come to who gets put through waivers between Emmerton & Mursak unless Kenny & Babs feel good enough about either Sheahan or Andersson to bring them in for a bit if a center goes down again after Helm gets back in the lineup. Personally, I would rather see Mursak stay up & see one of those two get a crack at spot relief as a 4th line center then keep Emmerton up.

Edited by ogreslayer

Awesome to have him back, but I worry how effective he'll be after so much time off.

So many question marks heading into this season. Brunner, Eaves, Coliacovo, Samuelsson, no Lidstrom, shortened season shaking things up. Can't wait til tomorrow!

Awesome to have him back, but I worry how effective he'll be after so much time off.

So many question marks heading into this season. Brunner, Eaves, Coliacovo, Samuelsson, no Lidstrom, shortened season shaking things up. Can't wait til tomorrow!

I'm already losing my mind and it's only Friday. Tomorrow I'm going to be like a kid waiting for the last day of school to finish. I'll be counting down the seconds until the broadcast starts. So Pumped.

I'm already losing my mind and it's only Friday. Tomorrow I'm going to be like a kid waiting for the last day of school to finish. I'll be counting down the seconds until the broadcast starts. So Pumped.

After being pissed at the the NHL (both owners & players) for months now & telling myself at times that I was done with it all, I feel a little dirty about how excited I am to see the season start.

Abdelkader can play fourth-line center.

When Helm is healthy Abs will be 4th line centre. But right now with Helm not expected to play on Saturday Abdelkader will play 3rd line centre which creates a hole on the four spot.

I think you may be right when it come to who gets put through waivers between Emmerton & Mursak unless Kenny & Babs feel good enough about either Sheahan or Andersson to bring them in for a bit if a center goes down again after Helm gets back in the lineup. Personally, I would rather see Mursak stay up & see one of those two get a crack at spot relief as a 4th line center then keep Emmerton up.

But that doesn't change the space on the roster issue. Right now there are 15 forwards: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Brunner, Franzen, Filppula, Samuelsson, Clearly, Helm, Bertuzzi, Tootoo, Eaves, Miller, Abdelkader, Mursak, Emmerton

If Helm can't go then Abdelkader slots to 3rd line centre. Unless someone is put on the IR someone needs to be cut (and this is ignoring that Knuble is there too). If Abs moves up we need a fourth line centre and that can't be accomplished by bringing up Sheahan or Andersson as they would take up another spot on the roster. In my mind, I would think they would end up slotting Emmerton into the fourth line centre spot and waiving Mursak...unless someone can be put on the IR

When Helm is healthy Abs will be 4th line centre. But right now with Helm not expected to play on Saturday Abdelkader will play 3rd line centre which creates a hole on the four spot.

But that doesn't change the space on the roster issue. Right now there are 15 forwards: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Brunner, Franzen, Filppula, Samuelsson, Clearly, Helm, Bertuzzi, Tootoo, Eaves, Miller, Abdelkader, Mursak, Emmerton

If Helm can't go then Abdelkader slots to 3rd line centre. Unless someone is put on the IR someone needs to be cut (and this is ignoring that Knuble is there too). If Abs moves up we need a fourth line centre and that can't be accomplished by bringing up Sheahan or Andersson as they would take up another spot on the roster. In my mind, I would think they would end up slotting Emmerton into the fourth line centre spot and waiving Mursak...unless someone can be put on the IR

I think you're missing my point. With Helm on short-term IR right now, the Wings don't have to make a move. Once Helm's ready to go & the lines are "set" with him centering the 3rd & Abby back centering the 4th, the Wings will have to get rid of a forward unless there's another injury.

Who gets sent down between Mursak & Emmerton, if that's the case baring a trade, might depend on whether or not Kenny & Babs are comfortable bringing Sheahan or Andersson in spot duty as a 4th line center instead of keeping Emmerton on the NHL roster permanently to fill that role. It's all about flexibility which includes the use of wavier exempt players that can move back & forth between Detroit & GR without risk. The question will be whether or not they think their two NHL ready centers in GR plus having Mursak on the roster provides them more flexibility than keeping Emmerton on-board & bringing up their NHL ready wingers (Nyquist & Tatar) in for spot duty on the 3rd or 4th lines if needed.

I really hope we're done with the Emmerton experiment. The guy adds nothing to the 4th line. Honestly, if he's our only option I'd rather slot in ANYONE else to play center on the 4th, as even if they're not good at center, there's little harm in it.

Meaning, I would accept a poor faceoff guy and mediocre defensive forward if they brought something else to the table (speed, aggression, shot accuracy, etc.)

I really hope we're done with the Emmerton experiment. The guy adds nothing to the 4th line. Honestly, if he's our only option I'd rather slot in ANYONE else to play center on the 4th, as even if they're not good at center, there's little harm in it.

Meaning, I would accept a poor faceoff guy and mediocre defensive forward if they brought something else to the table (speed, aggression, shot accuracy, etc.)

Honestly I think it's a matter of using him correctly, and that can't happen here in Detroit with our depth at center. Emmerton was drafted and developed as a playmaker, not a checking line center. On another team's third line, I think he'd be a bit more impressive. But here, with Dats, Flip, Helm, and Abby, I just don't think there's room for him. Especially considering Andersson could be called up as a fourth line center if there's an injury.

hey guys, I finally just got back to Howell after spending the day with my parents and heading to the Joe to watch the open practice. I'll be uploading some pictures from it later, but they aren't that impressive -_-. I watched eaves a lot today, he was rolling on the PK unit and he looked GREAT. For as long as he hasn't been with the team, my GOD he looked flawless out there. He was working the top on the PK, rolling between the two defensemen trying to cut their lanes, and he certainly brought smiles to the whole team with his presence out there. they were working their new power play setup, which actually looks decent. Basically, it's EDM's shoot down low and crash the net version. From what they were doing today, it looks like Franzen in the crease with Brunner and Datsyuk downlow on both sides of Mule. Zetterberg and Kronner were at the point. They would cycle and draw out the defensemen to make a clear, inwhich then they would feed the 1T and crash on it. Jimmy and Monster both looked very good. Mule and Brendan Smith were fooling around inwhich Smith got knocked down, lid came off even haha. The crowd started cheering and Smith started waving his flow. It was fun watching Eaves, Pasha, Filp, and Mule play 3 on 1 keep away. All in all a very good practice and they looked outstanding out there. I certainly can't wait til tomorrow!

This is good news. Eaves is one of a handful of guys that always seemed to go above and beyond to try out there. I've loved his work ethic since picking him up and he's the type of guy who deserves ice time if he continues to work as hard as he always has in the past.