• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/19: Red Wings 0 at St. Louis Blues 6

Rate this topic

Sorry but that sounds like a cop-out. You're still investing time, and emotion into the team.

OOOOOkaaayy....but I mentioned money. Time and emotion is not money. The Red Wings and the NHL will have no way of knowing if I watch, but neither will benefit monitarily from me watching tonight....but Cheli's Chili's will.

OOOOOkaaayy....but I mentioned money. Time and emotion is not money. The Red Wings and the NHL will have no way of knowing if I watch, but neither will benefit monitarily from me watching tonight....but Cheli's Chili's will.

I'm sure during the lock out, you said something along the lines of not caring if hockey comes back you won't pay attention anyway, watching tv, or coming on a forum is contradictory. Soon enough you will be purchasing again. Of course you are spending money because of them; ie going to the bar to watch the game (unless you don't buy anything). Obviously it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Edited by ben_usmc

I'm sure during the lock out, you said something along the lines of not caring if hockey comes back you won't pay attention anyway, watching tv, or coming on a forum is contradictory. Soon enough you will be purchasing again. Of course you are spending money because of them; ie going to the bar to watch the game (unless you don't buy anything). Obviously it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

I did say "I think I'm pretty much done with them" or something to that effect, so in that sense you are completely correct. I'm a hipocrate or liar in your eyes. Spending money because of them, I suppose is true, but they aren't getting any of it, which was my whole point. I eat at resteraunts throughout the baseball season and it doesn't help the MLB or Tigers in any way. And if I spend money in any way this season that directly benefits the NHL or Wings, I'll post it so that you can be 100% right. But it won't happen. I didn't think anyone paid that much attention to what I post here. Thanks for noticing me. :)

edit: maybe we should go to pm for further discussion, if necessary, soas not to derail the thread?

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

Sorry but that sounds like a cop-out. You're still investing time, and emotion into the team.

The owners and league don't give a crap about the fans time and emotions. They only care about money. So not giving it to them is not a cop out.

Oh and 3-2 wings tonight in a SO

Edited by GoalieManPat

hope the Wings can start off with a bang, will be tough in St. Louis though

Mule should be more effective, being on the 2nd line means he won't have to deal with the other team's top d-pairing

excited to see what Brunner and Smith can bring to the table

Wings win in shoot-out, 4-3

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Sammy, and Quincey

Looking forward to seeing Brunner, and over the course of the last 24 hours I've slightly developed some respect for Franzen, lol, maybe he'll score. Hopefully Dats will give us some dandy goals. Go Wings.