• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/19: Red Wings 0 at St. Louis Blues 6

Rate this topic

Great job by Jimmy to at least keep us in the damn game. the defense sucked, the PK sucked, the forecheck sucked, the offense sucked...basically everything by howard sucked out there that period... we're clearly either not ready to play, or not good enough to play good teams. I know its early, and im trying not to over react... but that was beyond pathetic.

The only good thing about that period is that were not down 7-0 ..wow. Cmon boys. And to all you people panicking after 20 minutes of hockey go jump off a cliff. It`s really pathetic. I will grant you this..after watching Chicago play today and that first period by St Louis we look like minimal the 3rd best team in the division lol

It was a dive. But it was just as much interference. The only people that showed up for the game so far at Dats, Zetts, and Howard. Between the first period and the red/white game the only time Franzen has been mentioned is when he was switching teams for the PP in the scrimmage.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="brandon27" data-cid="2341883" data-time="1358647018"><p>

Come on ... that wasnt a dive.. that was interference all the god damn way. accept it, this team is getting out played, they know it, that was a play made out of total desperation by our hapless D. </p></blockquote>

Tarasenko definitely embellished. Why do your feet need to give out when Kronner at most made contact with his stick at hip level?

Guest The Axe

We are playing the top team in the conference at their arena. Let's all calm down and wait about 10-15 games before we sell the farm.

The Wings do look pretty bad right now, though.

They are flat right now. They need some big hits or a quick goal, something has to give them a spark or the whole game will be like this. I'm not concerned because right now we aren't seeing a bad team, we are seeing a team play bad. if they start to play good and get man handled, then it'll be a different story but they are just standing around out there. This is where tootoo needs to start throwing his body around.

We are playing the top team in the conference at their arena. Let's all calm down and wait about 10-15 games before we sell the farm.

The Wings do look pretty bad right now, though.

Agreed.

The Blues play a great forecheck system and look like they haven't lost a step since last season.

Wings have a lot to sort out and have the additional challenge of doing it in half a season. But getting shelled for one period is a little early to lose hope.

Anyone who thought our D wasn't going to be a mess was kidding themselves. I admit, I was trying to be optimistic as time went on too, but let's get real, losing Rafalski, Stuart and Lidstrom is just a huge blow, especially when you add nothing even remotely comparable to even Stuart. But we talk about that and we don't often talk about the fact that great players like Lidstrom make the guys around them better. So what are these guys going to look like without the Lidstrom-bonus magic skill points? Well, I guess we are starting to really figure that out.

I can't imagine that Holland isn't shifting in his seat tonight, and can't imagine Babcock doesn't want to strangle him right now either.

True, and I agree. At some point though, you do have to see what you have in Smith. So, im glad to see he's up. At the same time though... we've seen Kindl is lacking.. Erricson isnt that great either, not bad, but not great... the losses of Stuart, Rafalski, and now Lidstrom just havent been filled well enough. It's going to hurt.

Personally, I think we just have to many holes to fill. We had an elite team, its getting old. It's time to see what we have in the AHL, and see how that translates to the NHL. Nevermind guys like cleary, samuelsson, bertuzzi at the end of their careers. It's time to see what Nyquist, Tatar, Brunnstrom, Brunner (I know he's up now), have... its time to see what theyve got, its time to..... dare I say it... rebuild. Sad thing is... we dont have the talent at D to go along with this rebuild. We do at forward... but not at D. Sadly though too... we dont have enough young prospects at forward, to trade away to help re-stock the D.

Its going to be a long year I think. I dont see a quick and easy fix here.