• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/19: Red Wings 0 at St. Louis Blues 6

Rate this topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2341886" data-time="1358647034"><p>

<br />

Not his fault his GM riddled him with this defense and a group of lazy, old forwards. </p></blockquote>

This is why guys like nyquist, and Tatar need to be playing. We are so damn slow, and don't have enough skill

Relax guys its just the first period of the first game of the season. after all the changes of course the special teams doesn't work as they should. Same with defense. They probably just need time...... which unfortunately they don't have.

Guest irishock

A lot of over reaction going on right now. The Wings are just rusty, things will pick up in the 2nd period.

Relax guys its just the first period of the first game of the season. after all the changes of course the special teams doesn't work as they should. Same with defense. They probably just need time...... which unfortunately they don't have.

That's the thing. The Wings are going through a major roster change and likely a system change with it. I'm not sure what their system is now exactly.

Whereas a team like the Blues can roll the same system they had last season. Stating the obvious but it'll be a challenge for the Wings to get it sorted in a 48 game season.

We are playing the top team in the conference at their arena. Let's all calm down and wait about 10-15 games before we sell the farm.

The Wings do look pretty bad right now, though.

Um..its a 48 game season..i do agree about calming down but we don`t have 10-15 games to evaluate..we have like 5

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2341866" data-time="1358646887"><p>

<br />

In case you haven't figured it out, Franzen is Fernando Torres around here. </p></blockquote>

Lol I wouldn't not compare the two. Torres is way worse than Franzen.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Flipper51" data-cid="2341920" data-time="1358647445"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2341886" data-time="1358647034"><p><br />

<br /><br />

Not his fault his GM riddled him with this defense and a group of lazy, old forwards. </p></blockquote><br />

<br />

This is why guys like nyquist, and Tatar need to be playing. We are so damn slow, and don't have enough skill</p></blockquote>

Those guys just can't match physical players...

I get not trying to judge them too much right now, but so many of these problems are nothing new, we're now just not nearly as good on defense and even older. It's not as if we haven't seen most of this crap before. The same guys won't skate. The same guys are playing sloppy in our end. The same guys are playing soft. This is nothing new.

This is why we need to make a big trade; we need to move some guys that likely feel untouchable and send a message that no one is untouchable (sans Dats and Z for profoundly obvious reasons). At this point, I don't even think the benefit will come from who we would add so much as shaking up the chemistry of this team and sending a message. Still might not help, but I don't know what else we can try that they haven't, because again, with too many of these guys, these issues are just nothing new.

I can't decide which is more troubling, the 17 shots against or the 2 shots for.

Has to be the 2 shots for, we are team built to put up point, control the puck, and create turnovers. And the exact opposite is happening right now. Getting scoring chances should be a strength for this team.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CaliforniaWingsFan" data-cid="2341910" data-time="1358647226"><p>

I realize that the team is playing like complete s*** right now, but understand this is the first game. If the team is consistently this bad all season I will eat my underwear, but I think it will take a few games or weeks to get things going.</p></blockquote>It shouldn't. We should be on par with everyone else in the league at least. Blues were in the same position we were yet they are kicking our ass.

Edited by Redmist

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2341936" data-time="1358647797"><p>

<br />

Dude, we look like Ireland at the Euros right now.<br />

<br />

;)</p></blockquote>

I like you. You watch real football.

Guys/girls, if you want to watch hockey game tonight you have two choices, Rangers-Bruins and Habs-Leafs (I just can't believe that the Habs-Leafs are more exciting than the Red Wings)

Write it down... Leafs make the playoffs this year.

At this rate... we wont. I think we still do, but its gonna be close if we do.

Has to be the 2 shots for, we are team built to put up point, control the puck, and create turnovers. And the exact opposite is happening right now. Getting scoring chances should be a strength for this team.

This team has been a rush team the past 2 years. Puck possession kind of fell apart after 2009.

On another note, Howard is getting ample time to get back into game shape.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2341936" data-time="1358647797"><p>

<br />

Dude, we look like Ireland at the Euros right now.<br />

<br />

;)</p></blockquote>

I like you. You watch real football. Edit: ahhhhh the quote button is sucking

Edited by Redmist

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="puckbags" data-cid="2341926" data-time="1358647582"><p>

Um..its a 48 game season..i do agree about calming down but we don`t have 10-15 games to evaluate..we have like 5 </p></blockquote>

Ok. Im glad youre willing to admit that losing to the best team in the league, arguably, on opening night isnt the end of the world.