• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/19: Red Wings 0 at St. Louis Blues 6

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

Did anyone see the LA Kings today? You know that big, young, fast, tough team that won the Cup last year? They sucked today too. It happens. They look bad so far, but it's one game...

Did anyone see the LA Kings today? You know that big, young, fast, tough team that won the Cup last year? They sucked today too. It happens. They look bad so far, but it's one game...

Weren't they raising a Cup banner and celebrating?

That kind of performance happens all the time.

Not only is Holland REALLY going to have to re-evaluate this team (I hope he doesn't stay content and just miss the playoffs for the heck of it) but if Babcock cannot get these guys to respond to him or respond to something, he will find himself out of a job. I hate to tell him, but Tom Renney wasn't just brought in to be an Asst. He was brought in to fill the gap if Babcock cannot get it done. I am not saying fire Babs, but its no secret that the rumor has it that the players have stopped responding to him...Renney will take over when and if Babs gets fired....

There's a big difference between "needing some time to gel" and being down 3-0 with no defense and 5 shots through over 33 minutes of hockey. They very well may need time to gel, but if they can only do this right now, there's only so much better we can reasonably expect them to get. Don't forget, it's not like these guys haven't been skating. They all have, and many were playing in European leagues. And there's not that many new faces. It certainly has to get better, but again, you've gotta be reasonable with your expectations.