• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/19: Red Wings 0 at St. Louis Blues 6

Rate this topic

Worst game I've ever seen the Wings play. Honestly.

Can we get any sustained offense going in the 3rd? Give us something to make us belive this season won't be a total trainwreck?

I'm an optimist, but there's nothing here to be optimistic about..

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CaliforniaWingsFan" data-cid="2342175" data-time="1358650573"><p>

Look on the bright side, we will be able to beat Columbus this year.....oh they are tied with Nashville after two....well okay. Look on the other bright side, we have a good chance to get Seth Jones.</p></blockquote>

If Columbus beats us without Nash...it'll be an awful day.

Pretty much getting outplayed. What else is there to say? Why are we so unprepared? Is this the fault of the coaching, players or both....to me, looks like everybody responsible at this point.

Look on the bright side, we will be able to beat Columbus this year.....oh they are tied with Nashville after two....well okay. Look on the other bright side, we have a good chance to get Seth Jones.

I was just gonna mention this....but I think Holland would use that pick to take another Swede or Czech or Swiss or Fin...just a feeling...or he would trade that #2 overall to get another 2nd rounder and then take a Swede or Czech or Swiss or some other small skilled player...just a gut feeling there.

I didn't say that the players are not repsonding, it was on the radio today that there was a rumor going around that Babcock has lost something with the players....not hate, but the coach is ALWAYS the first to go...

Oh and just FYI, Mike Babcock is not Scotty Bowman....nobody is Scotty Bowman...there is a reason why Scotty Bowman has won so much. If this continues into the 15-20 games, Renney will be head coach...

Wasn't arguing with you really, and I've heard rumblings about that too, I just think it's a little silly given the effort these guys have been giving for awhile. Franzen's been floating for way too long and if Babcock loses something with the players after a Cup win and another Cup appearance in the first couple years to follow that, and the players look lazy and old, I'm personally going to side with the coach.

And sure, no one's Scotty Bowman, but I just remember plenty of talk about Bowman losing his way with the players too, and I remember guys getting booted out if they were unwilling to work. He had that clout, and he had the GM power most of his time here, which was great.

To me, I look at these guys and I say they're all professionals getting paid a ton of money to go out and play a game. Even if the coach is truly a joke and they don't like him, they need to be out giving 100%. There's no excuses for not doing that in the NHL. So even if Babcock isn't getting the message across these days, he's not the only one that should get the boot if it comes to that as far as I'm concerned. Not by a long-shot.

And maybe these guys are playing lazier as well because they've learned that it's next to impossible to get traded when you're a Red Wing and highly likely that you'll get re-signed despite a mediocre effort.

the honest fact is tonight we are not on the Blues level simple as that, the worrying thing is it could be the same for

most of the other teams were gunna face. I hope not and we are just blowing alot of cobwebs away or this short

season could be a very long one!

I was just gonna mention this....but I think Holland would use that pick to take another Swede or Czech or Swiss or Fin...just a feeling...or he would trade that #2 overall to get another 2nd rounder and then take a Swede or Czech or Swiss or some other small skilled player...just a gut feeling there.

As it stands right now, I don't think the Wings are beating Columbus at the moment.

This is the worst Wings team in nearly 30 years.