• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/19: Red Wings 0 at St. Louis Blues 6

Rate this topic

Am I the only one that thought the TooToo attempted hit was pretty bad? He launched himself through the air like a missle. If he connected with someone, it might have been ugly.

I wouldn't complain too much about him getting a 10 minute misconduct as we really don't know if he got it for that or what might have happened after that (more likely).

No, you're not the only one. He definitely was taking a flying run at a guy.

But you still shouldn't get a 10 minute misconduct for a whiff like that then jawing with a guy.

Am I the only one that thought the TooToo attempted hit was pretty bad? He launched himself through the air like a missle. If he connected with someone, it might have been ugly.

I wouldn't complain too much about him getting a 10 minute misconduct as we really don't know if he got it for that or what might have happened after that (more likely).

Sure, he left his feet... but he didnt hit anyone...

its only a penalty if he leaves his feet, and actually hits someone.

Its ridiculous that they threw him out of the game for it. If he said something on ice afterwards that warranted him getting thrown out, then sure, but for the lame ass missed hit attempt, to get thrown out, is ridiculous. if he hit someone, and it was dirty, then im all for it, sure, but he only hit the damn boards... thats not a penalty... give me a break.

Sure, he left his feet... but he didnt hit anyone...

its only a penalty if he leaves his feet, and actually hits someone.

Its ridiculous that they threw him out of the game for it. If he said something on ice afterwards that warranted him getting thrown out, then sure, but for the lame ass missed hit attempt, to get thrown out, is ridiculous. if he hit someone, and it was dirty, then im all for it, sure, but he only hit the damn boards... thats not a penalty... give me a break.

They didn't throw him out of the game for it. they gave him a 10 minute misconduct, which takes him off the ice until the instigator rule kicks in.

They didn't throw him out of the game for it. they gave him a 10 minute misconduct, which takes him off the ice until the instigator rule kicks in.

same s***, different pile. with 12 minutes left in the game... its essentially throwing him out of the game.... for nothing.

same s***, different pile. with 12 minutes left in the game... its essentially throwing him out of the game.... for nothing.

Agreed. Just clarifying they didn't actually kick him out, but yeah, the intent was to keep him from stirring crap up, which unfortunately is exactly what he's currently being overpaid for.

Okay, golf analogy. This is like one hole. So we bogied. Let's go onto the next hole and hit the green, right?

(Trying to calm down)

Meanwhile, I'll look for the boobs.

No, you're not the only one. He definitely was taking a flying run at a guy.

But you still shouldn't get a 10 minute misconduct for a whiff like that then jawing with a guy.

My point was that you really don't know what he got it for, the vast majority of 10 minute misconduct penalties in my league are for getting in the refs ears a little too much.

The thing is, when I saw Tootoo do that I thought to myself, how does he get away with doing something like that? Perhaps the refs though giving hi the misconduct was something they could do without punishing the Wings by putting them on the penalty kill. Who knows. Not a big fan of it, but I might be able to see some of the logic. Perhaps that call doesn't happen if the game isn't 5-0.