• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/19: Red Wings 0 at St. Louis Blues 6

Rate this topic

The mid to late 80s were fun because they had heavyweights like Probert and Kocur, plus plenty of other guys who would drop the gloves and throw big hits. Plus there was the young superstar Stevie Y.

This team doesn't really have any of those components. I'm not sure what its identity is really.

I know what it's identity is - Tissue paper soft.

It's just one game, but its all the same habits from last year, only worse. Lazier, no hustle, no people in front of the net, no hitting, no pressure. No scoring. Only one game, this could be a playoff team, but its not a Cup winning team.

Would be nice if Babcock would actually get a little pissed. He never looks like he gives a s***...

That's a sign of a good coach, I'm sure he's letting them have it off the camera.

When things go well he focuses on the negatives. When things go bad, he focuses on the positives. Lots of good coaches do this.

So.. a scrumb in the net... franzen and cleary get roughed up... talk s*** afterwards for a fight... and franzen gets the penalty, even though cleary was crosschecked 3 or 4 times... but beacuse they challenged for a fight apparently, they go to the box???

Unbelievable.

The mid to late 80s were fun because they had heavyweights like Probert and Kocur, plus plenty of other guys who would drop the gloves and throw big hits. Plus there was the young superstar Stevie Y.

This team doesn't really have any of those components. I'm not sure what its identity is really.

Good point.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Zetterling" data-cid="2342290" data-time="1358652361"><p>

hopefully this season proves my theory that Filpulla sucks.</p></blockquote>

You try playing with 2 floaters in Sammy and the mule. Oh and the worst d-core in the league