• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/19: Red Wings 0 at St. Louis Blues 6

Rate this topic

seriously? facing 4 basically breakwawys, and being hung other to dry the other two times by pathetic defense... you seriously think goaltending was our issue tonight.

Unbelievable. our issues tonight were the other 5 guys on the ice tonight. at all times. Not Jimmy Howard.

Open up the eyes. Amazing what it'll do for you.

Once again, read where I said he wasn't as bad as the rest of the team. Nowhere did I mention that goaltending was "the issue" tonight, but it wasn't 5 guys on the ice at a time that played bad, it was 6. There were NO bright spots tonight.

Edited by Yzermania

The only thing that makes tonight's loss somewhat tolerable is the fact the Nucks have given up 5 to Anaheim halfway through the game. Start Schneider, trade Luongo..hold up maybe keep Lou, trade Schneider..ah crap who knows...Can't wait for the controversy to start.

Me saying he wasn't as bad as the rest of the team is pretty much an agreement that he was the least of the problems but it doesn't mean he wasn't one. You know what goalies get payed to do? Stop breakaways and power play shots. Anytime a goaltender lets in 5 goals, he is not doing what he is payed to do regardless of how bad the team in front of him is. Everyone on the ice was terrible. The only reason I even mentioned that the goaltending was bad was because too many people are trying to say it wasn't. Everyone is in agreement about the rest of the team.

When the team plays as bad as they did in front of him tonight and he only gave up 5 goals, he gets a pass from criticism. I like Jimmy Howard enough though I'm not his biggest fan either. I have no problem being critical of him if he deserves it, and in the past, he has, and I'm not convinced he's as good as many think he is. But tonight, he shouldn't be part of the discussion. He made a lot of real good saves. Unfortunately, so many of the saves he had to make were good saves because he was hung out to dry again and again. Again, I just think that in light of the mindblowingly bad effort from the skaters, it's not worth loading up on one of 2-3 guys who seemed to be trying to play out there.

Needless to say the Wings have a new officiating target to replace Holmstrom in Tootoo. Absolute joke that he got tossed 10 mins for chirping.

Yup, only in Gary Bettmans NHL is it a 10 minute misconduct for leaving your feet and checking the boards, then chirping a guy and trying to fight, and another 10 minute misconduct for Franzen chirping a guy to a fight after watching a team mate get crosschecked 5 or so times in the crease...

Pathetic

What happened to hockey?!?!?! What happened to "the code" of the game!!!!

That's odd, Kyle Quincey was our ice time leader.

I'm not a Quincey hater (yet...) and I think he has potential to be a descent player, but none the less, that is a mind-numbing stat. The times they are a-changing, indeed...

Edited by gcom007

Remember me? It's the guy that made the thread awhile back about the Red Wings being in trouble this year. I didn't think they'd be in this much trouble, even after one game. Bar none the worst game I've seen the Wings play... at least in recent memory. No positives, and unbelievably sloppy, unwatchable play.

Could very well be a LOOOONG 48 game season.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

well that was ugly.

when was the last time the wings were shutout in their first game of the regular season?

and i dont know aboot anyone else but i rarely heard zetterberg or datsyuks name AT ALL tonight.

if this is a sign of things to come..i might have to go back to smoking cigarettes (im 2 months clean SO FAR) :bad::bad:

Guest Crymson

It's the first game of the season, these guys have not played NHL hockey in nine months, and there has been significant personnel turnover. The wrinkles will take some time to iron out.

Those of you who have concluded, based on this single game, that the season is over should consider quitting right now.

Everyone is going on about how bad they played... Every team played bad tonight, Vancouver lost 7-3 to anaheim, the kings lost 5-2 to chicago, tampa beat washington 6-3. I knew the first few games would be bad, we have new lines that need to develop chemistry, and everyone is pretty rusty. Don't count the wings out, there was a bright spot of the game though... that it ended lol

Guest irishock

Also, should point out that we had some of these types of games last season on the road as well. I won't hold any judgement on this team until I see how the perform at the Joe.