Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Jimmy best Wing that period.

#342 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

So, if this is any indication of how bad the Wing's D is, how long will this season be?

48 games.

-Elliot

#343 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Holy f*** there were like 3 cliches per word in Coli's interview.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#344 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

I realize that the team is playing like complete s*** right now, but understand this is the first game. If the team is consistently this bad all season I will eat my underwear, but I think it will take a few games or weeks to get things going.

#345 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Well the beer is atleast cold for whatever that's worth  :confused:

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#346 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

They are flat right now. They need some big hits or a quick goal, something has to give them a spark or the whole game will be like this. I'm not concerned because right now we aren't seeing a bad team, we are seeing a team play bad. if they start to play good and get man handled, then it'll be a different story but they are just standing around out there. This is where tootoo needs to start throwing his body around.

#347 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,136 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

We are playing the top team in the conference at their arena.  Let's all calm down and wait about 10-15 games before we sell the farm. 

The Wings do look pretty bad right now, though. 

Agreed. 

The Blues play a great forecheck system and look like they haven't lost a step since last season. 

Wings have a lot to sort out and have the additional challenge of doing it in half a season.  But getting shelled for one period is a little early to lose hope. 

#348 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm not going to put the blame only on the Wings here. Sure, they are playing very bad hockey, but the Blues are no longer a bad team either.

#349 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Tootoo needs to fight. Franzen needs to have fun. Quincey needs to play defense. What else is missing here?
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#350 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Anyone who thought our D wasn't going to be a mess was kidding themselves. I admit, I was trying to be optimistic as time went on too, but let's get real, losing Rafalski, Stuart and Lidstrom is just a huge blow, especially when you add nothing even remotely comparable to even Stuart. But we talk about that and we don't often talk about the fact that great players like Lidstrom make the guys around them better. So what are these guys going to look like without the Lidstrom-bonus magic skill points? Well, I guess we are starting to really figure that out.

I can't imagine that Holland isn't shifting in his seat tonight, and can't imagine Babcock doesn't want to strangle him right now either.

True, and I agree.  At some point though, you do have to see what you have in Smith.  So, im glad to see he's up.   At the same time though... we've seen Kindl is lacking.. Erricson isnt that great either, not bad, but not great...  the losses of Stuart, Rafalski, and now Lidstrom just havent been filled well enough.   It's going to hurt.

Personally, I think we just have to many holes to fill.  We had an elite team, its getting old.  It's time to see what we have in the AHL, and see how that translates to the NHL.  Nevermind guys like cleary, samuelsson, bertuzzi at the end of their careers.  It's time to see what Nyquist, Tatar, Brunnstrom, Brunner (I know he's up now), have... its time to see what theyve got, its time to..... dare I say it... rebuild.   Sad thing is... we dont have the talent at D to go along with this rebuild.  We do at forward... but not at D.  Sadly though too... we dont have enough young prospects at forward, to trade away to help re-stock the D.

Its going to be a long year I think.  I dont see a quick and easy fix here.

Posted Image

#351 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

48 games.

This is scary folks. Hopefully they can beat Columbus.

#352 AFwinger

AFwinger

Let's Go Redwings!!!

• Gold Booster
  • 844 posts

Uh that was a bad period
GO Wings, GO Blue!

#353 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Unleash Tootoo!!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#354 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2341886" data-time="1358647034"><p>
 <br />
Not his fault his GM riddled him with this defense and a group of lazy, old forwards.  </p></blockquote>

This is why guys like nyquist, and Tatar need to be playing. We are so damn slow, and don't have enough skill

#355 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Relax guys its just the first period of the first game of the season. after all the changes of course the special teams doesn't work as they should. Same with defense. They probably just need time...... which unfortunately they don't have. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#356 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,136 posts

I can't decide which is more troubling, the 17 shots against or the 2 shots for.

#357 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

A lot of over reaction going on right now. The Wings are just rusty, things will pick up in the 2nd period.

bringit.jpg

#358 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Guys/girls, if you want to watch hockey game tonight you have two choices, Rangers-Bruins and Habs-Leafs (I just can't believe that the Habs-Leafs are more exciting than the Red Wings)
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#359 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,136 posts

Relax guys its just the first period of the first game of the season. after all the changes of course the special teams doesn't work as they should. Same with defense. They probably just need time...... which unfortunately they don't have. 

That's the thing.  The Wings are going through a major roster change and likely a system change with it.  I'm not sure what their system is now exactly. 

Whereas a team like the Blues can roll the same system they had last season.  Stating the obvious but it'll be a challenge for the Wings to get it sorted in a 48 game season. 

#360 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

We are playing the top team in the conference at their arena.  Let's all calm down and wait about 10-15 games before we sell the farm. 

The Wings do look pretty bad right now, though. 

Um..its a 48 game season..i do agree about calming down but we don`t have 10-15 games to evaluate..we have like 5 

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"