• Please log in to reply
973 replies to this topic

#461 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

So far I enjoy watching the commercials more than the actual game.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#462 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,761 posts

Still remember when everyone here was complaining that Quincey was allowed to leave the first time. 

Not me....I complained when they got him back. Well at least what they paid for him. Problem is, what do we have to take his palce? Bring up Ouellet? Kindl is NOT the answer...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#463 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,158 posts

Quincey could still come around. I'm not upset about that over one game. But given that he was the best thing we added in a year in which we saw Rafalski, Stuart and Lidstrom leave, he's not going to get an inch. Too bad Holland's really the one at fault for inadvertently putting Quincey in the hot seat.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#464 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Brunner sitting there thinking "WTF did I get myself into?"

#465 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Quincey was at some point a very productive player, he's young, good size, not afraid to use it. He has the tools, but man does he make bad decisions since coming over.

yeah I wonder why on earth he hasn't calmed down by now and just started playing, he's making rookie-level mistakes out there way too much

#466 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Yeah we're an embarressment right now. If we can't make something happen in this game, which looks unlikely to say the least, I expect quick changes. Meaning Nyquist in next game.

#467 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,046 posts

Emmerton, Tootoo and Clearly line at lease playing with some hustle. 

#468 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Only players looking okay right now are the ones that played overseas and Howard. Quincey needs to get off Smith's line. Put him with someone who can cover his mistakes.

Posted Image

#469 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

At least Tootoo is hitting people in blue
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#470 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

To say we suck tonight would be insulting to things that suck, like Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, and Dyson vacuum cleaners.

Edited by Electrophile, 19 January 2013 - 09:29 PM.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#471 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Yeah, lets just pack it in now.  Halfway through the first game of the season.  They're done.  No sense in bothering with the rest of the season.  They'll go 0-48 for sure. 

#472 AFwinger

AFwinger

Let's Go Redwings!!!

• Gold Booster
  • 844 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Well at least the UFC is free on FX
GO Wings, GO Blue!

#473 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

If we can't make something happen in this game, which looks unlikely to say the least, I expect quick changes. Meaning Nyquist in next game.

that'll fix the defense!

#474 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

No I think we will go 20-28.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#475 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,046 posts

Only players looking okay right now are the ones that played overseas and Howard. Quincey needs to get off Smith's line. Put him with someone who can cover his mistakes.

I thought I saw Smith out there with White earlier.  Not sure why they're pairing him with Q. 

#476 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Agreed.  I dont htink Smitth has looked too bad.   But at least put him with someone talented, who can make him look like less than a rookie

Posted Image

#477 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Yeah, lets just pack it in now.  Halfway through the first game of the season.  They're done.  No sense in bothering with the rest of the season.  They'll go 0-48 for sure. 

I don't think anyone's quite saying that, so dial down the melodrama.  They do however, suck major ass tonight.  Doesn't mean they'll suck ass all season, just that they're sucking ass *tonight*.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#478 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

So why aren't we playing guys like Nyquist? Because they can't "handle" the physical play? Don't give me that bull s***. Would you rather have a guy that can give you a chance to score, or someone that could take a hit a little better?

#479 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

They should be chanting Quincey not Howard's name.

#480 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Yeah we're an embarressment right now. If we can't make something happen in this game, which looks unlikely to say the least, I expect quick changes. Meaning Nyquist in next game.

I hope so, but Babs has been slow to make changes in the past, hope he realizes we don't have time for his stubborness