• Please log in to reply
973 replies to this topic

#621 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

I didn't say that the players are not repsonding, it was on the radio today that there was a rumor going around that Babcock has lost something with the players....not hate, but the coach is ALWAYS the first to go...

Oh and just FYI, Mike Babcock is not Scotty Bowman....nobody is Scotty Bowman...there is a reason why Scotty Bowman has won so much.  If this continues into the 15-20 games, Renney will be head coach...

Wasn't arguing with you really, and I've heard rumblings about that too, I just think it's a little silly given the effort these guys have been giving for awhile. Franzen's been floating for way too long and if Babcock loses something with the players after a Cup win and another Cup appearance in the first couple years to follow that, and the players look lazy and old, I'm personally going to side with the coach.

And sure, no one's Scotty Bowman, but I just remember plenty of talk about Bowman losing his way with the players too, and I remember guys getting booted out if they were unwilling to work. He had that clout, and he had the GM power most of his time here, which was great.

To me, I look at these guys and I say they're all professionals getting paid a ton of money to go out and play a game. Even if the coach is truly a joke and they don't like him, they need to be out giving 100%. There's no excuses for not doing that in the NHL. So even if Babcock isn't getting the message across these days, he's not the only one that should get the boot if it comes to that as far as I'm concerned. Not by a long-shot.

And maybe these guys are playing lazier as well because they've learned that it's next to impossible to get traded when you're a Red Wing and highly likely that you'll get re-signed despite a mediocre effort.

-Elliot

#622 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

To be fair we don't have Bert or Helm
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#623 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

the honest fact is tonight we are not on the Blues level simple as that, the worrying thing is it could be the same for

most of the other teams were gunna face. I hope not and we are just blowing alot of cobwebs away or this short

season could be a very long one!

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#624 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Hossa 3 points, Jagr 2 goals.

Interesting.

#625 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Thats like sending Dats to a Siberian work camp.

Maybe Nyquist can suit up for the 3rd...

And Lidstrom.

#626 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

I was just gonna mention this....but I think Holland would use that pick to take another Swede or Czech or Swiss or Fin...just a feeling...or he would trade that #2 overall to get another 2nd rounder and then take a Swede or Czech or Swiss or some other small skilled player...just a gut feeling there.

As it stands right now, I don't think the Wings are beating Columbus at the moment.

This is the worst Wings team in nearly 30 years.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#627 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

This is appropriate right now.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#628 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Pretty much getting outplayed.  What else is there to say?  Why are we so unprepared?  Is this the fault of the coaching, players or both....to me, looks like everybody responsible at this point.

Meh... to me its on the players.  Guys are in position for the most part... just not executing.   Looking rather useless out there.  It's pathetic really.  I think its beyond coaching at this point.  Its lazy hockey right now.   Maybe its rust... who knows.  I see guys in position for the most part, just failng to react, and make plays.  Example... Quincey.  In position at first, just blows the defense completely.

Posted Image

#629 Redmist

Redmist

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

At least we can win faceoffs.

#630 djv19

djv19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

I agree trade franzen now for a case of 5 hour energy. Bout even deal there.

#631 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="55fan" data-cid="2342188" data-time="1358650868"><p>
Maybe Tootoo should fight.<br />
It's not going to kill us on the scoreboard and it would give us something to cheer about.</p></blockquote>

He'd better not pick Reaves cuz he'd get killed.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#632 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Well like any good parent and fan would do I`m going to leave this game on as background noise and engage in a epic game of mini stick hockey with my 4 year old......oh and drink whisky.  

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#633 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

At least not having Bert for his shootout prowess is not a problem tonight.

#634 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

At least we are winning faceoffs :confused:

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#635 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

To be fair we don't have Bert or Helm

I can see saying were lacking helm... but bertuzzi... really?    There's not much at all left in the tank there.   Id rather see Nyquist.

Posted Image

#636 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

7 shots on goal for the Wings?  Thats just disgusting.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#637 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Did we not see this coming? Holland did nothing to replace those that left. He picked up scraps that nobody wanted. Brunner might be able to make it in this league if he has some size on his line but the DZB 1st line is getting pushed around like they are kids by the Blues. Mule looks like the lazy sob he was last year, Cleary can not stand up and takes dumb ass penalties when he does, and don't even get me started on the D as theyf****** suck. Howard is playing his ass off as usual and appears to be the only Wing that has any heart. Emmerton and Mursak don't belong in the NHL period. Abby and Tootoo are to afraid to go out and kick some ass.

Ken Holland and co s*** the bed this off season by not making this team better. I know they did try but their job IS to make it better or fail. They failed. Every team in their division is better, yes even CBJ and the Red Wings are not and in fact they are going backwards.

This is just one game and not worth throwing in the towel yet but I think we have been so happy to get hockey back that we have forgot the hole that this team was left after last year.

#638 Redmist

Redmist

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

First Chelsea now the wings. Why are all my teams not doing so hot this year. Sigh.

#639 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

7 shots on goal for the Wings?  Thats just disgusting.

Yup, 7 shots, through 2 periods, with 4 goals against. 

Pathetic doesnt even begin to describe it.

Posted Image

#640 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

This FanaticU commercial is false advertising, they are not playing hockey.