• Please log in to reply
973 replies to this topic

#901 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Needless to say the Wings have a new officiating target to replace Holmstrom in Tootoo. Absolute joke that he got tossed 10 mins for chirping. 

Edited by irishock, 19 January 2013 - 11:38 PM.

bringit.jpg

#902 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

it's sad to think that he'll soon be dead in a bus in alaska.

:'(

Here's something to distract us all from this game - Rick DiPietro's picture for this year. 

159550428-Rick-DiPietro-590x884.jpg

Posted Image

#903 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

seriously?  facing 4 basically breakwawys, and being hung other to dry the other two times by pathetic defense...  you seriously think goaltending was our issue tonight.

Unbelievable.  our issues tonight were the other 5 guys on the ice tonight.  at all times.  Not Jimmy Howard. 

Open up the eyes.  Amazing what it'll do for you.

Once again, read where I said he wasn't as bad as the rest of the team. Nowhere did I mention that goaltending was "the issue" tonight, but it wasn't 5 guys on the ice at a time that played bad, it was 6. There were NO bright spots tonight.

Edited by Yzermania, 19 January 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#904 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Yeah... because an average goaltender is going to stop our defense from giving up 4 breakaway goals... give me... all of us.. a break... 

unreal.

luongo is good. allstar goalie. just at the wrong team.

#905 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

The only thing that makes tonight's loss somewhat tolerable is the fact the Nucks have given up 5 to Anaheim halfway through the game.  Start Schneider, trade Luongo..hold up maybe keep Lou, trade Schneider..ah crap who knows...Can't wait for the controversy to start.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#906 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Worst part of the game? I didn't play Oshie thinking the Wings wouldn't let in too many. Whoops, there goes 3 points.

#907 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Me saying he wasn't as bad as the rest of the team is pretty much an agreement that he was the least of the problems but it doesn't mean he wasn't one. You know what goalies get payed to do? Stop breakaways and power play shots. Anytime a goaltender lets in 5 goals, he is not doing what he is payed to do regardless of how bad the team in front of him is. Everyone on the ice was terrible. The only reason I even mentioned that the goaltending was bad was because too many people are trying to say it wasn't. Everyone is in agreement about the rest of the team.

When the team plays as bad as they did in front of him tonight and he only gave up 5 goals, he gets a pass from criticism. I like Jimmy Howard enough though I'm not his biggest fan either. I have no problem being critical of him if he deserves it, and in the past, he has, and I'm not convinced he's as good as many think he is. But tonight, he shouldn't be part of the discussion. He made a lot of real good saves. Unfortunately, so many of the saves he had to make were good saves because he was hung out to dry again and again. Again, I just think that in light of the mindblowingly bad effort from the skaters, it's not worth loading up on one of 2-3 guys who seemed to be trying to play out there.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#908 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Worst part of the game? I didn't play Oshie thinking the Wings wouldn't let in too many. Whoops, there goes 3 points.

Fantasy hockey, LOL :)

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#909 MacAttack25

MacAttack25

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Oof. Really bad game for the Wings. Hopefully they can put it behind them and turn things around quick. Some good teams are 0-1 after today, so there's no need to panic, but you don't want to start slow with this shortened season.

#910 Cajanek_Spielmacher

Cajanek_Spielmacher

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

FYI - The Blues had the same # of players playing overseas as did the Redwings. We even had our own KHL All-Star. Let this game get started. 1st post of the year here by a Blues fan! :nono:

ouch. I did not see this outcome.

PRIDE-PASSION-DETERMINATION-FAITH-ST.LOUIS BLUES----

#911 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Needless to say the Wings have a new officiating target to replace Holmstrom in Tootoo. Absolute joke that he got tossed 10 mins for chirping. 

Yup, only in Gary Bettmans NHL is it a 10 minute misconduct for leaving your feet and checking the boards, then chirping a guy and trying to fight, and another 10 minute misconduct for Franzen chirping a guy to a fight after watching a team mate get crosschecked 5 or so times in the crease...

Pathetic

What happened to hockey?!?!?!  What happened to "the code" of the game!!!! 

Posted Image

#912 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

luongo is good. allstar goalie. just at the wrong team.

What makes you think that?  The Canucks are pretty damn talented... he hasnt performed.  Why is that the wrong team?

Edited by brandon27, 20 January 2013 - 12:03 AM.

Posted Image

#913 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

That's odd, Kyle Quincey was our ice time leader.

#914 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I had Tarasenko drafted on my team and didn't play him thinking there'd be 1st game jitters...well 12.5 fantasy points later  :glare:

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#915 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

That explains why we got smoked...  I mean... he was directly responsible for what... 4 goals?

Posted Image

#916 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

I'm not a Quincey hater (yet...) and I think he has potential to be a descent player, but none the less, that is a mind-numbing stat. The times they are a-changing, indeed...

Edited by gcom007, 20 January 2013 - 12:11 AM.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#917 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Sorry if this has already been asked: Is there a place to see the post-game press conference?

#918 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

hopefully just a chemistry and rust thing

disgusting game. dont even remember seeing much of datsyuk and hes usually the show

cant think of one player who played a decent game..maybe emmerton heh

#919 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,270 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Well, that about explains why the score was 6-0.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#920 Alextricity

Alextricity

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Remember me? It's the guy that made the thread awhile back about the Red Wings being in trouble this year. I didn't think they'd be in this much trouble, even after one game. Bar none the worst game I've seen the Wings play... at least in recent memory. No positives, and unbelievably sloppy, unwatchable play.

Could very well be a LOOOONG 48 game season.