• Please log in to reply
973 replies to this topic

#921 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

If Cleary and Ericcson pick it up we will win a few. Maybe even squeak at the playoffs but that's all I see right now. Quincey was brutal.

#922 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

well that was ugly.

when was the last time the wings were shutout in their first game of the regular season?

and i dont know aboot anyone else but i rarely heard zetterberg or datsyuks name AT ALL tonight. 

if this is a sign of things to come..i might have to go back to smoking cigarettes (im 2 months clean SO FAR)   :bad:  :bad:

#923 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

It's the first game of the season, these guys have not played NHL hockey in nine months, and there has been significant personnel turnover. The wrinkles will take some time to iron out.

Those of you who have concluded, based on this single game, that the season is over should consider quitting right now.

#924 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Everyone is going on about how bad they played... Every team played bad tonight, Vancouver lost 7-3 to anaheim, the kings lost 5-2 to chicago, tampa beat washington 6-3. I knew the first few games would be bad, we have new lines that need to develop chemistry, and everyone is pretty rusty. Don't count the wings out, there was a bright spot of the game though... that it ended lol

#925 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Also, should point out that we had some of these types of games last season on the road as well. I won't hold any judgement on this team until I see how the perform at the Joe.

bringit.jpg

#926 RedWingsExpert1988

RedWingsExpert1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

even though i wont judge on 1 game, i still think the multiple breakaways is a sign that we have very bad defense.  i can understand the offense needs chemistry and st. louis is great defensively but we have to figure out what to do with the D

#927 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Cleary, Sam, can sit for Gus and Eaves
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#928 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

oh man. wings lost big and that was a heartbreaker. but nothing like ending the night on a good note. CBC does a thing called After Hours where they interview someone from their late game,( pending on whos playing ). Tonight it was Vancouver vs Anaheim (nucks lost 7-3) but tonight they are interviewing Teemu Selanne. He is one of my Absolute Favourite players of all time, very classy guy. when i lived in winnipeg in the early-mid 90s, i went to a couple Jets games and he was just brilliant! I will really be sad the day he does decide to hang them up. The NHL will truly lose another amazing player to ever lace them up. Maybe when he retires he can become an actor like in this. 

#929 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

My attitude following tonight - 

superman-drinking.gif

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#930 centcougar

centcougar

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Looks like it could be a long shortened season for y'all. And apparently CBJ is at least on par with Nashville so that's no longer a gimmie game... Then you have Dallas and Minnesota in a row.. They better figure it out pretty quick if playoffs are going to be remotely possible. Tough draw to start out with though. Probably one of the top 2 teams in the entire conference on the road is not a favorable matchup. Should be interesting to see where your season goes from here. 

#931 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

I missed this game but watched highlights. I'm trying to not overreact but those breakaways were brutal.

#932 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#933 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Perhaps Datsyuk and Zetterberg should sit too, then? They accomplished equally little. The entire team played terribly.

#934 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Chiming in late ... I guess that my brain isn't processing what happened in this game.

OK .. I knew that the D wasn't going to be all that good, but I was hoping that the depth in the forwards and goal tending would make up for that.

OK .. It's just one game

OK .. It's just one game

Crap ... I have been watching the Wings since the 94-95 season and I have watched at the least 95% of the Wings games since the 2000-2001 season. I have never watched a game in where the Wings were completely dominated for probably 57 minutes of the game. That was completely pathetic.  The Wings had no business on that ice.

#935 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

I guess I'm glad my DVR wasn't working tonight. Best to resign this one to the dustbin.

#936 Redmist

Redmist

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

How I felt after that game, http://randomgifs.co...everything-gif/

#937 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

So evidently Red Bird III took off an hour later than scheduled after the game & now the boys have had a practice added Sunday afternoon.  Wonder if there's any paint left on the walls of the visitor's locker room in St. Louis now?

#938 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

Terrible game gotta blame coaching staff for not preparing them at all for a hard hitting team. I have always had blind faith in The coaching but the last three years we've had awful PK and PP and it lost us a lot of games. The team after 3 years hasn't realized that they're small and think of some sort of different gameplan when you play a team that likes to hit a lot.

#939 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Happy I've missed the game but I think Babcock really knew, why he reached out to Lidström for a 48 game season and Kenny wasn't pessimistic he has been realistic.

Some of the predictions .> dogfight to make the playoffs are the plain hard reality.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#940 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,989 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

I'm not sure which is worse: the over-reacting or the self-rigtheous why-don't-you-just-quit-then responses to it.

Don't Toews me, bro!