• Please log in to reply
973 replies to this topic

#961 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

I am back here now that the season has started.   While I missed last night's game (out with friends) I will say this where was the Offense?

#962 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

I thought Ericsson was solid. When you play the entire game in your own zone mistakes will be made there's no way around it.

#963 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

I am back here now that the season has started.   While I missed last night's game (out with friends) I will say this where was the Offense?

You are asking the wrong question... the rest of us are wondering where the team was.

#964 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Looks like it could be a long shortened season for y'all. And apparently CBJ is at least on par with Nashville so that's no longer a gimmie game... Then you have Dallas and Minnesota in a row.. They better figure it out pretty quick if playoffs are going to be remotely possible. Tough draw to start out with though. Probably one of the top 2 teams in the entire conference on the road is not a favorable matchup. Should be interesting to see where your season goes from here. 

oh boy we get to see the borderline trolling of you again. How lovely. You do know it was just the first game right? We still have to get over the fact that the best D-man in hockey is no longer with us. Sort of hard to do that  the first game of a shortened season after a lockout. Wings players are going to be figuring out their new role these first games. Not really worried yet but thank you for your genuine concern.  :glare:

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#965 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

well that was ugly.

when was the last time the wings were shutout in their first game of the regular season?

Saturday, October 11th, 1958. They lost 2-0 in Montreal. Sid Abel was our coach and we didn't make the playoffs that year  :nervous:

It also happened on November 18th, 1926 when the Detroit Cougars lost 2-0 to the Bruins in a game played in Windsor, ON. Also, November 15th, 1928 the Detroit Cougars lost 2-0 to the NYR in Detroit.

So, only the fourth time in franchise history and the second as the Red Wings.

Something else that's interesting... From 1940-41 to 1954-55, Detroit went 14-0-1 in season openers. But in franchise history, they are just a few games above .500.

#966 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

http://kuklaskorner....ew-day-tomorrow

“We have to be way more competitive than we were,'' Babcock said. “We didn’t have much structure and much battle in us. It was disappointing. It was pretty easy to see and it didn’t feel very good to be a player or a coach, a manager, probably an owner.''

Or a fan.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#967 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

http://kuklaskorner....ew-day-tomorrow

Or a fan.

Unfortunately, they tend to forget that often :glare:

#968 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Well, I missed the majority of the game, I worked until 10pm. I did catch the end and watched highlights. It seemed as though as bad as our defense was (which seems to be taking all the blame) what happened to our offense in this mess? We only had 14 shots, I love the wings and all but when was the last time we got less than 20 shots in a game? We are known for shooting a lot, and we just didn't shoot the puck enough, which is why we got shut out, Halak didn't even break a sweat. 

#969 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Well, I missed the majority of the game, I worked until 10pm. I did catch the end and watched highlights. It seemed as though as bad as our defense was (which seems to be taking all the blame) what happened to our offense in this mess? We only had 14 shots, I love the wings and all but when was the last time we got less than 20 shots in a game? We are known for shooting a lot, and we just didn't shoot the puck enough, which is why we got shut out, Halak didn't even break a sweat. 

Ah, good timing. I had just come to ask: 17-2 after the first period? Really?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#970 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

...and Datsyuk & Zetterberg combined for a whopping 0 shots on goal. :turn:

Really hoping this game is not a sign of things to come.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#971 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Today will be a better day. Waiting for the new GDT and pushing the first game of the season behind. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#972 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Today will be a better day. Waiting for the new GDT and pushing the first game of the season behind. 

If Columbus smokes us too, then we should be worried. Remember last year? we won our first 5 games then the caps crushed us 7-1 which started a 6 game losing skid. We bounced back then, and we will bounce back again

#973 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Good to see these GDTs still going strong....49 pages! :lol:

The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#974 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Honestly that shot total is severely alarming. 14 shots and 0 from Datsyuk or Z? Can anybody here honestly remember a poorer effort from the Wings? Add to this the FIRST game back after a huge break god damn thats messed