• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Giant Griffins bench-clearing brawl

Rate this topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kylee" data-cid="2342530" data-time="1358664860"><p>

The Wings need this to happen. Show some heart</p></blockquote>

I know, right?! Remember that big bench clearing brawl the Islanders had last year that really jump started that stellar run of theirs to the cup last year!

:ninja:

Jesus. Great, half our farm system has a concussion now. Mrazek got beaten to a pulp - love how the ref slid his lifeless corpse away from the other goalie.

Also, what the hell was that siren going off in the background? Is that some sort of signal for everyone to pretend they're in "Slap Shot"?

Great call on that Islanders/Pens brawl by @stevkrause above. The teams with the "best fighters" are usually the teams in the bottom half of the standings. Probably because you have to offer some raw meat for the fairweather fans to chew on.

The Griffins got absolutely beat up (apart from Tatar at 3:50) because the Rockford 4th line goons were up against one of the Griffins scoring lines which obviously had no real fighters on except for Aubry who still got beaten up.

Props to Tristan Grant for leaving the bench to go after Beach who was trying his best to send Sheahan to a hospital at centre ice, even if he's going to get a massive suspension for it. Poor Callahan had two guys trying to pound him at once. Real goonery from the Ice Hogs. Beach will have a target on his head when these two next meet.

If anyone's interested, the Griffins won 11-6 with a hat-trick from Callahan.

Beach is kind of crazy... but really crazy. I don't have a chance to watch Griffins games... are they tough or they are kind of Detroit (skill team - which got beaten badly last night).

McArdle acted tough too. ;)

The Griffins have the 11th most fighting majors in the AHL. However, the brawl was started when the Griffins tough players were not on the ice. Good to see Grant get some retribution on Beach.

Hell the GR team got worked over bad. The scoreboard said otherwise but still...

To be fair, the Wings could ice Tootoo-Abby- Bert with Smith- E and do something similar to the first lines of CBJ, FLA, Oilers, NYI, etc. The Griffins did get beat up, but it wasn't because Rockford targeted players who had experience fighting.

To be fair, the Wings could ice Tootoo-Abby- Bert with Smith- E and do something similar to the first lines of CBJ, FLA, Oilers, NYI, etc. The Griffins did get beat up, but it wasn't because Rockford targeted players who had experience fighting.

I understand this. I just hope everyone didn't get a concussion from this. Seems like GR are doing quite well this season. Be real unfortunate if someone goes out for a long time due to this brawl. And don't get me wrong I love fighting but in opinion this is something GR probably didn't need...

I understand this. I just hope everyone didn't get a concussion from this. Seems like GR are doing quite well this season. Be real unfortunate if someone goes out for a long time due to this brawl. And don't get me wrong I love fighting but in opinion this is something GR probably didn't need...

I love fights too but I want to see bruised egos not bruised heads :(

we need call-ups and these assholes are trying to frickin kill em. none the less the whole team is probably beyond sore and tore up, which makes it s***ty because mursak just got injured ontop of all of our other s***ty injuries. chicago goons....

I agree. From reading the reports of the game it didn't seem like any retribution was layed onto the Griffins- moreso frustration from Rockford. I like tough hockey, but I am not sure why Rockford was trying to prove by picking on the Griffins skilled players- the Griffins have plenty of players who are willing.