• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

To be fair, the Wings could ice Tootoo-Abby- Bert with Smith- E and do something similar to the first lines of CBJ, FLA, Oilers, NYI, etc. The Griffins did get beat up, but it wasn't because Rockford targeted players who had experience fighting.

I understand this. I just hope everyone didn't get a concussion from this. Seems like GR are doing quite well this season. Be real unfortunate if someone goes out for a long time due to this brawl. And don't get me wrong I love fighting but in opinion this is something GR probably didn't need...

#22 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

I understand this. I just hope everyone didn't get a concussion from this. Seems like GR are doing quite well this season. Be real unfortunate if someone goes out for a long time due to this brawl. And don't get me wrong I love fighting but in opinion this is something GR probably didn't need...

I love fights too but I want to see bruised egos not bruised heads :(

#23 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

we need call-ups and these assholes are trying to frickin kill em. none the less the whole team is probably beyond sore and tore up, which makes it s***ty because mursak just got injured ontop of all of our other s***ty injuries. chicago goons.... 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#24 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I agree. From reading the reports of the game it didn't seem like any retribution was layed onto the Griffins- moreso frustration from Rockford. I like tough hockey, but I am not sure why Rockford was trying to prove by picking on the Griffins skilled players- the Griffins have plenty of players who are willing.

#25 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast! Brick killed a guy!

There were horses and a man on fire and I killed a guy with a trident.

• Nev likes this

#26 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

HAHAHAHA Now this is a game! Unlike that utter heart-less s***e that the Wings displayed. Can't wait for the rematch between Rockford and GR. Should be good. 

Who was that on the video that had trouble getting up from center ice? 

#27 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,867 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Wear pink sweaters=get your ass kicked !

To me it looked like the Griffs were on the receiving end of most of the ass kickings. 

Though who was that Rockford player who kept skating around suckerpunching guys who were already engaged in fights?  I swear he was the third man in at least three different times. 

#28 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Next time hopefully someone pulls a Tootoo and one hitter quitter the Rockford before they even drop the gloves

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#29 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

To me it looked like the Griffs were on the receiving end of most of the ass kickings. 

Though who was that Rockford player who kept skating around suckerpunching guys who were already engaged in fights?  I swear he was the third man in at least three different times. 

Agreed. Pretty chicken s*** in my opinion.

#30 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

What the hell set that off?  Looks like the Griffs got pounded too, everywhere I looked I was seeing guys in white eating fists.

Tatar fed a few in the end

#31 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,643 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Our minor league team sucks at fighting.  Big surprise.

Curt Fraser is basically the best fighter in the entire Wings organization......Whoops, I forgot

The Griffins got absolutely beat up (apart from Tatar at 3:50) because the Rockford 4th line goons were up against one of the Griffins scoring lines which obviously had no real fighters on except for Aubry who still got beaten up.

Props to Tristan Grant for leaving the bench to go after Beach who was trying his best to send Sheahan to a hospital at centre ice, even if he's going to get a massive suspension for it. Poor Callahan had two guys trying to pound him at once. Real goonery from the Ice Hogs. Beach will have a target on his head when these two next meet.

If anyone's interested, the Griffins won 11-6 with a hat-trick from Callahan.

Yeah, I guess the other team did have Brookbank on the ice as well as some other fighters.

Still, Ericsson needs to go down to the farm and teach some of these wusses how to fight.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 20 January 2013 - 01:06 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#32 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Ericsson?  If you're gunna do it, do it right and hire Lilja as fighting coach.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#33 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Beach is a major league spotpicker. Also, that dolt running around the ice cheapshotting everyone is Kenndal McArdle. He signed a PTO with Rockford a couple days back. Hopefully his useless ass is released. 3rd man in at least twice during the brawl. Coward.

Props to Triston Grant and the rest of the team for heading out there. At least our minor league team has some guts.

Of course Rockford came out on top in a lot of the fights, because either McArdle jumped in as the 3rd man or our finesse guys were being jumped by their 4th liners.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#34 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Pink!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#35 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="haroldsnepsts" data-cid="2342637" data-time="1358701736"><p>
To me it looked like the Griffs were on the receiving end of most of the ass kickings. <br />
 <br />
Though who was that Rockford player who kept skating around suckerpunching guys who were already engaged in fights?  I swear he was the third man in at least three different times. </p></blockquote>

I think it was McArdle
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#36 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Curt Fraser is basically the best fighter in the entire Wings organization......Whoops, I forgot

Yeah, I guess the other team did have Brookbank on the ice as well as some other fighters.

Still, Ericsson needs to go down to the farm and teach some of these wusses how to fight.

Grand Rapids had a number of scrappy guys/fighters the last 2-3 years - and each year had a mediocre team on the ice. Not saying they're necessarily exclusive, but I'd prefer this year's team in contention over last year's team that could hold their own.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#37 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

I've seen Brennan Evans get into about 5 or 6 scraps this year and he won them all easily. Not sure where he was during all this.

#38 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Haha pink.. :lol:

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U