• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

I figured I'd just start a thread as a place holder for who will soon become the LGW whipping boy... He's by no means all our problems, but he looked horrible tonight...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#2 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

He wasf****** terrible. That one shining lump of s*** on top of a pile of other s***.

Basically, when an entire team stinks and your stink can still be smelled above all else, you can say you've had a bad game.

Let the whipping begin.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#3 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

It has been only one game. If you're feeling the need to whip someone already, considering finding yourself some Xanax.

Edited by Crymson, 20 January 2013 - 02:28 AM.

#4 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

One of the worst games I've ever seen the wings play. They look like they are thinking slow, just terrible reactions and reads nobody was in sync whatsoever. I know it's the first game and w/e but a lot of the blame should be on the coaching staff.

#5 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

I'll stick with him. Everyone has bad nights and everyone has horrible nights. He had a horrible night (along with a large cast of players).

#6 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

I'll stick with him. Everyone has bad nights and everyone has horrible nights. He had a horrible night (along with a large cast of players).

Can you off the top of your head remember a good night for him since coming back?

#7 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Can you off the top of your head remember a good night for him since coming back?

Actually the only one I can think of was his first game back when he got a goal :D

#8 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

Actually the only one I can think of was his first game back when he got a goal :D

Wasnt that the Vancouver game that ended the long home win streak? Damn you Quincey lol.

#9 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,142 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

He looked awful, sure, but he's got potential to be a descent player for us. I'll give him a break. The whole team was just terrible and the defense in general felt non-existant. I mean, literally, there were times where it felt almost as if we didn't have a defense out there. It's easy to single Quincey out but he was hardly the only problem and there's a good chance he'll improve and make an impact.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#10 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,012 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Definitely a terrible game for Quincey.  He was directly responsible for 3 of the 6 goals.  

Twice getting undressed by the rookie and once for not bothering to tie up his guy's stick on the deflection.  

Nearly the entire team crapped the bed, but Q's performance last night certainly doesn't help fears of how the Wings will do without Lidstrom and Stuart. 

#11 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Q was definitely out of his element, along with every body else. Based on this game, I can't see the wings winning 15 games. If, after the first 10 games, the wings have only won 2 or 3 games, then they need to bring up the young ones and get their feet wet. There will be no need to play the Bertuzzis, Clearys etc

#12 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,825 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

"Steve, can we have that first round pick back?"   (Holland calling Yzerman last night)

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#13 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Q was definitely out of his element, along with every body else. Based on this game, I can't see the wings winning 15 games. If, after the first 10 games, the wings have only won 2 or 3 games, then they need to bring up the young ones and get their feet wet. There will be no need to play the Bertuzzis, Clearys etc

Things may have been different if Bert or Helm were availible last night. Not by much but our physical presence would have been better. I'd like to see Kindl at some point this year too.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Terasenko gave Q the business for his first 2 career goals.  Blues are gonna be good this year and Quincey along with the rest of the Wings D need to practice hard and get some chemistry.  Every chance the Blues got they jumped behind the D and got great scoring chances.  the boys need to tier the D instead of wondering which guy is gonna take the puck and which guy is gonna drop back.  Once that gets sorted out, so do half of last nights goals.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#15 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

"Steve, can we have that first round pick back?"   (Holland calling Yzerman last night)

If he hadn't done it, you'd be screaming that he hadn't gotten anyone to replace Stuart.

#16 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,825 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

If he hadn't done it, you'd be screaming that he hadn't gotten anyone to replace Stuart.

In my opinion, he still hasn't.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#17 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

What might be scarier:  Quincey on the top pairing vs. C'Bus?  From a few minutes ago:

#RedWings D Jonathan Ericsson leaving practice early, limping slightly after fall.

#18 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

In my opinion, he still hasn't.

You'd be saying that he hadn't tried.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

#19 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crymson" data-cid="2342684" data-time="1358707314"><p>
 <br />
If he hadn't done it, you'd be screaming that he hadn't gotten anyone to replace Stuart.</p></blockquote>

He didn't.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#20 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

You'd be saying that he hadn't tried.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

You're overcomplicating things with alternate universe mumbo-jumbo.

Holland traded a 1st round pick for Quincey. For this, he ought to go to jail, or be punched really hard in the arm.

"Yeah, but if he hadn't--" but he did. Which is why this thread exists.

"Yeah, but if this thread hadn't been made..."

Don't Toews me, bro!