• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Quincey

Rate this topic

Quincey played decent other than some huge mistakes that led to goals. If he can limit to one of those mistakes a night then he's an upgrade to Stuart. Ericsson was solid even though he was paired with Kronwall who was terrible.

Ya I'm not sure what Kronner's deal was last night, but i've never seen him play that bad. I guess the momentum of the team playing like a bunch of derps rubbed off on even him. At the end of the 2nd Dats was super pissed about something too. The entire team played like a bunch of sack munchers.

Pretty much. He overpaid for a player that isn't worth it, and then overpaid for Carlo what's his face in the offseason.

That's Holland's plan for fixing the defense?

I actually thought Colo looked pretty good last night, everything considered. He had about...6 minutes to try and learn the system in Detroit, meet the team, gel with line mates and play. Signing him are the LEAST of Detroits worries .

Guest Crymson
If Holland hadn't acquired Quincey, he probably would have been on Justin Schultz's short list considering that there would have been a spot for him to step into and play.

First you accused Holland of lowballing Schultz, and now you say that it's because there was insufficient space. Neither of your attestations have any truth. Schultz wanted to play for a young, Canadian team.

Your desire to place blame is very evident. It's not going to get you anywhere.

Pretty much. He overpaid for a player that isn't worth it, and then overpaid for Carlo what's his face in the offseason.

That's Holland's plan for fixing the defense?

He gave up a first-rounder in a weak draft. Perhaps you have a better idea? Would you have preferred that he had not made that trade, in which event we'd have needed to sign the likes of Roszival or Redden to fill the 6th spot?

What might be scarier: Quincey on the top pairing vs. C'Bus? From a few minutes ago:

#RedWings D Jonathan Ericsson leaving practice early, limping slightly after fall.

Definitely not good... If it was Quincey, or Kindl it wouldn't be so bad, but it is one of our top D-men... not good...

To put too fine a point on it... The idea is Holland traded a 1st round pick for a guy who seems hell-bent on getting bounced off the roster by Jakub Kindl. Bottom line: Quincey has done nothing good for us since coming back aboard. And that hurts. Now, could Kenny have known Quincey would (under)perform this way? No, I don't think anyone could've seen this coming. So it's not like ZOMG HOLLAND IZ TEH STOOPID (even though he really kinda is, at times, in certain respects). But, I think what really gets a lot of people re: Quincey is the fact that this is his second stint with the Wings. We had him, we got him gone, then we traded a 1st round pick to get him back, and, thus far, that buy-back has looked very facepalm indeed.

Edited by Dabura

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Dabura" data-cid="2342895" data-time="1358760440"><p>

To put too fine a point on it.... The idea is Holland traded a <span class='bbc_underline'>1st round pick</span> for a guy who seems hell-bent on getting bounced off the roster by Jakub Kindl. Bottom line: Quincey has done nothing good for us since coming back aboard. And that hurts. Now, could Kenny have known Quincey would (under)perform this way? No, I don't think anyone could've seen this coming. So it's not like ZOMG HOLLAND IZ TEH STOOPID (even though he really kinda is, at times, in certain respects). But, I think what really gets a lot of people re: Quincey is the fact that this is his <em class='bbc'>second stint</em> with the Wings. We had him, we got him gone, then we traded a 1st round pick to get him back, and, thus far, that buy-back has looked very facepalm indeed.</p></blockquote>

Yup. The Red Wings are a bunch of Has Beens.

Step One is to fire Holland.

Step Two is to buy out the old crap (Bert, Sammy, etc.).

Step Three is to move the good old guys (Z, D, F, F) down in the lineup and replace them with good new guys (we need a few of these).

Guest RedWingsDad

I think Quincey will turn it around, given some more time. I think he will overcome his annoying face and be a solid 2nd paring guy.

071812_quincey.jpg

Edited by RedWingsDad

Guest Crymson
I remember him being much more serviceable his first time around with the Wings....

Some people have the strangest memories where Quincey is concerned. He played 6-8 minutes a night against the fourth lines of the Flames, Ducks, and Sharks in 2007, and then was utterly overshadowed by Meech and Ericsson when they were all up during the injury spell of early 2008.

Guest Crymson
Quincey was not worth a first round pick and he sure as hell isn't worth a 3,75 salary

He was worth a first-round pick in the weakest draft in recent memory, and $3.75m was a fair salary in a league in which free agents were being habitually overpaid.

Quincey was not worth a first round pick and he sure as hell isn't worth a 3,75 salary

Not yet atleast. He hasn't done anything yet to warrant it, but he's going to get every opportunity. And it's not like he has anything fundamentally wrong with his game, he's got the skill and the size to be a very good defenseman, and he's proved in the past that he can be an effective top 4 defenseman. He just has to correct his defensive breakdowns, which is much easier said then done.

Not yet atleast. He hasn't done anything yet to warrant it, but he's going to get every opportunity. And it's not like he has anything fundamentally wrong with his game, he's got the skill and the size to be a very good defenseman, and he's proved in the past that he can be an effective top 4 defenseman. He just has to correct his defensive breakdowns, which is much easier said then done.

Agreed about not being easy but sadly for him (and others), in a shortened season there just is hardly enough time for stuff like that. This is now a team that needs contributions from everyone right from the start. So by the time Quincey might figuring it out it couldb e too late and we would have gotten a real nice first round pick during last years draft, so even if he does turn his game around I think Holland overpaid in a big way for him.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crymson" data-cid="2343162" data-time="1358806223"><p>

<br />

He was worth a first-round pick in the weakest draft in recent memory, and $3.75m was a fair salary in a league in which free agents were being habitually overpaid.</p></blockquote>

This.

Also, he'll improve. I'm not worried about him.. At least not yet.

Guest irishock

Colai hurt so Kindl will probably play and Quincey still gets to keep his spot by default

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="amato" data-cid="2343921" data-time="1358825246"><p>

Lashoff should take his spot when everyone's healthy.</p></blockquote>

With the way they both played tonight, I can't say I'd be upset to see that... Too much money though, it will never happen...