• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I don't understand why Babcock is only choosing to play Smith for 15 minutes... he is clearly better than anyone not named Kronwall. Kronnrs should be at 26-27 minutes a game and Smith and White should be able to handle around at least 20-24 minutes. Then Quincy, Ericsson and Carlo can play whatever is left.

#22 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

"Steve, can we have that first round pick back?"   (Holland calling Yzerman last night)

"No, because we already used it." (Yzerman's response) 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#23 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

You're overcomplicating things with alternate universe mumbo-jumbo.

Holland traded a 1st round pick for Quincey. For this, he ought to go to jail, or be punched really hard in the arm. SACK.

"Yeah, but if he hadn't--" but he did. Which is why this thread exists.

"Yeah, but if this thread hadn't been made..."

Fixed...

If Holland hadn't acquired Quincey, he probably would have been on Justin Schultz's short list considering that there would have been a spot for him to step into and play.

"No, because we already used it."  "Hey f*** Your Mama!" (Yzerman's response) 

Fixed....

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,295 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

You're overcomplicating things with alternate universe mumbo-jumbo.

Holland traded a 1st round pick for Quincey. For this, he ought to go to jail, or be punched really hard in the arm.

"Yeah, but if he hadn't--" but he did. Which is why this thread exists.

"Yeah, but if this thread hadn't been made..."

Pretty much.  He overpaid for a player that isn't worth it, and then overpaid for Carlo what's his face in the offseason.  

That's Holland's plan for fixing the defense?  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

My contempt for Quincey isnt founded on last night, but wow did he get exposed. I didn't like us trading for him then signing him to a multi year deal.

#26 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Quincey played decent other than some huge mistakes that led to goals. If he can limit to one of those mistakes a night then he's an upgrade to Stuart. Ericsson was solid even though he was paired with Kronwall who was terrible.

#27 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Quincey played decent other than some huge mistakes that led to goals. If he can limit to one of those mistakes a night then he's an upgrade to Stuart. Ericsson was solid even though he was paired with Kronwall who was terrible.

Ya I'm not sure what Kronner's deal was last night, but i've never seen him play that bad.  I guess the momentum of the team playing like a bunch of derps rubbed off on even him.  At the end of the 2nd Dats was super pissed about something too.  The entire team played like a bunch of sack munchers.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#28 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Pretty much.  He overpaid for a player that isn't worth it, and then overpaid for Carlo what's his face in the offseason.  

I actually thought Colo looked pretty good last night, everything considered. He had about...6 minutes to try and learn the system in Detroit, meet the team, gel with line mates and play. Signing him are the LEAST of Detroits worries .
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!

A buck for any Nyquist, Tater tots, Shehan, Jurco or Deke goal.
2 bucks for any Mule goal.
5 bucks for any Jimmy shut out
.50 cents for every time Chara, "Rat face" Marchant or Lucic is penalized.

#29 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

If Holland hadn't acquired Quincey, he probably would have been on Justin Schultz's short list considering that there would have been a spot for him to step into and play.

First you accused Holland of lowballing Schultz, and now you say that it's because there was insufficient space. Neither of your attestations have any truth. Schultz wanted to play for a young, Canadian team. 

Your desire to place blame is very evident. It's not going to get you anywhere.

He gave up a first-rounder in a weak draft. Perhaps you have a better idea? Would you have preferred that he had not made that trade, in which event we'd have needed to sign the likes of Roszival or Redden to fill the 6th spot?

#30 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

What might be scarier:  Quincey on the top pairing vs. C'Bus?  From a few minutes ago:

#RedWings D Jonathan Ericsson leaving practice early, limping slightly after fall.

Definitely not good... If it was Quincey, or Kindl it wouldn't be so bad, but it is one of our top D-men... not good...

1619431_10152076754861235_68631640462286

#31 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,152 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

He gave up a first-rounder in a weak draft. Perhaps you have a better idea?

He could start by not trading a 1st round pick for Kyle Quincey. I mean, if we're time-traveling and all.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#32 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,152 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

To put too fine a point on it... The idea is Holland traded a 1st round pick for a guy who seems hell-bent on getting bounced off the roster by Jakub Kindl. Bottom line: Quincey has done nothing good for us since coming back aboard. And that hurts. Now, could Kenny have known Quincey would (under)perform this way? No, I don't think anyone could've seen this coming. So it's not like ZOMG HOLLAND IZ TEH STOOPID (even though he really kinda is, at times, in certain respects). But, I think what really gets a lot of people re: Quincey is the fact that this is his second stint with the Wings. We had him, we got him gone, then we traded a 1st round pick to get him back, and, thus far, that buy-back has looked very facepalm indeed.

Edited by Dabura, 21 January 2013 - 06:24 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#33 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Dabura" data-cid="2342895" data-time="1358760440"><p>
To put too fine a point on it.... The idea is Holland traded a <span class='bbc_underline'>1st round pick</span> for a guy who seems hell-bent on getting bounced off the roster by Jakub Kindl. Bottom line: Quincey has done nothing good for us since coming back aboard. And that hurts. Now, could Kenny have known Quincey would (under)perform this way? No, I don't think anyone could've seen this coming. So it's not like ZOMG HOLLAND IZ TEH STOOPID (even though he really kinda is, at times, in certain respects). But, I think what really gets a lot of people re: Quincey is the fact that this is his <em class='bbc'>second stint</em> with the Wings. We had him, we got him gone, then we traded a 1st round pick to get him back, and, thus far, that buy-back has looked very facepalm indeed.</p></blockquote>

Yup. The Red Wings are a bunch of Has Beens.

Step One is to fire Holland.

Step Two is to buy out the old crap (Bert, Sammy, etc.).

Step Three is to move the good old guys (Z, D, F, F) down in the lineup and replace them with good new guys (we need a few of these).

#34 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,152 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Holland loves safe, familiar, comfortable, been-there-done-that. This, in turn, filters through, informs and - ultimately - floods the big unsinkable boat.

This is a GM issue more than anything else. Ken Holland has to change his ways.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#35 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

I think Quincey will turn it around, given some more time. I think he will overcome his annoying face and be a solid 2nd paring guy.

071812_quincey.jpg

Edited by RedWingsDad, 21 January 2013 - 02:17 PM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#36 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,571 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

The knock on Quincey has always been a lack of consistency.  Playing like a top pairing guy for a stretch, then suddenly looking like a #7 guy . 

Hopefully he got a lot of that out of his system against the Blues. 

#37 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

I remember him being much more serviceable his first time around with the Wings....

Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#38 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Here's to hoping that Lashoff plays tonight and wins Quincey's job when E comes back.

#39 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

I remember him being much more serviceable his first time around with the Wings....

Some people have the strangest memories where Quincey is concerned. He played 6-8 minutes a night against the fourth lines of the Flames, Ducks, and Sharks in 2007, and then was utterly overshadowed by Meech and Ericsson when they were all up during the injury spell of early 2008.

#40 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Never been a fan of Quincey but it's still too soon to judge.  Need a sample size of at least 5 games, though I'd rather prefer 7 to 10.