180 replies to this topic

#161 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

let's not act like this is Scott Stevens/Niedermayer New Jersey Devils.

isn't the "Scott Stevens/Niedermayer New Jersey Devils" exactly the team he was referring to?

#162 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

isn't the "Scott Stevens/Niedermayer New Jersey Devils" exactly the team he was referring to?

Don't mind me, I don't read well haha. Yea for some reason I jumped to 05-06 thinking about the locked out year rather then shortened season.

Either way, Ericsson is pretty much Scott Stevens.

#163 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Ericsson is pretty much Scott Stevens.

lol

#164 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Or MacKinnon ;)...

Or Drouin

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#165 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

DIdn't NJ also fire their coach that year?

#166 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

True, but we have a much better offense than the Devils did that year.  We have a goalie who is actually playing really well for us right now and an offense that's a little snake bitten at the moment, but is far too talented to stay this quiet.  The defense is definitely a work in progress, no doubt, especially with the injuries now, but who knows what our defense will look like in a couple months after the trade deadline and our younger guys get more experience.  I think history has also proven that doubting the Wings can make people look very foolish in the end. 

Much better?  I kind of doubt it.  After the top line on this year's Detroit team, the scoring potential is rather limited it seems....

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#167 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Or Drouin

We have enough playmaking pass first guys. Need a scorer which Mac is. I would even take Barkov for his aggressiveness attacking the net before Drouin. However these are pipe dreams since we will be picking in the 8-15 range.

Edited by MasterPavel, 24 January 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#168 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Until D and Z are split up, I don't expect much wins from here on out. Babcock needs to recognize this and understand Flip is not a 2nd line center.

#169 lacrossekid2

lacrossekid2

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

I don't know why everyone expects this team not to be in the postseason or close to it. They still have the weapons when healthy to be a #6 seed

Lead Writer for http://awinninghabit.com and lead NHL writer for http://fansided.com

#170 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Kings and Flames are still winless.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#171 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

while guys like Drouin, MacKinnon and Jones are very distant possibility we may very well draft that Nichushkin guy who made some noise at the last WJHC. He will be most likely available in the 20-40 range as nobody these days are paying attention to Russian. 17 yo already built like a tank with some soft hands...

PS Also those saying that Seth Jones is nothing special never watched the last WJHC. He was the best player on that USA winning team.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#172 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

I would take Valeri before Drouin or Barkov. He won't fall in the 20-40 range as you have said but 10-15 is where he will be selected.

#173 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

I don't know why everyone expects this team not to be in the postseason or close to it. They still have the weapons when healthy to be a #6 seed

Have you seen them play?  They were taken to the very limit and could have easily lost the game against Columbus.  Columbus isn't good.

If this team is .500 it will be a miracle and Babs will have to be a coach of the year candidate.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#174 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Have you seen them play?  They were taken to the very limit and could have easily lost the game against Columbus.  Columbus isn't good.

If this team is .500 it will be a miracle and Babs will have to be a coach of the year candidate.

Guess Nashville should call it a season too since they lost to Columbus....
Geez

#175 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,989 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

We'll make the playoffs. And then lose in the first or second round. Again.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#176 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

This is absolutely possible Dabura, but my guess would be we miss the playoffs due mainly to injuries and get the 12th pick and take Nuchishken or whatever his name is.

#177 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Guess Nashville should call it a season too since they lost to Columbus....
Geez

you don't lose two surefire hall fo famers in Rafalski and Lidstrom and replace them with basically nothing, you don't replace a guy like Hossa with nothing and you don't replace the scoring from Hudler with Sammy ( :lol: ) and expect things to remain the same. 

Sorry but the utopian view of the Wings reloading this year is naive at best.  The West has 12 teams better than the Wings right now, including Nashville.  Just so you're aware, I've seen just about every minute of the BJ's since opening night and they haven't played nearly as well since opening night and the scores reflect that.

Get a clue already.

#178 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

you don't lose two surefire hall fo famers in Rafalski and Lidstrom and replace them with basically nothing, you don't replace a guy like Hossa with nothing and you don't replace the scoring from Hudler with Sammy ( :lol: ) and expect things to remain the same. 

Sorry but the utopian view of the Wings reloading this year is naive at best.  The West has 12 teams better than the Wings right now, including Nashville.  Just so you're aware, I've seen just about every minute of the BJ's since opening night and they haven't played nearly as well since opening night and the scores reflect that.

Every minute of their entire 3 games have you? You don't say, you might as well tune out the rest of the season, because you know the rest of the story.

No one is saying there shouldn't be an ounce of concern, and no one is saying they are going to be a president trophy winner, but it's very early, Wing's are injured, and things can and most likely will change for every team in the league. What if Crawford goes down for Chicago, and Hossa starts to get concussions symptons again? Hitchcock eats too many hotdogs and the team starts to lose focus and plays worse.

Wing's aren't off to a good start, but to write their season off entirely is naive at best.

Edited by Carman, 25 January 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#179 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,888 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

nm.

Edited by rick zombo, 25 January 2013 - 02:27 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#180 stevie for president

stevie for president

Red Blings

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

I guess Barry Melrose thinks this pessimism is justified.  Babcock should win Jack Adams if the Wings make the playoffs? Personally, I think Baryy Melrose is an idiot.

I hope I did that right.