• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,052 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

After laughing with my dad for a while about the Wings 6-0 loss and the fact that we have 1 player under 25, it's time to start the Ken Holland quote thread.  

"I like our team"

"We may miss the playoffs this year"

"The power play is our enforcer"

I'm gonna go ahead and join my dad in hoping the Wings tank this season cause i'd love to see them get not only McKinnon but find a way to get Ryan Pulock from the Brandon Wheat Kings.  Here's a quote for Kenny after last nights game where none of our guys sharpened their skates...."it's time to get younger and draft a guy in the top 5 for the first time since Yzerman, and not give Yzerman our 1st rounder to make Tampa better."

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#2 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,166 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

We kicked the tires, but, ultimately, we didn't feel the price was right.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#3 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

They would probably need to actually have a first round pick to draft McKinnon...... Also if they had the first overall pick wouldnt it be wiser to get Seth Jones? That guy is a beast and reminds me of lidstrom a little bit

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#4 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,052 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

They would probably need to actually have a first round pick to draft McKinnon...... Also if they had the first overall pick wouldnt it be wiser to get Seth Jones? That guy is a beast and reminds me of lidstrom a little bit

I thought Tampa got last years first rounder, which is why our 1st pick was Frk in the 2nd round was it not?

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

#5 radekas

radekas

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

The ultimate Ken Holland quote:

"I like our chances"

#6 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Here's a quote:

"Who said we couldn't win with Euro's?" -2008  (now you cannot Kenny)

Did he actually say that he made a mistake giving a 1st for Quincey? In not so many words.

I agree, if he actually got one of the top two picks, he should draft Jones. Not even he could screw that up, could he? I know he would give much consideration to Robert Hagg, but would he actaully skip over Jones to draft another Swedish defenseman?

If he were to use the 1st or 2nd overall for a forward here are some guys I think he would consider BEFORE MacKinnon...:

Aleksander Barkov

Elias Lindhom

Valeri Nichushkin

André Burakovsky

...and if he went with D, I bet he would consider these before Jones:

Robert Hägg

Rasmus Ristolainen

then we will hear the quote... "We really trust Haken Andersson and his assessment of these players, plus Nick Lidstrom put his stamp of approval on it, and last I checked, he wasn't so bad of a talent..."

I hope and pray that if somehow someway Holland gets a top 2 pick he does the no-brainer and drafts Jones, even if he got the #1, he does need to get Jones over MacKinnon.  Its a huge need, an offensive player can be address via UFA (Corey Perry.)

Edited by LeftWinger, 20 January 2013 - 03:16 PM.

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#7 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

And with the 210th pick the Detroit Red Wings select Henrik Zetterberg

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#8 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

And with the 210th pick the Detroit Red Wings select Henrik Zetterberg

That would be fine, as long as with the 2nd pick, the Detroit Red Wings select Seth Jones (not Robert Hagg or Rasmus Ristolainen or any other Euro over Jones or MacKinnon)

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#9 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I thought Tampa got last years first rounder, which is why our 1st pick was Frk in the 2nd round was it not?

correct. the first rounder we traded was for the 2012 draft. 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#10 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,052 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

correct. the first rounder we traded was for the 2012 draft. 

Good, so if the Wings get a top 2 pick then they can draft McKinnon and instead of Seth Jones, just bring up Oulette, Sproul and eventually McKee and we're good....but i wouldn't quote Holland in saying that  :lol:

#11 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

"it's time to get younger and draft a guy in the top 5 for the first time since Yzerman, and not give Yzerman our 1st rounder to make Tampa better."

A guy not named Joe Murphy or Keith Primeau that is.

#12 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,603 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Jesus. It's a pretty bad time to be a Wings fan I guess, if we're already bashing Holland for making the wrong 2013, 1st or 2nd overall draft choice.

Talk about insanity.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#13 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

No talk about the fact everybody freaks out every year after game 1, 2, or 3. Then they stop.. Just watch

Edited by mjtm77, 21 January 2013 - 01:43 AM.

Posted Image

#14 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mjtm77" data-cid="2342883" data-time="1358750576"><p>
No talk about the fact everybody freaks out every year after game 1, 2, or 3. Then they stop.. Just watch</p></blockquote>

We took a good ass beating last night

#15 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

No talk about the fact everybody freaks out every year after game 1, 2, or 3. Then they stop.. Just watch
We took a good ass beating last night

A loss is a loss. Vancouver have 2 straight losses, so do the Rangers. All we need to do is win against Columbus and we have a better record than two of the cup favorites.

#16 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,166 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

A loss is a loss. Vancouver have 2 straight losses, so do the Rangers. All we need to do is win against Columbus and we have a better record than two of the cup favorites.

Good point.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#17 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dat's sick" data-cid="2342908" data-time="1358770593"><p>
A loss is a loss. Vancouver have 2 straight losses, so do the Rangers. All we need to do is win against Columbus and we have a better record than two of the cup favorites.</p></blockquote>

And what would now be Philadelphia too...

#18 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

We knew they were going to be rusty, I just don't think we expected them to be THAT rusty.  I'll admit, I still have not realized the season started, at least it doesn't feel like it.  I'm going to consider the first week or two preseason, just so I have time to adjust back into this thing called 'watching hockey'.  Saturday night I couldn't help but sit there and laugh.  It was horrendous, and we all know it.  Let's just hope the boys play at least 60 seconds tonight.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  MOTB TOTAL: $12

#19 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

We knew they were going to be rusty, I just don't think we expected them to be THAT rusty.  I'll admit, I still have not realized the season started, at least it doesn't feel like it.  I'm going to consider the first week or two preseason, just so I have time to adjust back into this thing called 'watching hockey'.  Saturday night I couldn't help but sit there and laugh.  It was horrendous, and we all know it.  Let's just hope the boys play at least 60 seconds tonight.

60 seconds? the problem saturday was they only played 60 seconds, we need them to play 60 minutes

1619431_10152076754861235_68631640462286

#20 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

We don't need 3 threads to discuss the game.  Please use this one for Holland quotes only.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011