• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

The Ken Holland Quote Thread

Rate this topic

After laughing with my dad for a while about the Wings 6-0 loss and the fact that we have 1 player under 25, it's time to start the Ken Holland quote thread.

"I like our team"

"We may miss the playoffs this year"

"The power play is our enforcer"

I'm gonna go ahead and join my dad in hoping the Wings tank this season cause i'd love to see them get not only McKinnon but find a way to get Ryan Pulock from the Brandon Wheat Kings. Here's a quote for Kenny after last nights game where none of our guys sharpened their skates...."it's time to get younger and draft a guy in the top 5 for the first time since Yzerman, and not give Yzerman our 1st rounder to make Tampa better."

They would probably need to actually have a first round pick to draft McKinnon...... Also if they had the first overall pick wouldnt it be wiser to get Seth Jones? That guy is a beast and reminds me of lidstrom a little bit

They would probably need to actually have a first round pick to draft McKinnon...... Also if they had the first overall pick wouldnt it be wiser to get Seth Jones? That guy is a beast and reminds me of lidstrom a little bit

I thought Tampa got last years first rounder, which is why our 1st pick was Frk in the 2nd round was it not?

Here's a quote:

"Who said we couldn't win with Euro's?" -2008 (now you cannot Kenny)

Did he actually say that he made a mistake giving a 1st for Quincey? In not so many words.

I agree, if he actually got one of the top two picks, he should draft Jones. Not even he could screw that up, could he? I know he would give much consideration to Robert Hagg, but would he actaully skip over Jones to draft another Swedish defenseman?

If he were to use the 1st or 2nd overall for a forward here are some guys I think he would consider BEFORE MacKinnon...:

Aleksander Barkov

Elias Lindhom

Valeri Nichushkin

André Burakovsky

...and if he went with D, I bet he would consider these before Jones:

Robert Hägg

Rasmus Ristolainen

then we will hear the quote... "We really trust Haken Andersson and his assessment of these players, plus Nick Lidstrom put his stamp of approval on it, and last I checked, he wasn't so bad of a talent..."

I hope and pray that if somehow someway Holland gets a top 2 pick he does the no-brainer and drafts Jones, even if he got the #1, he does need to get Jones over MacKinnon. Its a huge need, an offensive player can be address via UFA (Corey Perry.)

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest mjtm77

No talk about the fact everybody freaks out every year after game 1, 2, or 3. Then they stop.. Just watch

Edited by mjtm77

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mjtm77" data-cid="2342883" data-time="1358750576"><p>

No talk about the fact everybody freaks out every year after game 1, 2, or 3. Then they stop.. Just watch</p></blockquote>

We took a good ass beating last night

No talk about the fact everybody freaks out every year after game 1, 2, or 3. Then they stop.. Just watch

We took a good ass beating last night

A loss is a loss. Vancouver have 2 straight losses, so do the Rangers. All we need to do is win against Columbus and we have a better record than two of the cup favorites.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dat's sick" data-cid="2342908" data-time="1358770593"><p>

A loss is a loss. Vancouver have 2 straight losses, so do the Rangers. All we need to do is win against Columbus and we have a better record than two of the cup favorites.</p></blockquote>

And what would now be Philadelphia too...

We knew they were going to be rusty, I just don't think we expected them to be THAT rusty. I'll admit, I still have not realized the season started, at least it doesn't feel like it. I'm going to consider the first week or two preseason, just so I have time to adjust back into this thing called 'watching hockey'. Saturday night I couldn't help but sit there and laugh. It was horrendous, and we all know it. Let's just hope the boys play at least 60 seconds tonight.

We knew they were going to be rusty, I just don't think we expected them to be THAT rusty. I'll admit, I still have not realized the season started, at least it doesn't feel like it. I'm going to consider the first week or two preseason, just so I have time to adjust back into this thing called 'watching hockey'. Saturday night I couldn't help but sit there and laugh. It was horrendous, and we all know it. Let's just hope the boys play at least 60 seconds tonight.

60 seconds? the problem saturday was they only played 60 seconds, we need them to play 60 minutes

I've actually been looking around a few other wings forums, and I think most people are starting to hate Holland. It isn't his fault Bettman has created a forced parity in the league, he has done as good a job as any gm with what he has to work with. People are going as far as putting pictures of holland with a target on his face as their profile picture, and the caption saying HOLLAND SUCKS. I say give him another season to see if he can turn this team around, He brought us a lot of success in the past.

I've actually been looking around a few other wings forums, and I think most people are starting to hate Holland. It isn't his fault Bettman has created a forced parity in the league, he has done as good a job as any gm with what he has to work with. People are going as far as putting pictures of holland with a target on his face as their profile picture, and the caption saying HOLLAND SUCKS. I say give him another season to see if he can turn this team around, He brought us a lot of success in the past.

To be honest, I'm more in the middle. I've never held Holland up as the perfect GM or anything. That said, he would be very well respected around the league and that goes a long way in being able to perform his job. I'm not getting down on him now either, why would people be doing that (for not getting Suter?). There's only so much he can do.

That said though, based on what you've just described in saying it's not Holland's fault that Bettman has forced parity, aren't you idirectly saying that Holland would be able to build a stronger team if he could spend way more money? If so, how does spending lots of money make you a good GM?

To be honest, I'm more in the middle. I've never held Holland up as the perfect GM or anything. That said, he would be very well respected around the league and that goes a long way in being able to perform his job. I'm not getting down on him now either, why would people be doing that (for not getting Suter?). There's only so much he can do.

That said though, based on what you've just described in saying it's not Holland's fault that Bettman has forced parity, aren't you idirectly saying that Holland would be able to build a stronger team if he could spend way more money? If so, how does spending lots of money make you a good GM?

Well obviously he could make a much better team with no cap in place. I am referring more to the fact that he has kept this team competitive for the last 8 years under the cap system, now with the loss of Lids we are looking a little hairy. The forced parity comes into affect when you realize broke teams are able to get just as much talent as rich teams, and the talent is so spread out that no matter how good of a gm you may be, you really can't have a strong team every year, it just isn't possible.