• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

The Ken Holland Quote Thread

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2342996" data-time="1358788341"><p>

"We're comfortable with keeping Franzen, even though Marian was willing to take a huge discount to stay, we like our chances with Johan and Jiri..."</p></blockquote>

Ha!

Nice

60 seconds? the problem saturday was they only played 60 seconds, we need them to play 60 minutes

I was alluding to the fact they didn't show up at all Sat.

I've actually been looking around a few other wings forums, and I think most people are starting to hate Holland. It isn't his fault Bettman has created a forced parity in the league, he has done as good a job as any gm with what he has to work with. People are going as far as putting pictures of holland with a target on his face as their profile picture, and the caption saying HOLLAND SUCKS. I say give him another season to see if he can turn this team around, He brought us a lot of success in the past.

That's mindfly for you.

Jesus. It's a pretty bad time to be a Wings fan I guess, if we're already bashing Holland for making the wrong 2013, 1st or 2nd overall draft choice.

Talk about insanity.

This is a fun thread to ease the tension after a pathetic start to the season, and it's fun to see all the tomfoolery people can come up with. And about half way through the season we may see some good Holland quotes. I almost want to start a thread for Babcock's quotes of frustration. I'll wait til we have about 8-10 to laugh at.

I've actually been looking around a few other wings forums, and I think most people are starting to hate Holland. It isn't his fault Bettman has created a forced parity in the league, he has done as good a job as any gm with what he has to work with. People are going as far as putting pictures of holland with a target on his face as their profile picture, and the caption saying HOLLAND SUCKS. I say give him another season to see if he can turn this team around, He brought us a lot of success in the past.

I have always been a big Holland fan, but this offseason i want to be able to quote him in saying the follwing:

"The Wings are too small and can't forcheck their way out of a paper bag. Sorry Sweden, we're drafting 7 players this year from North America and they're all gonna be 6'3 or bigger cause that's how you win the cup since our last win. We're gonna play catch up now."

On top of that, we need Perry or Getzlaf here if they test the market. That would be Holland's saving grace.

"We're comfortable with keeping Franzen, even though Marian was willing to take a huge discount to stay, we like our chances with Johan and Jiri..."

Somewhere a ball was dropped... The Hossa non-signing was an epic failure.

This is a fun thread to ease the tension after a pathetic start to the season, and it's fun to see all the tomfoolery people can come up with. And about half way through the season we may see some good Holland quotes. I almost want to start a thread for Babcock's quotes of frustration. I'll wait til we have about 8-10 to laugh at.

I have always been a big Holland fan, but this offseason i want to be able to quote him in saying the follwing:

"The Wings are too small and can't forcheck their way out of a paper bag. Sorry Sweden, we're drafting 7 players this year from North America and they're all gonna be 6'3 or bigger cause that's how you win the cup since our last win. We're gonna play catch up now."

On top of that, we need Perry or Getzlaf here if they test the market. That would be Holland's saving grace.

I would settle for just Perry. He would instantly be the sniper/power forward that Datsyuk needs!

But ya, could you imagine the line of Getzlaf - Datsyuk - Perry? Almost as good as my fantasy line of Ryan - Datsyuk - Perry.

Edited by LeftWinger

Here's a babs quote for you.

Well our guys didn't look good out there, they just have to come out next game and play harder and try to win some battles in the corners, were going to watch the video of tonight and burn it after and bleach our eyes.

Babcock can you comment on rumours of possibly getting getzlav or perry on your team before the end of the season?

- why, did we fire ken holland?

I have always been a huge critic of Holland's ( a lot of negative.) This past summer I really gave him credit for doing his best to get the Olsen twins here, or at least Suter, and I do love the draft picks along with picking up Jordin Tootoo. I am and always will be on the fence with Holland though. He has made some real questionable deals (letting Hossa go, 1st round for Quincey) recently and has historically drafted softer players over the glaring needs of our team. Again, I give him a B+ for this summer, it's just too bad that the Olsen twins family's didn't come from Michigan.

"We're comfortable with keeping Franzen, even though Marian was willing to take a huge discount to stay, we like our chances with Johan and Jiri..."

You know Hudler wasn't on the 09-10 team, right?

Also, over the last 3 years, Hossa's and Mule's goal scoring has been roughly equal in the regular season, and Franzen has been more productive in the playoffs.

Also, over the last 3 years, Hossa's and Mule's goal scoring has been roughly equal in the regular season, and Franzen has been more productive in the playoffs.

Well yes, but that includes last year's playoffs where Hossa only played 2 games before getting brained by Torres early in the third game.

The reality is that Mule has had 3 exceptional playoffs and 4 that have been mediocre to bad. Hossa had one tremendous year with Pittsburgh, but has had plenty of good years besides that.

Right, but when Hossa was wanting to sign here, Holland was still trying to sign Hudler that summer before he bolted for Russia. So his intentions were to sign Franzen and Hudler that summer...

"We love what Anthony Stewart brings to a team, and are in definite need to get bigger and tougher to play against, Anthony would provide that two-fold! Um....but in the end, we like Emmerton and Mursak on our team, so we had to pass..."

"We love what Anthony Stewart brings to a team, and are in definite need to get bigger and tougher to play against, Anthony would provide that two-fold! Um....but in the end, we like Emmerton and Mursak on our team, so we had to pass..."

...familiarity with the system...blah blah blah...

esteef

Well yes, but that includes last year's playoffs where Hossa only played 2 games before getting brained by Torres early in the third game.

The reality is that Mule has had 3 exceptional playoffs and 4 that have been mediocre to bad. Hossa had one tremendous year with Pittsburgh, but has had plenty of good years besides that.

Even without counting last season against Hossa, he has played more games yet scored fewer goals and points than Franzen. Franzen also dealt with an injury a couple years ago. Two of the four "bad" years for Franzen came his first two years in the league, before he emerged as a top-6 forward.

Right, but when Hossa was wanting to sign here, Holland was still trying to sign Hudler that summer before he bolted for Russia. So his intentions were to sign Franzen and Hudler that summer...

Hudler had nothing to do with it. We were never going to keep both Franzen and Hossa, seemed to me it was just a matter of who signed first. Also, coming off a career year and a 2nd straight big playoff year certainly didn't hurt Franzen.

In your head, does Holland actually say these things? If not, how long does it take before you start to believe they're real?

Guest The Axe

"Why go after goal scorers of today and tomorrow when you can have the goal scorers of the past for cheaper?"

In your head, does Holland actually say these things? If not, how long does it take before you start to believe they're real?

mostly in my head, because I just take things that he has said a million times before and just put the different names in there....of course he didn't say this, but if he were asked about Stewart, this would be something close to what he would say...something good about the player...how he would be a nice fit...but he likes the team the way it is....it's like a broken record all the time, only the names have changed....wanted dead or alive! sorry...

Hudler had nothing to do with it. We were never going to keep both Franzen and Hossa, seemed to me it was just a matter of who signed first. Also, coming off a career year and a 2nd straight big playoff year certainly didn't hurt Franzen.

Really makes you look forward to Franzen's next contract year.....oh wait...

there's every logic for tanking the season when it's clear that Wings have slim chances for playoffs. which will only be obvious around first week of April I guess.

other than that... why? it's a short season lot of factors come in to play that make playoffs that much more unpredictable. and most certainly nothing can be said

about the situation after just 2 games. chill out.

I mean.. it's not like we're very deep into the season, huh?

"Are you doing the right thing? People thought we were too skillful, too European. Are we too small? Not tough enough? But at the end of the day you believe in what you believe in. You believe in the people you believe in. You believe in your program."