• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/21: Red Wings 4 at Blue Jackets 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

I much rather it be this

Kronwall-White

Smith-Colly

Q-Lashoff

The way Quincey played against St. Louis I would not want him paired with Lashoff. I know Lashoff is the stay at home, defensive type but this will be his NHL debut. I'm not one of the Quincey haters but I'd rather he get his game rolling before taking care of a rookie...I'm not even thrilled that the original pairing had Quincey with Smith.

Guest RedWingsDad
sugar and spice and everything nice...

I'd rather it be piss and vinegar... but sadly, I think your description is more accurate.

Edited by RedWingsDad

Actually kinda nervous to see them play again. I'm not a doom and gloomer but the way they played the other night was one of the worst overall performances I've ever seen them play. I hope it was a fluke, and they just play with some heart.

The injuries are brutal, but its giving some new faces a look at the NHL.

LGW

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="puckloo39" data-cid="2342939" data-time="1358780758"><p>

I have been thinking (always a dangerous proposition): when's the last time the Wings came out strong at the beginning of a season? 2001, if I recall. Since then, not so much. They'll be OK. As someone said, it could hardly be any worse than game 1! :lol:<br />

<br />

No predication, just play like you want to be there, and win this one, Wings!</p></blockquote>

Last year they started well before falling apart for 6 games

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Din758" data-cid="2342960" data-time="1358784063"><p>

if Q pulls his head out of his ass and plays the body, and we watch for the stretch pass, i think were good.<br />

<br />

i hope people arent that worried about the last game. blues have a legit shot to win it all this year.</p></blockquote>

To me the fact that the stretch pass beat them so easily just means they were a little rusty. I didn't see many other defensive breakdowns except when quincey got beat on the rush

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Din758" data-cid="2342960" data-time="1358784063"><p>

if Q pulls his head out of his ass and plays the body, and we watch for the stretch pass, i think were good.<br />

<br />

i hope people arent that worried about the last game. blues have a legit shot to win it all this year.</p></blockquote>

To me the fact that the stretch pass beat them so easily just means they were a little rusty. I didn't see many other defensive breakdowns except when quincey got beat on the rush

I think a lot of it was rust and short camp, but there were plenty of defensive breakdowns, those were just the worst ones. You don't give up that many shots without a ton of defensive lapses. As I said in the GDT, Dats was even lazy covering his man around the net. If memory serves Jimmy made the save but it led to a great scoring chance and is something you never see from Datsyuk.

Kronwall and Smith letting two guys get behind them while on the PK is another ridiculously bad breakdown. And on the third goal Quincey was responsible for it was off a nice deflection when he was right there and should've been tying up his man.

Based on their performance the opening game this team really has nowhere to go but up.