• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/21: Red Wings 4 at Blue Jackets 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="datterberg1340" data-cid="2343609" data-time="1358821463"><p>

yeah I'm hoping Holland lets him walk after this season, but I have a bad feeling he'll offer him a contract anyway</p></blockquote>

Cleary will get 4 years from dumbdick Holland, probably.

Franzen is NOT playing great...

Yeah I know, because his screen on the first goal, and assist on the second one didn't factor in at all. You don't have to like the guy, but your absurd dislike for him is become obnoxious. You can't even give him credit when he clearly deserves it. Would you have preferred he didn't screen the goal or draw the defense and make the pass on the second one?

Great overall game by the Wings thus far. They had a couple minutes near the end there that they slowed down, but overall I am impressed. They are flying out there, their passing is much better and they are generating lots of good chances. Sure the jackets got another breakaway goal but that was a long shift for those two on D that is why Smith got beat so easily.

Howard is playing good tonight and I never blame a goalie for letting in a breakaway goal but he has to get better at them... he is 0 for 5 so far this season when someone comes in all alone... all he does is lays down on his stomach flat and hopes to stop it it seems... he needs to get better than that.

Overall, great game by the Wings... lets hope for a solid finish. I want Brunner to score super bad.

So hand pass off a faceoff is a penalty but a hand pass not off a faceoff isn't? Lol.

No. I think you get a 2min penalty after the 2nd infraction on a faceoff. The first was Flip tossed out, the 2nd was Cleary whit the hand pass (new rule before it was somewhat allowed)

Can anyone confirm that?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="djv19" data-cid="2343612" data-time="1358821567"><p>

Brunner can turn a good scoring chance into an easy save in a hurry.</p></blockquote>

The kid can finish, let him get acclimated to the NHL and he will start popping net with regularity.

Guest irishock

Smith has to realize that he's the #2 defensemen on the team right now. Gotta play like it.

Smith wasn't pinching on that goal. He was back, and got burned...bad.

oh no, smith wasn't pinching on that play, he simply was beat out and didn't have the wheels to run with him. i was simply pointing out that smith was prone to mistakes this season as he learns what he can and can't do within the NHL. Quincey unfortunately, so far hasn't proven that he is willing to be counted on. Throwing those two together on a pairing is bad news currently, hopefully Quincey can pick it up

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2343632" data-time="1358822242"><p>

<br />

He still hasn't done his patented move. The one where he skates into the zone, puts it on his backhand, spins around and looks lost. <br />

<br />

I think he passed that trait on to Brunnstrom, though. </p></blockquote>

Does he still have the 45' wrister into the goalie's chest?

Guest irishock
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2343632" data-time="1358822242"><p>

<br />

He still hasn't done his patented move. The one where he skates into the zone, puts it on his backhand, spins around and looks lost. <br />

<br />

I think he passed that trait on to Brunnstrom, though. </p></blockquote>

Does he still have the 45' wrister into the goalie's chest?

Couldn't find the CBJ logo but got the FS Ohio one instead.