• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/21: Red Wings 4 at Blue Jackets 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

It was awesome seeing Brunner get so many great chances to score on NHL ice. I still want to see him be more effective along the boards and in the corners though. I noticed he tends to let his teammates do the dirty work for him. Hopefully he learns to be more effective with his body.

yes he definitely deserves to stay up, esp. with "Glass Joe Colaiacovo" going down yet again

I was watching this game with a Leaf fan, when Colaiacovo got hurt I said to him, "Oh look Colaiacovo got hurt again", he said, "Yup".

Really if you think about it our D isn't any slower but the PL era ( post Lids) it seems everyone that has played with him has forgot how to be in position. I mean they couldnt have taken tips from a better guy.

They were out of position then too, just had Lids to bail them out :-)

It was so frustrating to play so well and then give up 3 (!) goals in straight succession. Luckily Dats bailed us out.. and Brunner's shootout goal (I almost called it a penalty kick :baby: ) was just so sublime.. well worth getting frustrated earlier. :D

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ogreslayer" data-cid="2344124" data-time="1358827496"><p>

If Big Rig can't go tomorrow night, does Almquist get the call-up? GR's only carrying 6 D on the roster right now btw....yikes... The organ-I-zation really needs to work on its defensive depth, eh?</p></blockquote>

This organization has lot's of defensive depth. It's just that it 's all 3-4 years away from being ready to play in the NHL. lol

Sooo happy with the man but man, does this defense need to step it up. They've played against the Columbus Blue Jackets don't even want to think would have happened against the Blackhawks or Canucks.

I knew this team would miss Lidstrom, but hardly an excuse for sloppy defensive coverage and Quince'd performances. Hopefully, this team can build upon the win and gain some confidence.

This was a much needed win especially after that 6-0 exhibition match.

After they got back to 3-2 I thought this is going to inflict some mental problems on the team, but our leaders finally stepped up. I have always felt that Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall and maybe 1 other player (maybe Howard, he's still young though compared to the other 3) need to truly become the "leaders" of this team.

They have all been leaders at a point during the last 4-5 seasons but none of them besides maybe Datsyuk (huge bias from me) is consistent enough to be compared to the leaders of generations past (e.g. Lidstrom). I seriously get that there will probably never be another Lidstrom (huge sigh!) but I want to see the "veterans" take this team to another level when it needs it most. We saw that tonight but too often last season and the season before we didn't see enough of that. At least that is what I have in mind from my limited hockey intelligence.

I hope tonight was a sign of things to come from the veterans, as well as Brunner. Also, fair play to Tootoo. I must say I was one of the people on here, granted I wasn't vocal about it, that just hated that signing. I hate Nashville with a passion, as well as pretty much all of their players. But he has surprised me thus far, and his willingness to fight for the team as well as his minutes has impressed me. I think he has taken his minutes situation awfully well considering how much more he was playing per night with the Predators. I wonder if he is gradually being worked in. Either way I hope he continues and gets some more action (at least more than Miller or Cleary).

I am really curious to see Quincey the rest of the season. I am pretty sure he doesn't need to be told his Detroit future is on the line. 2 horrible games. I know we have gotten worse in the defensive department but I still expect the defensive end of our game to be for the most part mistake free on the small things (e.g. knowing where the puck is :D)... it's one thing to be outplayed, quite another to just make errors like Quincey has done the last 2 games.

With this win we can look forward, but the team must remember what laid the foundations for this game; high intensity from the word go. Too often last year we played catch-up hockey and given our deep talent we could come back most of the time... but now we have to more resilient and intense from the start if we are to continue our playoff streak. Something tells me we're not going to get a lot of points (even OT losses) like we did last season if we go down 1 or 2 goals early.

It was awesome seeing Brunner get so many great chances to score on NHL ice. I still want to see him be more effective along the boards and in the corners though. I noticed he tends to let his teammates do the dirty work for him. Hopefully he learns to be more effective with his body.

Considering our luck (or lack thereof) with injuries, I'm actually a-ok with him staying as far away from the boards and corners as we wants. Every time he'd draw near one of said locations, I had this sinking feeling in my stomach, like a child of mine was running in front of a moving car. HE'S TOO YOUNG TO DIE! SO MUCH TO GIVE!

Considering our luck (or lack thereof) with injuries, I'm actually a-ok with him staying as far away from the boards and corners as we wants. Every time he'd draw near one of said locations, I had this sinking feeling in my stomach, like a child of mine was running in front of a moving car. HE'S TOO YOUNG TO DIE! SO MUCH TO GIVE!

I hear ya but this is the NHL not the Swiss Miss League so he needs to learn to get his nose dirty. TBH I think he is the type of player who will. He's adapting well so far.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

I hear ya but this is the NHL not the Swiss Miss League so he needs to learn to get his nose dirty. TBH I think he is the type of player who will. He's adapting well so far.

What we need is to get him on a line with Hank/Dats and a bona fide power-forward (e.g. Perry, Getzlaf, Lucic).

I'd eat that s*** up.

Edited by Dabura

A lot of hot air got expended talking about the quick fights around the league. In Tootoo's case, however, I think it's important to note that he has history with the Jackets from his time in Trashville.