• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/21: Red Wings 4 at Blue Jackets 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

HAHAHA ya he is. The guy just needs to break his goalginity and I could see them pouring in. He has great positional instincts.

Yeah, he seems to be every where.

Quincey looked better. Lashoff is invisible, which is perfect for now.

Having Datsyuk on the wing is killing me. He's not a shooter and he's a better passer than Zetterberg. He's completely wasted on the wing. Switch them or split them up Babs!

All in all good period though. I liked Abby, Brunner, and Tootoo. Lashoff looked decent as well.

I agree. Z scored 40 on the wing a while back. I think its more just for Brunner for now. Eventually they will get chemistry too and you will see different combos.

Well, I feel a little better knowing they remember how to play hockey. Now if they could just remember how to put one in the back of the net, we'll be good to go.

On a side note, Brunner has some to learn, but he already get tons of chances. This kids gonna start potting them soon, no way he doesn't. And Tootoo is wrecking shop. Homie got pissed and left his feet on him. Oh well, 22 can handle himself. Same kid who smashed Smith into the boards, I believe.

Having Datsyuk on the wing is killing me. He's not a shooter and he's a better passer than Zetterberg. He's completely wasted on the wing. Switch them or split them up Babs!

All in all good period though. I liked Abby, Brunner, and Tootoo. Lashoff looked decent as well.

yeah datsyuk looks lost on wing. i dont nearly hear his name enough

i think lashoff looks better than quiency.

or is quiency hurt? he should have won that race to get the icing and lost that then lost his man

Edited by brett

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="datterberg1340" data-cid="2343385" data-time="1358818138"><p>

can someone tell me why Emmerton is playing and not Nyquist?<br />

<br />

is Emmerton being a center THAT valuable to the coaches?</p></blockquote>

Agreed. Emmerton is done on Friday when Helm comes back. It was his pass in the neutral zone that got Jimmy run over.

and the fact that pasha is the natural center compared to hank being the natural winger. the stats show, pasha is the better center of the two. pasha would rather play make than finish it off. hank has the finishing touch with the play making capability. hank should be winging while pasha is creating space and running the 2-way game. we looked damn good that period, at first it was very disgusting but we shaped it up and had some moments where we looked real good. i'm still holding to my words that this lineup is going to impress a lot of people, just let them get into things.

can someone tell me why Emmerton is playing and not Nyquist?

is Emmerton being a center THAT valuable to the coaches?

Right now I'm kinda thinking that but Sammy instead of Emmerton. Sammy has been complete garbage so far, giving Fil no help on the 2nd line.

and the fact that pasha is the natural center compared to hank being the natural winger. the stats show, pasha is the better center of the two. pasha would rather play make than finish it off. hank has the finishing touch with the play making capability. hank should be winging while pasha is creating space and running the 2-way game. we looked damn good that period, at first it was very disgusting but we shaped it up and had some moments where we looked real good. i'm still holding to my words that this lineup is going to impress a lot of people, just let them get into things.

I agree, and once you have Helm and Bert back they should really get rocking. Defense is still scary, but playing better tonight...except for the two or three odd man rushes that thankfully didn't hurt us.

can someone tell me why Emmerton is playing and not Nyquist?

is Emmerton being a center THAT valuable to the coaches?

we have to use him as value, we can't send him down. we need the 4th line center right now until helmer comes back. unfortunately, he'll be a healthy scratch until we can package him or we're willing to lose him for nothing. he won't pass waivers. i really had hopes that he improved during the off-season but during the open practice on friday he had pissed me off, and quite frankly his play hasn't said anything so far. he has that punk attitude where he thinks he rates more than he has earned. just my opinion though.