• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/21: Red Wings 4 at Blue Jackets 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

I agree, and once you have Helm and Bert back they should really get rocking. Defense is still scary, but playing better tonight...except for the two or three odd man rushes that thankfully didn't hurt us.

when helmer and bert return, I think this team turns around completely. that third line is essential to this team. i think it's going to cause a lot of problems to majority of 3rd lines in this league. they bring something that many 3rd lines can't match. defense is brutal, no one can deny that but it also motivates players. luckily we have some great 2-way players that are well spread out throughout the lines that hopefully can make it easier on the back end. there was no excuse for saturday's game, st.louis was allowed to throw outlet passes right down the middle like it was free range. we stay healthy and i hold to my word that we'll do some damage.

Just got home. Sour that I missed the 1st, but oh well.

What did I miss? No goals, apparently.

Completely dominated play in the first. Something like a 15-4 shot differential. Hit the post three times. Tootoo fought Jared Boll 3 seconds into the game. No score yet, but a much better outing than saturday.

Just got home. Sour that I missed the 1st, but oh well.

What did I miss? No goals, apparently.

Tootoo dropped the mitts with Boll 3 seconds in...period was very much in the Wings favor, shots 13-5 with 3 pipes hit as well as the the Z-D-B line looked very strong

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="datterberg1340" data-cid="2343376" data-time="1358817963"><p>

<br />

yeah we need to start making the other team's players answer for any physical play, esp. cheap shot crap<br />

<br />

need to make other teams afraid to hit our guys or at least make them know they'll have to pay for it</p></blockquote>

Absolutely. You run our guys, you get levelled, or your stars do. A cheap shot artist like Backes... I'd shed no tears if he happened to catch a butt end when he goes for a cheap shot. Don't fire the first shot, but make the payback a tactical nuke.

when helmer and bert return, I think this team turns around completely. that third line is essential to this team. i think it's going to cause a lot of problems to majority of 3rd lines in this league. they bring something that many 3rd lines can't match. defense is brutal, no one can deny that but it also motivates players. luckily we have some great 2-way players that are well spread out throughout the lines that hopefully can make it easier on the back end. there was no excuse for saturday's game, st.louis was allowed to throw outlet passes right down the middle like it was free range. we stay healthy and i hold to my word that we'll do some damage.

I completely agree, and I also don't think that the defense is set in stone either. The more problematic it is the earlier Holland will address it, but either way I think he makes some changes before the deadline.

Completely dominated play in the first. Something like a 15-4 shot differential. Hit the post three times. Tootoo fought Jared Boll 3 seconds into the game. No score yet, but a much better outing than saturday.

that and mckenzie threw brendan smith into the boards. smith's face was nearly at the mid-section where the glass meets the boards. tootoo came at mckenzie and then mckenzie threw it back at tootoo. pretty sure we'll see someone face off with him tonight, whether it be smith or tootoo. mackenzie or mckenzie, whatever!