Photo
- - - - -

1/21: Red Wings 4 at Blue Jackets 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
942 replies to this topic

#61 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

sugar and spice and everything nice...

I'd rather it be piss and vinegar... but sadly, I think your description is more accurate.

Edited by RedWingsDad, 21 January 2013 - 03:16 PM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#62 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen all score. Wings win this one 3-2

#63 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

Actually kinda nervous to see them play again. I'm not a doom and gloomer but the way they played the other night was one of the worst overall performances I've ever seen them play. I hope it was a fluke, and they just play with some heart. 

The injuries are brutal, but its giving some new faces a look at the NHL. 

LGW

Posted Image

#64 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Let's go ahead and abandon the swiss cheese defense model pioneered by Mr. Quincey, and we might put up a decent game.

Let's go Wings!

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#65 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hopefully they got the rust and nerves out of the way Saturday night, and the real Red Wings show up tonight.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#66 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Hopefully they got the rust and nerves out of the way Saturday night, and the real Red Wings show up tonight.

and if they don't and the same team from Saturday shows up ...a mushroom cloud appears in Detroit as LGW goes nuclear.

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#67 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Interested in seeing Lashoff play.

Hopefully our team actually does show up and play.

Great too see GDTs again.

GO WINGS!

The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#68 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="puckloo39" data-cid="2342939" data-time="1358780758"><p>
I have been thinking (always a dangerous proposition):  when's the last time the Wings came out strong at the beginning of a season?  2001, if I recall.  Since then, not so much. They'll be OK.  As someone said, it could hardly be any worse than game 1!  :lol:<br />
 <br />
No predication, just play like you want to be there, and win this one, Wings!</p></blockquote>
Last year they started well before falling apart for 6 games

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#69 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Are there any apps where I ca watch the game? Game Center,I think, will black out the Wings game since I live in Michigan.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#70 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Din758" data-cid="2342960" data-time="1358784063"><p>
if Q pulls his head out of his ass and plays the body, and we watch for the stretch pass, i think were good.<br />
 <br />
i hope people arent that worried about the last game. blues have a legit shot to win it all this year.</p></blockquote>

To me the fact that the stretch pass beat them so easily just means they were a little rusty. I didn't see many other defensive breakdowns except when quincey got beat on the rush

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#71 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Din758" data-cid="2342960" data-time="1358784063"><p>
if Q pulls his head out of his ass and plays the body, and we watch for the stretch pass, i think were good.<br />
 <br />
i hope people arent that worried about the last game. blues have a legit shot to win it all this year.</p></blockquote>

To me the fact that the stretch pass beat them so easily just means they were a little rusty. I didn't see many other defensive breakdowns except when quincey got beat on the rush

I think a lot of it was rust and short camp, but there were plenty of defensive breakdowns, those were just the worst ones.  You don't give up that many shots without a ton of defensive lapses.  As I said in the GDT, Dats was even lazy covering his man around the net.  If memory serves Jimmy made the save but it led to a great scoring chance and is something you never see from Datsyuk. 

Kronwall and Smith letting two guys get behind them while on the PK is another ridiculously bad breakdown.  And on the third goal Quincey was responsible for it was off a nice deflection when he was right there and should've been tying up his man.

Based on their performance the opening game this team really has nowhere to go but up. 

#72 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Ericsson officially out for today's game?

#73 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'll be pissed if the wings come out the way they did against the blues.. I'm not even upset that we lost or that we lost as badly. No one on the team looked like they gave a s*** at all.... With the exception of the goalies

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#74 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Are there any apps where I ca watch the game? Game Center,I think, will black out the Wings game since I live in Michigan.

I tossed you a PM on this GCL blackout issue.

The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#75 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I'm calling it now, Ericsson hat trick.

that's easy to call....but who's the Blue Jacket that he'll give the trick up to?

#76 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Ericsson officially out for today's game?

Last I heard, he was still listed as a game-time decision.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#77 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Wings win 5 to 3.  Go into the third down 3 to 2 as well.  It wouldn't be the wings if we don't have a heart attack until mid way through the third.

Or even worse the comeback tease.

#78 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Tootoo fights on his first shift

#79 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

I was just getting ready to say that we'll see a fight tonight.  Pumped.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#80 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

4-2 Wings  Big night from out top line (Brunner x2, Dats, Z)

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!