Photo
- - - - -

1/21: Red Wings 4 at Blue Jackets 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
942 replies to this topic

#901 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hard fought win. Responded after going down a goal after 3 straight penalties. Overall nice to see Tootoo giving us a much needed physical presence. 

#902 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Once again, Wings fight = Win.  Mark it.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#903 Cruiser008

Cruiser008

Headed to the Rafters

• Silver Booster
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

WOOOOT!

I was at the game on Saturday and I'll just state the obvious; watching this one (albeit on TV) was so much more enjoyable.

Ever since Lidstrom's retirement (and Detroit's subsequent failure to acquire decent reinforcements) I've accepted that this would be a tough year for our D and special teams.  The first couple of games have comfirmed this for me, but I'm still glad as hell hockey is back and seeing how mediocre we are now actually makes me savour these normally forgettable regular season victories a lot more.

#904 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

O....m.....g
Thanks btw.

Edited by SaCkaveli20, 21 January 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#905 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

yes he definitely deserves to stay up, esp. with "Glass Joe Colaiacovo" going down yet again

Who's next in line to come up if E can't play? Cola is clearly done for a bit..he couldn't even move his arm.. is the E-Reader Kindl going to be ready ?

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#906 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

That was a totally sweet goal by Brunner, but part of me wishes he would have shelved it and made Bob look like an ass for going down early.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#907 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Franzen seemed to light up right after he got in a scuffle late in the 3rd. Should bring amnesty Franzen signs to the Joe if the guy plays like that when he cares.

bringit.jpg

#908 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

WOOOOT!

I was at the game on Saturday and I'll just state the obvious; watching this one (albeit on TV) was so much more enjoyable.

Ever since Lidstrom's retirement (and Detroit's subsequent failure to acquire decent reinforcements) I've accepted that this would be a tough year for our D and special teams.  The first couple of games have comfirmed this for me, but I'm still glad as hell hockey is back and seeing how mediocre we are now actually makes me savour these normally forgettable regular season victories a lot more.

yes I have a feeling we're going to have to appreciate these kinds of wins much more, at least for a little while

Who's next in line to come up if E can't play? Cola is clearly done for a bit..he couldn't even move his arm.. is the E-Reader Kindl going to be ready ?

yes I think Kindl is healthy and would get the call if Big E can't go

#909 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

btw this was the best TV work done by Pierre since he joined NBC. He was right on every single "bang-bang" play, did his research and wasn't annoying as usual. NBC should never, ever have Eddie in the booth again.

bringit.jpg

#910 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

wait check that, Kindl is nursing a groin injury but might be available Friday, wonder what they'll do for tomorrow's tilt vs. the Stars

#911 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

I hate shootouts but I'm glad we got the extra point. Very needed. Should have managed to win the game in regulation however, we had enough chances. BJ's aren't a bad, they've been underestimated, but they are a team we need to be better than if we're gonna make the playoffs. 

Overall a MUCH better game than against the Blues, still too many defensive breakdowns, and too many penalties and bad PK. 

But there was a lot of progress made. Bottom 6 looked great imo. Cleary is the only questionmark there. Filppula was good, but needs more help. Franzen was okay but Samuelsson was the worst player on the ice. 

Top line showed moments of brilliance. Brunner had great hustle all game, got himself in a bunch of scoring opportunities and showed his amazing talent in the shootout. I think he'll very soon start putting the puck into the net during regulation as well. 

Both Datsyuk and Z have a lot more in them though. Z tried to do too much a lot of the time, maybe something he needs to shake after playing against lesser opposition all season. Great work on the Datsyuk goal though. 

On D, it was a mixed bag. Lashoff will be difficult to remove from the lineup. The fact he got so much time on the PK and in key moments of the game obviously shows Babcock immediately recognized the kid was playing more solid than most of our other guys. Quincey needs to go back to basics, Smith has some serious defensive issues to work on, and Kronwall has to simplify his game. White and Colo both were passable imo. 

Howard was solid enough, he seems to be finding his game. 

#912 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

wait check that, Kindl is nursing a groin injury but might be available Friday, wonder what they'll do for tomorrow's tilt vs. the Stars

I'm starting to wonder who isn't nursing a groin injury.  They need to hire a groin masseuse therapist.

#913 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I hate shootouts but I'm glad we got the extra point. Very needed. Should have managed to win the game in regulation however, we had enough chances. BJ's aren't a bad, they've been underestimated, but they are a team we need to be better than if we're gonna make the playoffs. 

Overall a MUCH better game than against the Blues, still too many defensive breakdowns, and too many penalties and bad PK. 

But there was a lot of progress made. Bottom 6 looked great imo. Cleary is the only questionmark there. Filppula was good, but needs more help. Franzen was okay but Samuelsson was the worst player on the ice. 

Top line showed moments of brilliance. Brunner had great hustle all game, got himself in a bunch of scoring opportunities and showed his amazing talent in the shootout. I think he'll very soon start putting the puck into the net during regulation as well. 

Both Datsyuk and Z have a lot more in them though. Z tried to do too much a lot of the time, maybe something he needs to shake after playing against lesser opposition all season. Great work on the Datsyuk goal though. 

On D, it was a mixed bag. Lashoff will be difficult to remove from the lineup. The fact he got so much time on the PK and in key moments of the game obviously shows Babcock immediately recognized the kid was playing more solid than most of our other guys. Quincey needs to go back to basics, Smith has some serious defensive issues to work on, and Kronwall has to simplify his game. White and Colo both were passable imo. 

Howard was solid enough, he seems to be finding his game. 

wow you nailed it, I agree with every point

also, I hate Cleary now

Edited by datterberg1340, 21 January 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#914 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

That was a totally sweet goal by Brunner, but part of me wishes he would have shelved it and made Bob look like an ass for going down early.

The beauty is he crammed it into the 3 inches that was left for him. I love it.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#915 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Colaiacovo out for awhile according to Babs. Again, he played decent enough but can't stay on the ice.

The Red Wings needed health this short season, especially on a thin back-end. No E and Kindl already plus this now. Kenny almost has to use the excess forwards to at least get a body for depth.

Edited by GoWings1905, 21 January 2013 - 10:59 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#916 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hard fought win. Looked like a loss but Franz + Datsyuk tied it. Good job. Much better than game 1 that is for sure. They were skating tonight.

Edited by Zetterling, 21 January 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#917 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Much better effort tonight, Colaicovo definitely lasted longer before getting injured than i thought he would, and Lashoff was great. Smith just has big league jitters, give him a few games and he will adjust.

#918 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Much better effort tonight, Colaicovo definitely lasted longer before getting injured than i thought he would, and Lashoff was great. Smith just has big league jitters, give him a few games and he will adjust.

The guy played 14 games last year.  There is no time in a 48 game season to have growing pains or make excuses for these guys.  He hasn't been terrible but him and Quincey have been so out of position a few times its baffling.

#919 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

great to see Eaves back out there finally, he's a valuable role-player, great 3rd liner who can shoot, has speed and can kill penalties, barring any setbacks he should only get better after tonight

#920 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

If Big Rig can't go tomorrow night, does Almquist get the call-up?  GR's only carrying 6 D on the roster right now btw....yikes...   The organ-I-zation really needs to work on its defensive depth, eh?