• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Lashoff

Rate this topic

Lashoff > Ericsson

I don't know about that, but Carlo "the walking hospital bill" Colaicovo may be giving up his place if he's hurt.

I don't think Babcock has got the guts to bench Quincey (Holland's great acquisition from a season ago) just yet.

Guest Crymson

I kept forgetting that he wasn't actually Stuart (with the #23), which was a good sign.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crymson" data-cid="2344053" data-time="1358826071"><p>

I kept forgetting that he wasn't actually Stuart (with the #23), which was a good sign.</p></blockquote>

Not quite as physical, but I had a very similar thought

So glad he got a chance. I've been waiting to see him play up for a while. If he plays and continues to play good, he'll stay up. Whether its for Quincy or colai, were better off either way

Edited by amato

Really nice game for Lashoff, made all the plays that were expected, really only can recall that turnover on the penalty kill, but that was after a really nice shot block, and rushed to get the puck out. Rookie mistake and just assumed he didn't have the time to make a better play.

An impressive start, the failed clear aside. Opinions?

Kid played good....obviously nobody ever notices the failed clear except it ended up in the back of our net. He's gotta stay up, things are getting a little thin back there. Ericcson, Kindl, and Cola now.....wow

Edited by puckbags

Guest irishock

For an NHL debut, Lashoff looked excellent out there. He's going to get more playing time with Coli and Ericsson out.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2344094" data-time="1358826610"><p>

Lashoff has earned a spot over Kindl in my (e)book....:hysterical: Sorry, had to!<br />

<br />

If Cola is out and Kindl isn't ready to be the #7, I would love to see Ouellet with a chance, or Sproul the Bruiser...</p></blockquote>

Babs just said we'd have to bring someone up for tomorrow.. You might see one of them sooner rather than later.

I'll say he played excellent, and I won't make any reservations such as "...for a rookie" or "...for his first game" or "...didn't do much, so that's good". What other defenseman gets called up to the big club the day of the game, and immediately steps in on the PK, 4-4, and changes partners part way through the game due to injury? I really liked that I saw, maybe even more than I liked Smith's defensive game...which left quite a bit to be desired tonight.

Plus I love the kid's size and mobility.

Lashoff looked great.

What I saw from Smith was that he has a tendency to make that first mistake, then he doubles back to correct for it. He does a good job there, but eventually it will cost him.

Edited by rrasco

Ericsson

Kindl

Coca Cola.....

Jeez, what a bunch of pansies.

I guess Billins or Almquist come up next?

(edit) Or maybe Nicastro?

No way they yank Sproul or Oullett out of JRs. That would be too un-Holland like.

I think Billins is on a AHL contract, not a NHL contract

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="number9" data-cid="2344157" data-time="1358829709"><p>

<br />

I think Billins is on a AHL contract, not a NHL contract</p></blockquote>

I think you're right. My bad.

I was also thinking how funny it is that we're so pumped about a kid that came in and just played a steady, dependable game. Don't get me wrong, I am excited with how he played.

Edited by rick zombo